PDA

View Full Version : ($10+1) 44 in the BB - 7 left with big blinds

12-10-2005, 06:43 PM
This game had been going crazy slow (for an 11 anyway). There were 7 left with 100/200 blinds. Villian had been short stacked most of the game. An orbit or two ago he proudly showed 32o after stealing the blinds (he was a bit more desperate then, but still not super desperate). What is my next action here? I figured call since I was going to need some more chips to continue to play effectively. I pretty much assumed I'd be on the good end of a coin flip. What do think?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1190)
MP1 (t1640)
MP2 (t706)
CO (t1042)
Button (t1162)
SB (t1180)
Hero (t1080)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
4 folds, Button raises all-in, SB folds, Hero...

SammyKid11
12-10-2005, 09:40 PM
66+ and I'm thinking very seriously about calling. 44+ against the range of hands he could be pushing...man, you're either a VERY slight favorite or a huge underdog. I don't like to call into a situation where my very best-case scenario is a coinflip...unless I'm truly desperate. You've paid your blinds and have 5 hands now to find a better situation, WITH FE. I know you were dying to push your 4's into the BB...and I know villain is a donk...but mathematically, I'd still say you're better off folding here.

Edit: I misread that and thought you were SB instead of BB. I'm still folding this, however.

12-10-2005, 10:34 PM
I would definitely fold (but then again I suck) the only way you'll be on the better end of a coin flip is if he has two unpaired cards with one that is 4 or smaller, even then he's 70%, unless both his cards are 4 or smaller. a lot of the times he has a bigger pair, a larger suited connector is also a favorite to you. Since he's a donk you can easily beat him later on in the game where your chances are more obvious instead of putting your tournament life on a coin flip where you're most likely either 50% or 20% of chance to win.