PDA

View Full Version : A guy I knew semi-well, who is a movie star, murdered a cop.

Luv2DriveTT
12-10-2005, 05:31 PM
About 8 or so years ago I was working in NYC at a nightclub where I was the doorman (that’s a different story I'll share with OOT sometime in the future). This thugged out "goomba" with tacky clothing showed up at the packed door with a pack of guys demanding to come in. I turned him down because from his appearance he was wrong for the vibe of the club inside, until the club's promoter ran outside to explain that this knucklehead was his special guest for the evening. That’s how I first met Lillo Brancato (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000969/), he was always very polite even though I first turned him down at the door, perhaps it was partially respect, I'll never know for sure.

Lillo had just finished shooting the Crimson Tide; this was a few years after he played Robert Dinero's son in A Bronx Tale. His crowd was horrible... straight up tugged out wanna be mobsters. I vaguely recall seeing one of his boys flash a weapon once (don't remember what type however), and another time I got in the middle of a drunken brawl Lillo was in (he held a broken bottle of vodka in his hand; it could have been very bloody if we didn't step in to diffuse the scenario).

I was never a fan of Lillo's, to be honest he scared me a bit. He liked that mobster lifestyle a bit too much, which is dangerous because only the wannabe members of the mafia ever act up like Lillo did... and they are generally the most dangerous because they feel as if they have something to prove. If you remember the firebombing scene in A Bronx Tale, this was exactly the kind of shenanigans I expected from him and his friends, a powder keg waiting to explode.

With the exception of his year on the Sopranos, I haven't seen Lillo in at least 5 years if not more. Today I was reading CNN when I discovered he was shot during a break in robbery by an off duty police officer. Lillo or his accomplice had shot the police officer first, Officer Daniel Enchautegui died from his wounds but managed to fire off 4 rounds in to one of them, and 2 into the other.

I don't know what to say... a big part of me wishes I would have done something different many years ago. My heart goes out to Officer Daniel Enchautegui's family, he was a very brave man. - Link for the CNN report (http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/12/10/cop.shot.ap/index.html)

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

daryn
12-10-2005, 05:35 PM
http://movies.nnov.ru/Covers/Bronx%20Tale,%20A.jpg

damn.. why couldn't he just watch his own movie and learn a lesson from it?

Dantes
12-10-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a big part of me wishes I would have done something different many years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

worst post ever. You were a bouncer, saw a celebrity who has now done something stupid, and now wish you.. what? Took him under your wing? Teach him the facts of life? ughhhhhhh /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

daryn
12-10-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

worst post ever. You were a bouncer, saw a celebrity who has now done something stupid, and now wish you.. what? Took him under your wing? Teach him the facts of life? ughhhhhhh /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. that was pretty bad but i ignored it.

12-10-2005, 05:44 PM
A movie star tried to burglarize a cop's home?

Luv2DriveTT
12-10-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not read the part about when he held a broken bottle of vodka? He tried to stab the other guy. There is a lot more to it, I'm not going to share everything with OOT. I hung with or around this guy for 3 or more years, always watching my back because something just wasn't right. I wasn't just some guy who met in in a club, get it?

PS: Not a bouncer, a doorman. A huge difference, bouncers are hired muscle, doormen are hired personalities.

TheCroShow
12-10-2005, 06:12 PM
my heart bleeds for your man-crush

dblgutshot
12-10-2005, 06:27 PM
So he kind of scared you, and you don't really like him or his friends...yet you hung with him or around him for 3 years? THis is due to the club you worked, or you hang with him outside of work also?

MrMon
12-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Soon to be "Ripped From The Headlines" on L&O. But of course any resemblence to anyone living or dead will be purely coincidental.

ononimo
12-10-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a lot more to it, I'm not going to share everything with OOT. I hung with or around this guy for 3 or more years, always watching my back because something just wasn't right. I wasn't just some guy who met in in a club, get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, actually, i don't get it ... maybe if you told us more we'd understand the point of the original post, particularly what, if anything, you could have done to change things.

[ QUOTE ]
PS: Not a bouncer, a doorman. A huge difference, bouncers are hired muscle, doormen are hired personalities.

[/ QUOTE ]

the obvious similarity is that both groups tend to have exaggerated notions of their own importance.

