PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Absolute problem, I quit.

NateDog
12-10-2005, 12:40 PM
The following is an email I sent off as I haven't been able to open the client since the 5th, and have sent a total of 6 emails about it.I have only recieved 3 from them, none of which give my any idea on how to fix the problem. I can't get to the cashier to get the money out either. I had a similar, but just as frustrating a problem about a year ago. I left for a while then, but tried it again recently. I won't ever play there again.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a reason I sent this to every available address on your website, and posted this to the 2+2 forums. It is as follows:

I sent my original email about ticket [#1535730]and me being completely unable to launch the application on 12/5/05. It is now 12/10/05, and I have not been given an answer on how to launch the program. I beleive you have had adequate time to figure out what happened with your latest upgrade and tell me what to do, but that hasn't happened. I have, however, recieved various emails from various support personnel who very obviously aren't talking to each other. This is very frustrating, and it is not the first time that a technical issue has kept me from accessing your site.

As I cannot open the client to get to the cashier window, please send all funds in my account to the Neteller account that they were deposited from. I would then like you to close my account, and send confirmation to my email address that is associated with the account.

Should you require any additional information, you have my telephone number, as your staff called me the last time this happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll update.

Nate

Uglyowl
12-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Absolute is starting to make me angry as well.

Maybe I am just bitter since I opened an account near the beginning of the sites launch and don't have rakeback, but the bonus requirement increase and the constant disconnects of everyone from tables is driving me insane.

KingMedicine
12-10-2005, 01:26 PM
same thing happened to me about a month ago. i cannot open the client at all. i have no money in there anymore, so i have quit trying to open the client. its a garbage site anyway. good riddance.

minttea
12-10-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I am just bitter since I opened an account near the beginning of the sites launch and don't have rakeback

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be bitter, I opened my account in October and I'm not being tracked yet. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Go absolute!

Khar
12-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Well Absolute seems to have problems in more than one way then. Application runs fine for me but when I try to log in it just closes the application and doesn´t give error message or anything. It all started yesterday for me after the Absolute´s software update.

Absolute´s customer service is nice as long as there is no real problems like the tech issues we are experiencing.I sent email to poker room manager after receiving three "copy-paste" answers from customer service. Let´s see what happens. If anyone else is experiencing the same thing as I do please drop a line here or send pm.

AAAA
12-10-2005, 08:10 PM
send them an email telling them you want to cashout to your neteller on record, and they will almost certainly do it.

You might want to tell them you are going to try to open a new account and see if that helps your login problem.

rivered
12-10-2005, 08:31 PM
I had a problem like that when the site opened. I tried reinstalling but never helped until I changed directories. Even if you uninstall it leaves a few files behind. When you are installing change the directory to absolute poker2 and then see if that fixes the problem. Worked for me. Support is useless.

[ QUOTE ]
The following is an email I sent off as I haven't been able to open the client since the 5th, and have sent a total of 6 emails about it.I have only recieved 3 from them, none of which give my any idea on how to fix the problem. I can't get to the cashier to get the money out either. I had a similar, but just as frustrating a problem about a year ago. I left for a while then, but tried it again recently. I won't ever play there again.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a reason I sent this to every available address on your website, and posted this to the 2+2 forums. It is as follows:

I sent my original email about ticket [#1535730]and me being completely unable to launch the application on 12/5/05. It is now 12/10/05, and I have not been given an answer on how to launch the program. I beleive you have had adequate time to figure out what happened with your latest upgrade and tell me what to do, but that hasn't happened. I have, however, recieved various emails from various support personnel who very obviously aren't talking to each other. This is very frustrating, and it is not the first time that a technical issue has kept me from accessing your site.

As I cannot open the client to get to the cashier window, please send all funds in my account to the Neteller account that they were deposited from. I would then like you to close my account, and send confirmation to my email address that is associated with the account.

Should you require any additional information, you have my telephone number, as your staff called me the last time this happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll update.

Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

SoftcoreRevolt
12-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Absolute improved so much in mid 2005, and now is slowly becoming just another site with tight games and not enough else to offer to make it worthwhile.

NateDog
12-10-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
send them an email telling them you want to cashout to your neteller on record, and they will almost certainly do it.

You might want to tell them you are going to try to open a new account and see if that helps your login problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

The body of my OP is the text of the email I sent. I have unistalled, re-installed, shut off all security features, you name it, I've done it. I still haven't recieved a response. Anyone got Gian Perroni's (the manager) email addy?

cigarzfan
12-11-2005, 11:21 AM
You may have a firewall blocking access. This was a problem I had with interpoker. I went into firewall, granted access to the program, and i was in like Flynn.

NateDog
12-11-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You may have a firewall blocking access. This was a problem I had with interpoker. I went into firewall, granted access to the program, and i was in like Flynn.

[/ QUOTE ]

See my above post where I said I shut everything (security-wise) down and it still didn't work. But thanks anyway.

12-11-2005, 11:53 AM
gian@absolutepoker.com

NateDog
12-13-2005, 10:36 AM
As of this morning 12/13/05, I have not recieved any response from Absolute at all. I do have a read-receipt from the poker room manager Gian Perroni :

[ QUOTE ]
Your message

To: gian@absolutepoker.com
Subject: Can't run poker client[#1535730], supervisor please.]
Sent: 12/11/2005 8:20 PM

was read on 12/11/2005 11:36 PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

but nothing, zero, nada, zip.

Does anyone have a phone # that I can call? I want my money, and there is no easy way for me to get to it.

Nate

WLVRYN
12-13-2005, 10:41 AM
You could also try prm@absolutepoker.com. I think that goes to Richard Frost, Asst Poker Room manager. I had a problem that he worked on for me, and although it took awhile, it was finally fixed. They also have forums, so maybe check there to see if anyone else has posted about a similar problem.

NateDog
12-13-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You could also try prm@absolutepoker.com. I think that goes to Richard Frost, Asst Poker Room manager. I had a problem that he worked on for me, and although it took awhile, it was finally fixed. They also have forums, so maybe check there to see if anyone else has posted about a similar problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

prm@absolutepoker.com was included in my original email sent on 12/10 along with support@absolutepoker.com and promotions@absolutepoker.com.

I have recieved a read reciept from another email I sent to gian perroni this morning

[ QUOTE ]
Your message

To: Gian; support@absolutepoker.com
Subject: Re: Read: Can't run poker client[#1535730], supervisor please.]
Sent: 12/13/2005 6:32 AM

was read on 12/13/2005 6:47 AM.

[/ QUOTE ]

but still no response from anyone.

mattw
12-13-2005, 04:57 PM
i joined AP through PSO. played 30k hands in two months and never received a dime in RB. dont know who's fault it is so im pissed at both.

teamdonkey
12-13-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i joined AP through PSO. played 30k hands in two months and never received a dime in RB. dont know who's fault it is so im pissed at both.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've had to badger PSO every month to get mine. A pain in the ass, but at least i get my money. Have you posted on their forums?

siccjay
12-13-2005, 05:44 PM
I get mine about the middle of every month without a problem.

HRFats
12-13-2005, 05:46 PM
I need a link to a bigger image of your avatar!!

trainslayer
12-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Have you tried logging in from a different computer? Might be worth a try.

billyb
12-13-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait you played 30k hands and didnt feel the need to take it up on with Pso support????

it looks like absolute has probs with thier rakeback tracking from all the problems people have with it.

post on the pso forum they are good about getting it straight.

peace
Billyb

12-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Try This:

-Open Task Manager and under the processes tab, end any items related to AP such as mainclient.exe
-Uninstall AP through the usual Add/Remove Programs Menu
-Go into the Absolute Poker folder under program files and search for any remnant files, such as a mainclient.exe.
-Right Click and delete these files
-Re-install

MyTurn2Raise
12-13-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm having the same probelm. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4179583&an=0&page=0#Post 4179583) Natedog for about 30 hours. I've had to load the client on a friends computer to get the money out. un-install/re-install/deleting all remnants/changing security settings all failing miserably. I cannot even get the program to ever end when I try to get a new version going. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Keep me posted if you succeed.

MyTurn2Raise
12-13-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Try This:

-Open Task Manager and under the processes tab, end any items related to AP such as mainclient.exe
-Go into the Absolute Poker folder under program files and search for any remnant files, such as a mainclient.exe.
-Re-install

[/ QUOTE ]

tried all of this and failed
I cannot stop the AP even through the task manager

NateDog
12-13-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Try This:

-Re-install

[/ QUOTE ]

tried all of this and failed
I cannot stop the AP even through the task manager

[/ QUOTE ]

None of this worked for me either. I called Absolute this morning and recieved a call back this afternoon. The gentleman on the other end of the phone apologized for no one responding to my case. He then said the money had been transferred. I asked for an explanation, he didn't have one. This may be petty and objectionable, but I am boycotting Absolute and will probably link this thread to any thread asking questions about Absolute.

One dissatisfied customer,

Nate

masse75
12-14-2005, 12:40 AM
I'm dumping absolute. Never had rakeback (evidently I didn't have cookies enabled...BS), I'm not fond of 9-max tables, it's too tight, and just not worth it.

MyTurn2Raise
12-14-2005, 07:00 AM
I'm still [censored]....oh well, It was my main site

MyTurn2Raise
12-15-2005, 12:58 AM
it's been awhile...any new thoughts

NateDog
12-15-2005, 01:20 AM
I don't have any. Like I said, I quit playing there. Waiting for my money to hit Neteller. I had made threads in the past about how well I was treated by ther CS. It's gone to [censored]. I do have the direct phone # to some guy there named Rich. I think he must be pretty important, as he was the guy who called me to personally apologize for not handling a damn thing for over a week.

I'm boycotting. Any mod, feel free to change my title to 'Boycotting Absolute'.

Nate

wdcbooks
12-15-2005, 01:26 AM
I pulled all of my money out of Absolute this afternoon. I was constantly being disconnected in the middle of hands. Conincidentally it seemed to always happen just after I hit a set.

I emailed support to at least get my lost bets and blinds returned, but they required hand numbers for each occurrence. I could tell them the table and the exact time, but I didn't have the hand numbers. See, I was booted in the middle of a hand and my table was closed. There was no damn hand to attach a number to. The only way for me to satisfy them was to write down the number of each hand as soon as it was dealt just in case I needed it.

Even if I did get a prompt and apologetic refund I hardly want to spend half my poker time writing emails and tracking down hand histories. What a piece of shite that software is, to think people complain about Party.

MyTurn2Raise
12-15-2005, 04:42 PM
ok...i'm back up sort of
uninstalled
removed all remnant files
restart
downloaded again
reduced my personal firewall settings
installed
started Absolute

it works only when my firewall settings are reduced to low/minimal....ugh

mosquito
12-15-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I emailed support to at least get my lost bets and blinds returned, but they required hand numbers for each occurrence. I could tell them the table and the exact time, but I didn't have the hand numbers. See, I was booted in the middle of a hand and my table was closed. There was no damn hand to attach a number to. The only way for me to satisfy them was to write down the number of each hand as soon as it was dealt just in case I needed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you were clever enough to have the HH's written to the hard drive, as most of us do, you would be able to either give them the hand in question, or the one just before it (worst case). No big deal, takes less time than to bitch in this thread.

wdcbooks
12-15-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you were clever enough to have the HH's written to the hard drive, as most of us do, you would be able to either give them the hand in question, or the one just before it (worst case). No big deal, takes less time than to bitch in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I play poker, get booted every half hour, dig through my hard drive, write an email, log back in, fire up PT. Rinse, lather repeat every few minutes and you don't think it's a big deal. I call it a monumental pain in the ass. Each time to recover my $5 blind.

If this is your expectation of customer service and software performce I could introduce you to the fifty other sites who don't have this problem. Could be lifechanging for you.

mosquito
12-16-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I play poker, get booted every half hour, dig through my hard drive, write an email, log back in, fire up PT. Rinse, lather repeat every few minutes and you don't think it's a big deal. I call it a monumental pain in the ass. Each time to recover my $5 blind.

If this is your expectation of customer service and software performce I could introduce you to the fifty other sites who don't have this problem. Could be lifechanging for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have youre problems, and I play other sites as well.

My post was about a single point, which you handled poorly.(excuse for not knowing tables/hand numbers).