Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to curtains [ 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
4 folds
Seat 5 calls [15].
3 folds
curtains calls [5].
Seat 10 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
curtains checks.
Seat 10 checks.
Seat 5 bets [25].
curtains raises [80].
Seat 10 folds.
Seat 5 raises [225].
curtains is all-In [905]
Seat 5 folds.
curtains does not show cards.
curtains wins 1280 chips

Edit: In fairness to splash, this post's orginal title contained some tounge-in-cheak teacher/student verbage

PartySNGer
12-10-2005, 01:25 AM
I think it's too fast. If the board were K65, I would play it like this, but since you have top 2 you're in better shape. I'd call his raise, then bet out on any scary turn card, but check any relatively safe card intending to c/r all in.

splashpot
12-10-2005, 01:27 AM
You're teaching the 215s? I thought you played the 27s?
I think this hand is fine BTW. But I don't play anywhere close to the 215s.

12-10-2005, 01:31 AM
curtains teachers (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4145510&an=0&page=1#Post 4145510) <-- read that splash

splashpot
12-10-2005, 01:32 AM
Oh yea. Forgot about that.

gumpzilla
12-10-2005, 01:38 AM
Eh, I think it's fine. The 3-bet is relatively unusual from people who are going to back down. I also can't see that if that bet gets called that curtains is going to get too much more action. What continues to pay him while losing that isn't calling the push? At best, I think maybe some kind of small river bet can get called.

GtrHtr
12-10-2005, 01:54 AM
He sees alot of action in front of him, he's pretty sure he has the best hand.... standard, nh curtains

curtains
12-10-2005, 04:21 AM
I fastplay almost everything. I rarely slowplay out of position in a spot like this. The main question for me was whether to bet out or to check raise. I usually bet out in such spots, and checked simply to mix it up.

I feel like there are very good chances of my allin being called on the flop, given the 3 bet, and if they are not going to call on the flop, there is no guarantee they will just blnidly put their money in on the turn/river if I flat call (although there is a decent chance of this happening).

ilya
12-10-2005, 04:32 AM
I like curtains' line.

I like the check cos the LP limper could have lots of hands like QJ or A6s which would give up to a bet in this small pot, but might well take a stab if he checks. Once the LP limper 3-bets, I like pushing cos any line curtains takes is gonna look strong at that point, so he just has to hope that LP can call. I can't think of any hands, really, which would fold after 3-betting on the flop, yet call a big bet on a later street without having caught up to a better hand than curtains' 2pair. Pushing on the flop also has a better chance of looking like a draw; finally, it protects his action from ugly turns like Ace or a 5.

The only downside I can see to checking in this spot vs. betting right out is that if the LP limper has a hand like 77, he might raise a lead, but is unlikely to call a check-raise. But if he's agressive enough to raise with an underpair to the flop in this small pot, he likely would have open-raised preflop with the same smallish/medium pair.

bennies
12-10-2005, 05:52 AM
Without reads I like this flop play. Giving away two free cards don't seem appealing. However, if I have noted agression from the villain before, I like the flat calling hoping to induce a turn bet.

curtains
12-10-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Without reads I like this flop play. Giving away two free cards don't seem appealing. However, if I have noted agression from the villain before, I like the flat calling hoping to induce a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew zero about the opponent. Usually I don't know much about them early in the tournament, but have a pretty good feel when it gets down to the final 4-5.

Degen
12-10-2005, 06:36 AM
no way, i probably bet the flop out, if not then thats exactly how i'd play it

KQ can call me all day if they want-sometimes you'll see 44 but this is a great great play

12-10-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and checked simply to mix it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mix it up for your own benefit? Or do you play the same opponents enough to mix up your play for deception? I wonder this sometimes but I can't see mixing my play up at my low levels to do any good for me.

I think the STT are too short to benefit even if you are late in the tourny. i.e. situations just so different than the beginning.

curtains
12-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Honestly I mix it up almost randomly in spots like this...I dont think the difference between betting out and check raising is very large at all (Bascially I have no idea which is better, depends on too many factors), so I just kind of do whatever I feel like doing. Very professional I know...