PDA

View Full Version : Hand for your review

JDErickson
07-15-2003, 01:45 PM
PP .50/1.00 full table. I just joined so have no reads on players.

Dealt Th Jh in mid position.
folded to person to my right (also mid position) who raises. I'm in with .50 already so call the raise to 1.00.
2 other callers. 4 to the flop
Flop Tc Jc 3s
Player to my right bets, I raise limpers fold, opponent raises, I call
Heads up on the turn
Turn Jd
Opponent bets, I raise, he raises, I cap, he calls
River Ac
Opponent bets, I call

How was my play on the streets? Results later

Thanx
Jim

MaxPower
07-15-2003, 02:15 PM
I think you played well on all streets. Your opponent didn't play his hand like a flush or straight draw, so he likely has either has AA, AJ or is a total maniac. You still need to call on the river.

Something tells me he had KQ of clubs for the Royal.

Stork
07-15-2003, 02:22 PM
Raise the river! The only hand I can think of that he would have played that way that beats you is AJ, and he probably doesn't have that. So go ahaead and raise, and I guess call a reraise.

haakee
07-15-2003, 03:30 PM
You should be willing to cap it on the river. You will be ahead of the typical PP 0.5-1 player here very often.

ElSapo
07-15-2003, 04:20 PM
Pre-pre-flop: Don't post in MP. Maybe it doesn't make that big of a difference, but it can't be but just a few hands to wait, and then you're not paying two big blinds for two random hands. I try and wait for the BB or post in the CO (though sometimes, yeah, you just want to get in the game).

Pre-flop: I like the raise. Since you've already posted, take control here.

Flop and Turn, I play the same way.

River: I can see the rationale for just calling, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and raise here. You don't get big hands very often, so try and make the most of them. More often than not, you're gonna win this and so you want to win the maximum. He could very easily have 33, or just the bare J. Granted, he may well have JT for a split or AJ for a rivered bigger boat, but I'd still go ahead and put in as much as possible.

El Sapo

JDErickson
07-15-2003, 05:51 PM
Opponent turns over Pocket A's for the A's over J's boat floated on the river /forums/images/icons/frown.gif