PDA

View Full Version : I see donkeys

12-10-2005, 01:54 AM
party 15

you know how sometimes everyone just decides to go nucking futs and there's five players just ramming and jamming preflop and it almost seems like everyone is just completely spewing/fcking around? and the pot ends up getting taken down by top pair and it's like 30 BB's?

i dont know if this limit hold'em phenomenon has a name or not, but i'm thinking about calling it "da-donkadonk"

I raise UTG KQ /images/graemlins/club.gif's

UTG+1 calls

MP calls

Button Raises

SB raises

BB caps

I call

UTG+1 calls

MP calls

So now i'm basically pot commited if I flop, like, anything.

And so is everybody else.

Flop

J 10 4 rb

SB checks (figures)

BB bets, I call

UTG+1 raises, MP calls, Button 3-bets, SB now CAPS, BB calls, I call everyone else calls.

Turn

A

SB checks, BB checks, I check (with every intention to check raise, obviously)and the damn thing checks around.

NO bets on the TURN.

Yay.

River

SB bets, BB calls, I call???? UTG+1 folds, MP raises, button three bets, SB caps, BB calls, I call, three guys waiting to get on this table call from the rail.

What does SB have here????

Thoughts on the buttons hand???

Anyone ever fold broadway here???

Anyone else ever noticed this phenomenon?

Tex

CardSharpCook
12-10-2005, 02:12 AM
Did you go into the Hall of Mirrors at the fair again?

ep510
12-10-2005, 02:15 AM
Easy call on river. Lose less when behind, gain more when ahead.

Looks like SB flopped set with JJ or TT (maybe has KQs?). Prob checked turn looking to check raise again.

Button's play seems inconsistent with most hands. Best one that fits I think is AK or AQ and he's afraid of getting check raised by SB on turn?

And yes, I see this crap all the time. Usually happens when all the fish come out to play. Have fun /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CardSharpCook
12-10-2005, 02:18 AM
betting the turn is advisable. Often the flop goes wild as players can juice draws or try to secure free cards, but then the turn and river will only see one bet. However, your line is ok. As for the river, dude, you gotta raise the first time around. By the time it gets back to you, you can be sure taht someone has a boat, but not sure enough given your table read to fold the nut str8. PAY THE MAN!!!

Edit: Tex, I'd really appreciate it if you would type your HHs in a more consise form. for instance:

Turn:A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB check, BB checks, I check?, everyone checks.

At this point I am thinking....

River: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
blah,blah

I am thinking....

No big deal, it just makes it easier to read. Thank you.

Fianchetto
12-10-2005, 02:20 AM
I love these kind of games.

Turn, I definitely bet. SB put in the last bet on the flop, then checks when an ace falls. There is no guarantee they will bet this turn for you. By betting you also give yourself a chance to 3-bet if someone raises.

I don't know what the hell they have, I think we'd have a better idea of it though after some turn action if you had bet. I can't see MP or button checking through a set on the turn.

SB is a concern, he could have AA/JJ. I might fold the river here when it is 3 more bets to you unless I'm up against a couple nut cases. If they are nutty then you call and pray.

lil feller
12-10-2005, 02:47 AM
This happens alot, especially preflop.

Bet/3bet the turn, they obviously suck so they're call with whatever, but that turn will stop a lot of people from betting.

Given no turn action and how goofy they all seem, i'm not folding this river, like ever.

lf