PDA

View Full Version : more aggression needed??

12-10-2005, 03:19 AM
Only sort of read I had was that the guy that kept betting the whole way was around 25/12/2.5, others I did not know much about. Where should I have put in another raise? Or should I?

Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (14.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (18.70 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 21.70 BB

toss
12-10-2005, 03:33 AM
I think you did everything right except for not capping Preflop. I thought you should cap the flop at first, but then I notice UTG wasn't the one who 3-bet Preflop. It smells more like a set to me.

TripleH68
12-10-2005, 03:36 AM
Cap it preflop.

Flop looks pretty tame so I'd be worried about the bet/3-bet from UTG.
If I was going to raise it again anywhere it would be capping the flop, then call down. But I think you did fine flop on.

xwillience
12-10-2005, 03:46 AM
I dont like capping AK preflop, also if your going to call the flop, i would consider raising the turn, if you get reraised on the turn you can safely muck it but the point of not capping the flop would be to wait till the turn to put in a raise. If you had capped the flop and UTG lead the turn you could also probably safely muck it.

TripleH68
12-10-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont like capping AK preflop...

[/ QUOTE ]

You should especially 4 handed.

xwillience
12-10-2005, 04:28 AM
but its 10 handed... originally. Just because there are 4 people in the hand when its back to you doesnt mean you should treat this like a Short handed game.

12-10-2005, 04:31 AM
Cap pre-flop.

12-10-2005, 04:34 AM
Does anybody have a link to a converter that works GOOD?? It should read as UTG raising, UTG+1 calls, Hero 3-bets, and CO caps it pre-flop. Flop-river is correct though. I'd definitely cap this 4-way if given the chance, maybe not unsuited, either way is +/- very little IMO, but not applicable to the hand either way.

CptnNemo
12-10-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm confused as to why more of you arn't suggesting a raise on the turn. Although reads arn't listed in the post..do you really think UTG is the is 3-betting the flop with A9, A7? I don't so, I'm throwing those possibilities out.

I feel as if he's holding one of two things 1) AK (or AQ) 2) Pocket nines. I believe it would have been best to cap preflop and then just call the turn and river as you did. But this player is at least slightly loose at (25% VP$IP), so I'd be apt to raise the turn.

I'm new at this however...my post might not count for much. Why is this the best/not the best thing to do?

12-10-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody have a link to a converter that works GOOD?? It should read as UTG raising, UTG+1 calls, Hero 3-bets, and CO caps it pre-flop. Flop-river is correct though. I'd definitely cap this 4-way if given the chance, maybe not unsuited, either way is +/- very little IMO, but not applicable to the hand either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

His PFR is regular amount, his aggression is high. I would guess he could hold a hand like AK / AQ and perhaps KK / 99?

If we look at his hand range for raising UTG, only AA and 99 beat you. I don't know if he would raise A9?

I think calling here and raising the flop seems fine. I seem to think you could have put another raise in somewhere, the pot is HUGE due to the pfr action so even protecting against someone with a small amount of outs is good.

True