PDA

View Full Version : Curtains Hand #4 (Degen)

Degen
12-10-2005, 06:23 AM
SB was quite loose and pretty much of a donkey. He showed several hands that were uncalled (further adding to the donk theory).

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

SB (t5175)
Hero (t830)
UTG (t850)
MP (t1500)
CO (t855)
Button (t790)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t100</font>, Hero calls t50.

Flop: (t200) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t900</font>, Hero ???

Jman28
12-10-2005, 07:00 AM
Looks like A7o enough of the time here to call.

Scuba Chuck
12-10-2005, 07:04 AM
SB has a nice stack for this stage of the tourney. He MUST be a donkey.

jaydoggie
12-10-2005, 07:21 AM
maybe im a coward, but i never like my chances with an ugly pair no draw for an allin on a small pot :/

bennies
12-10-2005, 07:21 AM
My gut reaction was to fold. But with both the straight and flush draws out there, I agree with the others in calling.

Custer
12-10-2005, 07:39 AM
I think if you're gonna call PF, you have to make this call on the flop. I guess. I don't really like it. You're either behind or he has at least 6 outs. That's why I would have folded PF against a player like this who won't play extremely straightfowardly post flop.

moses

Degen
12-10-2005, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think if you're gonna call PF, you have to make this call on the flop. I guess. I don't really like it. You're either behind or he has at least 6 outs. That's why I would have folded PF against a player like this who won't play extremely straightfowardly post flop.

moses

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the call PF against a guy like this. The implied odds are there for sure.

Custer
12-10-2005, 07:46 AM
Yeah, maybe you're right. The more I think about maybe its not a bad PF call, even if you fold every time you don't flop a Q or better. But I wouldn't have called in this spot. And as I am about to play a session, I don't plan to call in this spot going forward. So I guess that's how I really feel. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

moses

12-10-2005, 12:59 PM
He could be bluffing, but I wont consider it a good spot. If it is the kind of player who doesn't play postflop he could be pushing a small/medium pp, A high or a A5. they don't want to make a decision when a scarry card hits. I hate to make them right if I call and I'm beat.

You didn't play Q4 to spike a four or a Q with no kicker. You gave it a shot, it was cheap to do so. You want to go against those players with some kind of value, you know you'll be payed off.

12-10-2005, 01:20 PM
What kind of donkey is this guy? the kind that check/call down middle pair, or the kind that push allin with 9 high on the flop?

microbet
12-10-2005, 02:07 PM
It's hard to tell not being in the game, but when you are in a game often times with a very loose player with a huge stack you are close to 100% certain he's going to make that bet on the flop with any two. Actually, often the only hands he won't do it with are good ones.

If villian is like that, I can't see calling preflop without planning to call the flop if you catch any piece.

Paul Thomson
12-10-2005, 02:56 PM
I fold. I don't think he over bets the pot with a draw. But he does over bet the pot with a 5 or an over pair.

All of the other opponents but one have the same stack size as you. Therefore, ther is no reason that you have to make a move with this hand to get back into the tournament.

They'll be ample time to outplay this opponent later. Wait for a better opportunity.

12-10-2005, 04:16 PM
I agree with Paul. And there is no point on catching a bluff now, if he's bluffing or think his ace high is best, let him think that way. It is not in your interest to keep him honest now. You can make a sacrifice to give some info to the other players at table, they'll appreciate.

He will be a good target to double up later.

curtains
12-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Maybe I should have called, I don't know. Im pretty sure I let my timebank run for this one, and started talking to my opponent, asking what they had. For some reason I decided to fold in the end...as although the guy was crazy I didn't remember seeing him make any large allins like this. However upon reflection he was a bit nuts, and calling was PROBABLY +ev. I mean I called the guy with Queen high, I can't call with 2nd pair!

Degen
12-11-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should have called, I don't know. Im pretty sure I let my timebank run for this one, and started talking to my opponent, asking what they had. For some reason I decided to fold in the end...as although the guy was crazy I didn't remember seeing him make any large allins like this. However upon reflection he was a bit nuts, and calling was PROBABLY +ev. I mean I called the guy with Queen high, I can't call with 2nd pair!

[/ QUOTE ]

you did indeed use the time bank and chat with him long enough for him to show you his 77. I still think there is a stong case for a call there.

curtains
12-11-2005, 03:47 AM
I didnt notice that he showed. My instincts win again!

golfcchs
12-11-2005, 05:17 AM
Am I missing something here, because I thingk this is an very easy fold. If he only has 2 overs you win about 60-65% of the time. But he could easily have over pair, or a flush draw and overs. Not to mention the random pair of 5's or strait draw.

Degen
12-11-2005, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing something here, because I thingk this is an very easy fold. If he only has 2 overs you win about 60-65% of the time. But he could easily have over pair, or a flush draw and overs. Not to mention the random pair of 5's or strait draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree that its an easy fold, i chose to hide curtains' decision for that reason...the other hands i posted everybody was mostly in the 'duh, thats an easy decision' camp...and with this one there was much more debate on it

willie
12-11-2005, 09:19 AM
turbo mucks.

66-aa
suited facecards

i don't think this is the spot to stick it to the guy.

12-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Fold. Calling seems bad to me, mainly because we are getting very poor pot odds, plus the fact that even if he is bluffing we still lose 1 time in 3 or so.

Maulik
12-11-2005, 01:35 PM
donk or I not I don't have the cahoonas to call here. I feel as though I'm risking waaay too much for so little.

I'd be far more inclined w/ a backdoor heart re-draw. Is that terrible?