PDA

View Full Version : QTo Hand

Lost Wages
07-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Party 2/4. Loose and passive.

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, MP limps, I limp in the CO with Q/forums/images/icons/spade.gifT /forums/images/icons/club.gif , button limps, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop [T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif,9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif,3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif]

Blinds check, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, MP calls, I raise, button calls, SB folds, rest call.

Turn [6/forums/images/icons/spade.gif ][T/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif,9/forums/images/icons/spade.gif,3/forums/images/icons/heart.gif]

Checked to me, I bet, button raises, BB cold calls, folded to MP who cold calls, I call.

River [Q/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif][6/forums/images/icons/spade.gif,T/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif,9/forums/images/icons/spade.gif,3/forums/images/icons/heart.gif]

Checked to button who bets. Only I call.

Let me have it.
Results later.

Lost Wages

rkiray
07-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Looks like you may have gotten lucky this time (maybe not, someone may have JK), but I don't play QTo in multi-way pots. When you do this, you are the one giving the implied odds, and it's an easy hand to get trapped with.

Ed Miller
07-15-2003, 04:56 PM
You should fold QTo in that spot preflop. You have to play it pretty damn well to show a profit with it there... and frankly, you played it not-very-well in this hand. I basically always fold it in that spot preflop.

That's an ok, but not great flop for you. I'm not at all thrilled about my hand when there is a bet and two calls to me. I don't really know what the best play is there... I guess to raise, but it's relatively close.

On the turn, button has you beaten for sure... either by 87 or by a slowplay on the flop. The best you can hope for is 96, 93, or 63 which are relatively unlikely. I would probably just muck to the turn raise... but geez, you are getting 15-1 and a Q or T might be good. Still, I think you should muck... you are probably drawing dead here >50% of the time.

Obviously you call on the river for one more bet.

Ed Miller
07-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Looks like you may have gotten lucky this time (maybe not, someone may have JK)

I don't think KJ is a very logical read...

Lost Wages
07-16-2003, 08:54 AM
majorkong,

Thanks for the input, your read was right on. One of the reasons I posted this hand was to get some feedback on QTo which I play routinely in LP for a single bet, but which lately I have considered dropping. After rereading HEPFAP I think this is a clear preflop fold against a large field.

On the flop I felt like it was a raise or fold situation and the pot was fairly large so I chose to raise.

On the turn when I bet and the button rasied I figured either the 6 helped him which most likely meant a straight. Or he had slowplayed the flop with 2 pair or a set. Calling seemed like a bad play at the time and I guess it was.

On the river I had to call and hope to beat a lesser 2 pair.

Anyway, the button had 87o for the turned straight and I was drawing dead /forums/images/icons/frown.gif .

Lost Wages

07-16-2003, 09:13 AM
And you lost to someone with loose limping standards. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Better luck next time.

bernie
07-16-2003, 10:07 AM
remember you have to consider he's raising a flop raiser that is betting into him. youve shown alot of power at this time, and he's raising on a big street.

b

Lost Wages
07-16-2003, 10:29 AM
remember you have to consider he's raising a flop raiser that is betting into him. youve shown alot of power at this time, and he's raising on a big street.

Yea, that makes it worse. I guess the question is how likely is it that he has 2 pair since I have way more than good enough odds to draw against 2 pair. Not likely that he turned two pair and most players wouldn't slowplay on the flop with so many players already in.

Thanks for the comments,
Lost Wages

Louie Landale
07-16-2003, 07:05 PM
QT PF is questionable but not because of the other players; it would be because SPECIFIC other players are almost sure to have you beat when they call. If the tight wad calls early its almost always with a good Q or good J; then toss it.

Otherwise it looks pretty routine. Except the river.

You can check the river if button is almost sure to be whatever he's got. But if he DOES have a straight he ISN'T going to raise if you bet since you can easily have made a bigger straight. So you should tend to bet into normal players in order to get a bet in when his hand is "too weak" to bet for value. You should also bet if you can confidently fold to a raise.

- Louie