PDA

View Full Version : JJ

mojobluesman
12-10-2005, 12:57 PM
First game on the table. Am I supposed to lay this down after he check raised on the flop and then lead out on the turn?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

12-10-2005, 01:01 PM
The problem here is you have no read on your opponent, and notice how the BB checkraised you on the flop once it was just you and him, this means the the probabilty that he has total BS does go up since the pot is now not protected and he may think he can run over you. All that said with no reads you should either fold the flop or call one more and fold the turn.

12-10-2005, 01:02 PM
unknown BB is a jerkwad with aces up. well-played.

12-10-2005, 01:03 PM
i dont think you can call the flop raise then fold the turn.

regardless of his range, 95%+ of the range he checkraises the flop with he is leading the turn with, and you dont have anywhere near the odds to call for your 2 outs (which probably need to be discounted even further for the Jc)

you have represented you have a good hand, most likely an ace, and he doesnt care. this probably puts the majority of his range on 2pair or the flush draw, making you a slim 60% favourite? (depending on how many ocs he has to your jack), or a huge dog, particularly against A8 or A3.

unless you believe you have metagame considerations, or a specific read on the player, i think you can fold to his flop checkraise.

if you arent folding, it needs to be because you think there is a significant amount of the time that you are currently ahead and are planning on calling down UI. for the relative pot size, you are spending 2.5BB, which means you would need to take down the pot a lot.

12-10-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think you can call the flop raise then fold the turn.

regardless of his range, 95%+ of the range he checkraises the flop with he is leading the turn with, and you dont have anywhere near the odds to call for your 2 outs (which probably need to be discounted even further for the Jc)

you have represented you have a good hand, most likely an ace, and he doesnt care. this probably puts the majority of his range on 2pair or the flush draw, making you a slim 60% favourite? (depending on how many ocs he has to your jack), or a huge dog, particularly against A8 or A3.

unless you believe you have metagame considerations, or a specific read on the player, i think you can fold to his flop checkraise.

if you arent folding, it needs to be because you think there is a significant amount of the time that you are currently ahead and are planning on calling down UI. for the relative pot size, you are spending 2.5BB, which means you would need to take down the pot a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that folding the flop is definitely the standard play, but I can see calling one more and then folding the turn for metagame considerations once in a while.

12-10-2005, 01:08 PM
at 6max i would agree with you

mojobluesman
12-10-2005, 01:19 PM
I've been calling the flop in these situations on occasion when I first join a table because it seems to me that when I lay down too much people start taking pot shots at me.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but maybe not. /images/graemlins/confused.gif