12-10-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not read the part about when he held a broken bottle of vodka? He tried to stab the other guy. There is a lot more to it, I'm not going to share everything with OOT. I hung with or around this guy for 3 or more years, always watching my back because something just wasn't right. I wasn't just some guy who met in in a club, get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, I used to hang out with a OJ alot. I washed his golf clubs after he played. BUT I wasnt just some dumb golf club washer he met, we were very close, if only there was something I could have done.....

On a serious note, this sounds like one of those posts that you think was gonna be really good, and then you post it and everyone is like "thats gay". and then you comeback and say well you dont know the whole story, Im not gonna tell OOT everything about my very special relationship with some b rated actor nobody cares about!!

InchoateHand
12-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Did your real account suck so much you had to start posting under your equally laughable gimmick?

Hhahahahah.

You make me happy on the inside.

KaneKungFu123
12-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Many, the OOT population really needs to get laid. You guys are so [censored] cranky. I want to reach into the screen, pull you out of my computer and beat the [censored] out of most of you. As soon as one person makes a snotty remark, you guys pile up. Bored? Go outside and exercise or do something instead of trying to be a prick on an internet message board inbetween your jerk offs.

Great story TT.

InchoateHand
12-10-2005, 06:57 PM
"Many, the OOT population really needs to get laid. You guys are so [censored] cranky. I want to reach into the screen, pull you out of my computer and beat the [censored] out of most of you. As soon as one person makes a snotty remark, you guys pile up. Bored? Go outside and exercise or do something instead of trying to be a prick on an internet message board inbetween your jerk offs. "

I believe you were strangely silent on my offer to kick your ass when I was last in Thailand.

KaneKungFu123
12-10-2005, 07:00 PM
"One day my little sister who wanted to be an actress is going to teh corner store to get some milk...."

KaneKungFu123
12-10-2005, 07:02 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

FYI, you were on my ignore list for a very long time. I took you off for some reason. A big mistake.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Have to agree here. If you didn't like being around him but hung around him, you need to either poop or get off the pot, tell us why or don't. Because that doesn't make sense on its face.

If you wish there was something you could have done, first, why would that thought even come up? If you don't want to tell us, what kind of half-story is this? It doesn't even hold together.

This wasn't one of the better stories out there. It sounds suspiciously like a "I knew a celebrity currently in the news" brag post.

B Dids
12-10-2005, 07:07 PM
I feel like everybody dissing TT in this thread has never read any of his posts ever.

billyjex
12-10-2005, 07:10 PM
that sucks. i liked him in the bronx tale. sounds like he was destined for it.

KaneKungFu123
12-10-2005, 07:11 PM
You guys obviously never been around someone who you knew was going to "lose it" one of these days? What can you do? Probably nothing. I think that is what TT is lamenating here. Either way, this was an interesting read just for the shock value.

[censored]
12-10-2005, 07:12 PM
good post bro

ononimo
12-10-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the shock value.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

by the way, the CNN article states that Brancato wasn't the gunman.

tonypaladino
12-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Everyone needs to relax with the attacks on TT, the guy just found out that someone he used to hang with shot a cop.

ononimo
12-10-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like everybody dissing TT in this thread has never read any of his posts ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think criticizing the original post should be viewed as criticism of the poster himself ... nor should people feel the need to defend the original post simply as a sign of support/friendship for the poster.

KaneKungFu123
12-10-2005, 07:15 PM
for someone so disinterested, why did you read the article? why are you still posting in the thread? Just F.O.

ononimo
12-10-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for someone so disinterested, why did you read the article? why are you still posting in the thread? Just F.O.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have reading comprehension problems? where did i say i was disinterested? to the contrary, the reason i wanted more information was because i WAS interested.

ononimo
12-10-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone needs to relax with the attacks on TT, the guy just found out that someone he used to hang with shot a cop.

[/ QUOTE ]

from CNN article:
"The alleged gunman, Steven Armento of Yonkers, was shot four times and was in serious condition. Brancato, who police said was unarmed, was shot twice and was in critical condition."

12-10-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, Im sure he feels terrible, if only there was something he could have done.....

tonypaladino
12-10-2005, 07:21 PM
That was not there before. If you check the timestamp on the CNN article that was just updated at 6:09 pm. It said when it was first posted that Brancato was being held on suspicion of shooting the cop.

ononimo
12-10-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That was not there before. If you check the timestamp on the CNN article that was just updated at 6:09 pm. It said when it was first posted that Brancato was being held on suspicion of shooting the cop.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough - i can only speak to what the article said at the time that i read it. i have no knowledge of what was or wasn't there before.

KaneKungFu123
12-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Lets just play that C gets through this okay

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/LAW/12/10/cop.shot.ap/vert.brancato.ap.jpg

UCF THAYER
12-10-2005, 08:01 PM
He doesn't have to have shot him to be charged with murder.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know both that that's not true and that it doesn't matter. I think most are criticizing the post, not the poster, nor do they care about his bona fides in the music world etc.

12-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Sorry for my ignorance but what character did he play on the Sopranos?

Klepton
12-10-2005, 08:38 PM
this story is rad.

KDawgCometh
12-10-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and for those of us who have seen you, even imagining you as a bouncer is kind of funny

IN the news story, it said that Brancato was unarmed, so does that mean that if/when he recovers that he will be charged with a cop killing, or will he be just charged with teh breaking&entering

shant
12-10-2005, 08:52 PM
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.

12-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I think the story is good, but I really think movie star is a little misleading. I think guy who acted in movies would be a much better description.

willie
12-10-2005, 08:59 PM
what a jerkoff

how the hell did this guy end up robbing a vacant house- that's smalltime 17 year old [censored]....

stupid tool- he's goin away FOREVER.

thatpfunk
12-10-2005, 09:18 PM
he played matthew bevaloqua? he hung around with christopher (season 2 or 3?) and then shot him for some reason. tony beat the piss out out of him and then killed him.

Lloyd
12-10-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IN the news story, it said that Brancato was unarmed, so does that mean that if/when he recovers that he will be charged with a cop killing, or will he be just charged with teh breaking&entering

[/ QUOTE ]
Barring some truly unusual decision by the DA, he'll be charged with murder under the "felony murder" law. Essentially, if somebody dies while you're committing a felony, even if you didn't directly kill them, you're guilty of murder.

cnfuzzd
12-11-2005, 01:52 AM
TT, somebody like this is going to find trouble, no matter what. Nothing you could have done wouldve altered his path at all.

peace

john nickle

jnalpak
12-11-2005, 09:11 AM
with regards to the majority of you folks responding...you are just ODD when it comes to your forum aggression...

peace in the east,
JNalpak

Luv2DriveTT
12-11-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the shock value.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

by the way, the CNN article states that Brancato wasn't the gunman.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the report first came out they didn't say who the gunman was. Apparently Lillo is in critical condition, the police haven't filed charges yet because he is in such bad shape.

Luv2DriveTT
12-11-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

excelent!

Luv2DriveTT
12-11-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what a jerkoff

how the hell did this guy end up robbing a vacant house- that's smalltime 17 year old [censored]....

stupid tool- he's goin away FOREVER.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was exactly the kind of dumb [censored] Lillo would be capable of doing to fit in with his mobster wanna-be friends. Strangly, its not shocking at all /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Luv2DriveTT
12-11-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
TT, somebody like this is going to find trouble, no matter what. Nothing you could have done wouldve altered his path at all.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I know that, I wasn't talking about altering his path. I was questioning why I didn't notify the precinct when he tried to stab some kid in the club.

PS: for PJN -January /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sublime
12-11-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im not going to diss him, but he gets a pass on a gay post because hes usually cool?

nah

sublime
12-11-2005, 12:02 PM
I was questioning why I didn't notify the precinct

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper420/stills/7s3a1b07.jpg

Sipowicz would have put in fist up his ass for sure!

sublime
12-11-2005, 12:05 PM
That was exactly the kind of dumb [censored] Lillo would be capable of doing to fit in with his mobster wanna-be friends

or feed his herion addiction. maybe he spent too much time with multisanti /images/graemlins/grin.gif

B Dids
12-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Sublime,

I guess I find this post pretty non-gay. I think the vast majority of OOT would have posted the same if somebody they had been in contact with had just shot a cop. Most of their posts would have been like "OMG WTF DOOD I NO SHTO A COP!!!!!"

