PDA

View Full Version : 99 trips on a monotone flop

12-10-2005, 03:32 AM
Pacific $5/$10 10 handed, I've been playing the table for a while. I'm like 30/15 over 60 hands, so they might see me as a bit laggy.

MP3 is 50/14/.5/43 over around 80 hands
SB is like 60/20/.8/38 at this point but only over around 20 hands, and he hasn't coldcalled yet.
BB is 40/6/1.26/35 over a few hundred hands, but most of those were from $3/$6 if that means anything. He knows I'm a TAG

Hero Dealt black 9's 2 off the button.

PREFLOP:
folded to MP3 who raises, hero 3-bets, SB calls, BB calls

I didn't expect the coldcalls. O well.

FLOP: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif10/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 people 12 SB)
checked to Hero who bets, everyone calls

TURN: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 people 8 BB)
BB bets, MP3 fold, hero raises?, SB calls, BB calls

RIVER: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 people 17 BB)
BB bets

Anyone play it differently? I think BB donks a lot of hands i beat, and I have lots of outs. I might even fold a small heart in the SB.

Call on the river, fold for one more if its raised?

xwillience
12-10-2005, 03:57 AM
in all honesty im not raising this turn, you have a lot of outs but their are two people too act behind you who are not going to fold a heart, it sucks but im calling this down after the flop, tho i like your flop bet. and yes if i call on the river and its raised i will probably muck it, two many draws came through and its just like BB to wait to the turn to bet a flush

12-10-2005, 04:03 AM
dude you have to raise this river. its obvious villain has a made hand and doesnt want to give you a free card for the flush draw. Dont fold the river ever, call the 3 bet bet or cap if you are feeling lucky. I dont like your pf play. 3 betting 99 is a donkey play. Any hand like QT has 6 outs against you so I dont think its 3 bet worthy. Also, why wouldnt you wait until you know another heart wont come on the turn to bet the flop.

12-10-2005, 04:21 AM
one folded before i acted, the other one is loose and might be playing a very small heart

12-10-2005, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dude you have to raise this river. its obvious villain has a made hand and doesnt want to give you a free card for the flush draw. Dont fold the river ever, call the 3 bet bet or cap if you are feeling lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure i'm ahead enough to raise, especially becasue I can go for the overcall.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like your pf play. 3 betting 99 is a donkey play. Any hand like QT has 6 outs against you so I dont think its 3 bet worthy. Also, why wouldnt you wait until you know another heart wont come on the turn to bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Q10 has 6 outs but doesn't know it has 6 outs. It will fold a lot of flops it doesn't hit fearing domination. 99 also wins against overcards over half the time.

I bet the flop becasue a) I often have the best hand b) it might fold a small heart c) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif might raise and knock people out d)2-pair might raise and knock people out and d) there are a lot of gutshots that will fold for one bet w/o the heart draw.

Harv72b
12-10-2005, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dude you have to raise this river. its obvious villain has a made hand and doesnt want to give you a free card for the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm just as apt to put him on an 8 for the turned straight, and still not sure if Hero has a flush or not. I think this is a river call, and hope that SB overcalls with a worse hand.

EDIT: Oh, and 3-betting 99 vs. an openraise from MP3 should be a standard move in your arsenal. It doesn't matter that MP3 has overcards to your pair most of the time--the point is to prevent the players behind you, some of whom might have other overcards, from entering the pot. And it's also nice if MP3 cooperatively check/folds the flop when his overcards miss.

Never, ever ever, coldcall second in from LP with a pocket pair. If you're gonna see the flop, make it 3.