PDA

View Full Version : 88 Hand M=12

glengarry
12-10-2005, 05:36 PM
$300 NL. Top 18 pay, approx. 50 players remain, avg. stack is approx. 7500. Blinds 100-200 but increasing to 100-200 25 ante in 2 minutes. Hero is in BB with 3600T. Hero has been at table for 4-5 rounds. Villain1 (4600T) has been raising many pots pre-flop and aggressive post-flop. Villain2 (7500T) has been calling a few, but not many, pre-flop raises; on recent hand, Villain2 went all-in on flop with flush draw, then hit on river. Hero has been fairly tight, aggressive.

Folded to Villain1 in CO. Villain1 raises to 600. Button folds. Villain2 calls in SB. Hero has 88 in BB.

Hero raises to 1800T (critiques welcomed), CO folds, SB calls. My thinking was a type of squeeze play (I know, that's usually with a bad hand) and define my hand. Call OOP somewhat puzzling after I re-raise raiser and caller. I was thinking SB doesn't have JJ-AA or else he doesn't just call initial raise and he has seen CO make too many raises, just like I have.

Flop comes JT6 rainbow. Villain2 goes all-in.

Questions 1-2 (#3 after results):
1) Hero?
2) What do you make of Villain2's play?

thx for all responses.

yvesaint
12-10-2005, 05:55 PM
1400 + antes in the pot is like 1600

you raised to 1800

they have now 1200 to call into a 3200 pot ....either push preflop or just call, the raise to 1800 really sucks ...

you fold flop you have 1800 left, ugh

but you are either slightly behind or way behind, he probably makes this play with KQ, Q9, 98 (ok youre ahead of that, but i think its marginal), any J, etc.

which is why i think the preflop play blows hard

suckbot
12-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Well here's my .02.

Villain 2 calls $500 in the SB, then another $1300 after you re-raise. Smells like a big hand to me, but let's assume he's just loose and lucky.

calls to see flop with KQ, has draw. has shown his willingness to push on them, plus also has 2 overs on you.

Hit either the J or the T.. then he's got you to a 2 outer really.

Alternatively, he has a fairly big pocket pair. But if he had one, why didn't he raise you all in when he had the chance?

could always be he figured you missed and wants to make you decide for your tourney. From the limited informmation, I'm guessing he's not that strong. If he hit a set or something wouldn't he want you to bet at the pot? However, 88 is just too weak here. Any over hits and you're done. If he already has either the J or the T you'd basically dead.

Drop the hand

glengarry
12-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Good points and sorry, I edited my post before reading yours. My thinking was that SB doesn't have very strong hand. If I'm right that CO is raising with middling to moderately strong opening hand, he will fold facing caller and raiser, then SB will not play his not very strong hand OOP, even getting 8-3 odds (okay that is possibly weak thinking and didn't figure the pot odds I was giving well enough). My thought was win 1500 for myself without risking all my chips -- even if I fold, my M is 6, going down to 3.5 soon so still have some small room to work.