PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mods - wft?

Lestat
12-10-2005, 01:43 AM
Who's idea was it to censor the word [censored]? I can see censoring [censored], and [censored], but to censor [censored] is just plain ridiculous!

And wow! I just found out I can say piss, but not [censored]?

Claunchy
12-10-2005, 01:44 AM

diebitter
12-10-2005, 01:57 AM
Oh come on, Lestat! I like your work in SMP (hell, you're the only one I'd recognise from there), but this is just begging for splattage.

Anyway, come join us in OOT. You're wasted in SMP.

All together...
"Gobble Gobble, Gobble Gobble, One of Us, One of Us!"

tonypaladino
12-10-2005, 02:01 AM
I found a word that shouldn't have been [censored], so I PM'd a mod about it and they fixed it. Why not try that or use the "Forum Suggestions" forum instead of wasting space with a pointless post that makes no sence.

Edited to Add: *

Lestat
12-10-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I found a word that shouldn't have been [censored], so I PM'd a mod about it and they fixed it. Why not try that or use the "Forum Suggestions" forum instead of wasting space with a pointless post that makes no sence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only browsed OOT a couple of times. I thought the whole purpose of this forum was to TRY and WASTE space! I apologize, my mistake.

Lestat
12-10-2005, 02:08 AM
I didn't think to PM a moderator and there is no other topic it fit into. I found out while reading smp that h.o.m.o sapien was censored. I just think that's pretty lame.

Lestat
12-10-2005, 02:11 AM
I'll help ya out. I just read the forum faq and found out what * means.

The faq also stated that anyone who announces they are leaving OOT MUST leave.. So here goes.

I'M LEAVING!!! b'bye now.

diebitter
12-10-2005, 02:14 AM
Welll... he's good in SMP, but he sucked in OOT.

Ahhh, I never liked SMP anyways. They get all picky when you answer philosophical questions in a pirate voice.

Deep thinkers my ass!

MrWookie47
12-10-2005, 02:17 AM
Avast! Whar be ye Socratic method now, me hearty?

Blarg
12-10-2005, 02:18 AM
This was a weird thread. I feel like I'm supposed to be wracked with regret or something, but I can't manage it.

tonypaladino
12-10-2005, 02:18 AM
mmmm I had sausage & peperoni pizza for dinner

diebitter
12-10-2005, 02:21 AM
I remembered someone going on about recruiting decent posters from other forums, and was suprised to see Lestat here, so thought I'd encourage him a little.

Or something like that, I wasn't really paying attention.

B Dids
12-10-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol-ed.

Bigdaddydvo
12-10-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I remembered someone going on about recruiting decent posters from other forums, and was suprised to see Lestat here, so thought I'd encourage him a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vouch that Lestat does great work over in SMP...which is why he needs a pass on this one. Sometimes you get guys who post competently in other forums come here and think "hey, lets start a thread about how much everyone would like to bang Britney Spears" without having full understandings of proper OOTiquet (is that a word?) I think Lestat would do a great job here if given the opportunity to get acquainted with what's a GO or NO GO in OOT.

Woolygimp
12-10-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

diebitter
12-10-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yah, they hate this sort of thing. They're so shallow.

EDIT: I'm hoping for a discussion of time and language tenses comes up there sometime, as pirate is only present tense, and I want to put a case that you can actually communicate perfectly well everything you need in just 'pirate'. And do it in 'pirate'.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 02:58 AM
Pirate is 50% ARRRR, but that's as good a response to the world as any.

Lestat
12-10-2005, 03:47 AM
Hey I'm not banned yet!

Thanks for the words Biddaddydvo. I kinda thought you were at odds with most of my stuff on SMP.

I was genuinely curious (and a little pissed), why h.o.m.o sapien would be banned on 2+2. No doubt it was because of immature use by some OOT people. I doubt it was from overuse in the high stakes or SMP forum.

I enjoy the occasion hot pics posted on here, but have little use for anything else and doubt I could contibute much. I don't need to learn any new pick up lines, I don't have problems with cockroaches in my bedroom, and I almost never play video games. I think I'll live without OOT. See ya elsewhere.

LAGmaniac
12-10-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I vouch that Lestat does great work over in SMP...which is why he needs a pass on this one. Sometimes you get guys who post competently in other forums come here and think "hey, lets start a thread about how much everyone would like to bang Britney Spears" without having full understandings of proper OOTiquet (is that a word?) I think Lestat would do a great job here if given the opportunity to get acquainted with what's a GO or NO GO in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's also an excellent poster in High Stakes Limit Poker. I think it would be a little harsh and unnecessary to give him a * for one marginal thread in OOT.

diebitter
12-10-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
.. See ya elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you made your point. GTFOH!

pokerdirty
12-10-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People take this forum WAAAAAAAYYY too seriously.