PDA

View Full Version : New Trials For Murphy And Tabish

HDPM
07-15-2003, 12:38 PM
Maybe McManus will have to write a sequel. Tabish and Murphy will be retried. R-J Article (http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/Jul-15-Tue-2003/news/21731396.html)

Hearsay statement by Teddy and some unfairly prejudicial evidence got them another chance. The defense will be much better this time around. Won't be easy to get a jury, particularly in Clark County. Bring on the soap opera.

Zeno
07-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Quote from the Review-Journal article:

‘ "This gives us an opportunity to see that justice is done," said Murphy's attorney, Alan Dershowitz.
Like Tabish, Murphy was elated by the ruling, said Murphy family friend Lou Eppolito of Las Vegas.
"She is just ecstatic," said Eppolito, who talked to Murphy by phone.
"She believes in God. ... She said, 'I know he helped this happen,' " Eppolito said. ‘

God is messing things up again. Why can’t he [sic] leave things alone?
A new trial plus God in the mix is a Soap Opera Circus in the making with Justice as the side bar. Right you are HDPM; Let the show begin.

-Zeno

Bill Murphy
07-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Alan Dershowitz. "Inflammatory lesions". Sandy going the God card.

If either walks, can McManus be sued? Will PFS have to be withdrawn and rewritten?

IMO Sandy has an excellent chance of walking. Wonder if she'll give that old millionaire backer a bling-a-ling if she does, before heading to Hollywood?

Hopefully the retrials start next May(assuming Sandy & Rick are still alive then); they'll have over 1500 entrants in the biggie...

HDPM
07-15-2003, 10:27 PM
I doubt he can be sued. Most of the info that hurts them is public anyway. But he did speculate a lot. So maybe. he also got into trouble over a paragraph about Oscar Goodman. So they have to change future editions anyway. Libel suits are hard to win.

No matter how it turns out, I don't think Sandy is the one to take home from prison and have a fling with. And I sure wouldn't buy her handcuffs like Teddy did. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif