PDA

View Full Version : Overcard Hand

mojobluesman
12-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Opponent is loose and aggressive preflop, but not much info after that. Is is worth betting the overcards into the coordinated board against 2 opponents?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero ?.

Eeegah
12-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Even if he just has a 9 you don't have odds to see the river. I smell a slowplayed flush or maybe set and muck.

The flop continuation bet is fine. I don't know if it's worth betting the turn though.

mojobluesman
12-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Yea you are probably right. I usually follow through on the turn because plenty of people will call for a SB and then fold for the BB. I don't want them to see the river for free. On this board though, maybe the whole thing was a fiasco.

This hand was key for me because I later learned that the player was extremely aggressive and bluffed on occasion. (I folded this hand to the turn raise)

The next time we faced off and I had a reasonable hand and he popped me on the turn, I called. He had nothing but sucked out on the river. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dreadful last 200 hands. Won one hand and it was a blind steal.

Eeegah
12-10-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea you are probably right. I usually follow through on the turn because plenty of people will call for a SB and then fold for the BB. I don't want them to see the river for free. On this board though, maybe the whole thing was a fiasco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh don't get me wrong, I usually follow through with continuation bets all the way to the river, and I think it may be one of if not my single biggest leak at this point since I do it so often and I know it costs me money.

DCWildcat
12-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Turn bet was goot. Quintessential bet/fold.

tyler_cracker
12-10-2005, 09:26 PM
I think you have to continue betting on the turn, especially since it's HU and you're OOP. Question for anyone who is Eegah: after you check and he bets, what's your plan?

Folding to his raise is perfect. Nh.

Eeegah
12-10-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to continue betting on the turn, especially since it's HU and you're OOP. Question for anyone who is Eegah: after you check and he bets, what's your plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have one; that's why I always bet the turn and lose 3.5BB to some twit who called down with a pair of treys /images/graemlins/frown.gif