PDA

View Full Version : Buying a 50cc Harley Davidson need advice

mushi
12-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Hi all;

I am moving to London soon to be a student and I thought I migh be buying a scooter. Doing a serach in ebay I found this

Harley 50cc (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/midi-harley-chopper-new-and-unused-50cc-no-reserve_W0QQitemZ4596880255QQcategoryZ9805QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/b5/3d/40_2.JPG

Apparetly they are selling a bunch of this in ebay. The thing is it costs as much as a scooter. Notice that the transmission is automatic. My question is to those who know about bikes.

Will this thing drive as well as a normall scooter?
Is the liitle motor (50cc) enogh?
Is it better to buy this or a scooter?

any thoughts?

mushi /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif

diebitter
12-10-2005, 03:37 PM
It's way cooler than a scooter, but it's gonna be significantly more mantainence and running costs, I'd guess.

Are you good with your hands (ie if you need to do the chain or whatever, could you do that?)

rusellmj
12-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Since when does HD make a 50CC?

mushi
12-10-2005, 03:42 PM
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Are you good with your hands (ie if you need to do the chain or whatever, could you do that?) </pre><hr />

I guess I learn fast /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
The thing is i would imagine its the same motor as a scooter no? I mean its an automatic transmission. I would imagine that it would be not much more maintanance than a scooter

But do you think it will have the same spped as a scooter?

mushi /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif

InchoateHand
12-10-2005, 03:54 PM
I think a 75cc scooter is more hardcore than a 50cc Harley Davidson for the same reason as a 33k ultra-lowend Benz is a lot less cool than a fully loaded Altima.

icepick
12-10-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since when does HD make a 50CC?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much since never.

rusty JEDI
12-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Be sure its street legal where you live and not just a novelty item.

rJ

Bluffoon
12-10-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a 75cc scooter is more hardcore than a 50cc Harley Davidson for the same reason as a 33k ultra-lowend Benz is a lot less cool than a fully loaded Altima.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are just going to look silly riding this thing. If I was a biker and I saw you riding this I would follow you wherever you were going and beat you up for sport.

willie
12-10-2005, 04:53 PM
yeah just get a scooter.

that thing is tiny and gay.

the kicker with the little pocket bikes is that they are typically made in some hellhole in korea- therefore finding replacement parts (which you'll need for that lil overpriced piece of garbage) is hard- and expensive.

plus that thing is a novelty item and not street legal- no way.
just get a regular scooter.