sublime
12-11-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sublime,

I guess I find this post pretty non-gay. I think the vast majority of OOT would have posted the same if somebody they had been in contact with had just shot a cop. Most of their posts would have been like "OMG WTF DOOD I NO SHTO A COP!!!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i didnt even find the original post gay. the 'i wish i had done something' and ' i cant reveal all the info' follow ups HAD to be attacked though.

jnalpak
12-12-2005, 11:51 AM
quick update on the situation as reported by the reliable NY POST:

Lilo and his accomplice were trying to steal prescription drugs (valium, etc...) from someone who actually died a few weeks earlier and the house was vacant. His friend, reported as "portly" couldnt fit through the window so lilo had to...

anyways, they were confronted by some guy who turned out to be a cop and they shot the cop in the spleen area (he later died) but b/f they could get away the cop shot both. Lilo got shot in the chest twice and his accomplice got hit in the chest and THE PENIS!!! SWEET JUSTICE!

12-12-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Luv2DriveTT
12-12-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sublime,

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i didnt even find the original post gay. the 'i wish i had done something' and ' i cant reveal all the info' follow ups HAD to be attacked though.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MaxPower
12-12-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT is a complicated man. If you have spent any time with him and see how he treats people you would be suprised that he was a doorman at a club. The way people act is often more a result of the role they are playing than a character trait.

That is a sad story, but I don't think TT should feel any remorse. Nobody expects a club doorman to change people's lives.

Actually, that sounds like a TV show. You have a doorman who rejects people from the club, but then he gets involved in their lives and helps them out.

codewarrior
12-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Never heard of him, never seen a single movie listed in IMDB that he was in, and couldn't care less.

Good day.

sublime
12-12-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sublime,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ohh, nothing personal of course. it was just comical is all.

btw, they were discussing this on stern and i kept waiting to hear about the doorman who didnt call the call precinct many dark moons ago, but they didnt /images/graemlins/frown.gif

trying2learn
12-12-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sublime,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, they were discussing this on stern and i kept waiting to hear about the doorman who didnt call the call precinct many dark moons ago, but they didnt /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT'S funny...nice post.

Luv2DriveTT
12-12-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sublime,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fyodor
12-12-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha I first read this as they were discussing this OOT thread on Stern

ChipWrecked
12-13-2005, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Actually, that sounds like a TV show. You have a doorman who rejects people from the club, but then they go crazy and try to cut mofos with broken liquor bottles.

[/ QUOTE ]

samjjones
12-13-2005, 10:51 AM
This guy wasn't a "movie star". He was some wanna be toughguy that Chazz Palmientieri picked up off the street to act in his film. John Nickle is right...there is nothing that could have been done here.

Luv2DriveTT
12-13-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This guy wasn't a "movie star". He was some wanna be toughguy that Chazz Palmientieri picked up off the street to act in his film. John Nickle is right...there is nothing that could have been done here.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, Chaz was a doorman (just like me) at the Limelight in NYC, working for Peter Gatien. Peter introduced Chaz to Deniro who liked the script for A Bronx Tale but wouldn't touch it unless Peter put up the money. Long story short... Peter was the Executive Producer, and paid for the movie to be made before the studio got involved. Now thats a true hollywood story, except it happened in NYC at 19th Street & 6th Avenue.

whiskeytown
12-13-2005, 11:07 PM
I remember leaving a friend's house and going to see "A Bronx Tale" and I still watch it every time it comes on and I still do the "door test" with a new girl since my doors don't unlock automatically -

When I told this to the table, three of them said they liked the movie and did the same thing.

It must really suck as bad as they say it does when you're a kid actor....I'm pretty bummed by it.

RB

colgin
12-15-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, Chaz was a doorman (just like me) at the Limelight in NYC, working for Peter Gatien. Peter introduced Chaz to Deniro who liked the script for A Bronx Tale but wouldn't touch it unless Peter put up the money. Long story short... Peter was the Executive Producer, and paid for the movie to be made before the studio got involved. Now thats a true hollywood story, except it happened in NYC at 19th Street & 6th Avenue.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were a doorman at the Limelight in the '90's. I knew we must have met before last year.

Kurn, son of Mogh
12-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Sopranos, season two. he was Matthew "Drinkwater" Bevilaqua. Tony & Big Pussy whacked him at Hacklebarney State Park after he tried to kill Christopher.