PDA

View Full Version : Let's rationalize our absurd standards for girls

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:02 AM
Of all the stupidity that floats around this site, I think the retardedly right-skewed ratings of girls' pictures is the most annoying. I know this has been addressed before, but never in its own thread.

Do you guys get some sort of pleasure out of posting that you don't think girls are hot? Do you think that makes people like you more? It sort of reminds me of the weird high shool-style mentality that thinks acting completely disinterested in girls is a good way to get them to like you.

I think we should institute a new rule in this forum. If you make an outlandish statement saying that any girl that is extremely hot (at the discretion of the mods/general public) is "ugly", "disgusting", "looks like a transvestite" or really anything implying that you would not sleep with them you should be forced to post a picture of your significant other (or last SO if you don't currently have one). Failing to do so should result in punishment (one day ban, asterisk/star from Astroglide, whatever).

Based on the Victoria's Secret thread, here are the people that need to start posting some pictures:

Slow Play Ray
jakethebake
egocidal
J-Lo
GoCubsGo
Bullet_Dodger

B Dids
12-10-2005, 01:03 AM
I support this course of action!

kyro
12-10-2005, 01:05 AM
1. I'm pretty sure Jihad did a thread on this yesterday. So you're a little late.

2. That chick DID look like a transvestite. A transvestite in sexy lingerie I might add.

miajag81
12-10-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I support this course of action!

[/ QUOTE ]

IggyWH
12-10-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you make an outlandish statement saying that any girl that is extremely hot (at the discretion of the mods/general public) is "ugly", "disgusting", "looks like a transvestite" or really anything implying that you would not sleep with them

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's your main problem. You're reading someone giving an opinion which they're usually comparing with what they consider a 10. While people said things in the VS thread, no one said they wouldn't bang her (at least I didn't see it said). Being overly critical is completely different from saying you wouldn't hit it.

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. I'm pretty sure Jihad did a thread on this yesterday. So you're a little late.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't read his posts. If he said the same thing we can let this one die or a mod can kill it. If he merely pointed out that people are stupid about girls I don't think that's the same thing. I'm talking about punishing those bastards!

diebitter
12-10-2005, 01:07 AM
I used to annoy me - just the whole idea of 'rating' annoys me anyway - but I've grown to love it and laugh at it.

I will enjoy your efforts to get OOT to change its ways though. What's the name of that king that tried to order the tide not to come in?

dblgutshot
12-10-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know this has been addressed before, but never in its own thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it has (sometime last month), though I never read it because the same thing happens on many other forums. I think it's because by saying something like that, they are trying to imply that they themselves are hot [censored].

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you make an outlandish statement saying that any girl that is extremely hot (at the discretion of the mods/general public) is "ugly", "disgusting", "looks like a transvestite" or really anything implying that you would not sleep with them

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's your main problem. You're reading someone giving an opinion which they're usually comparing with what they consider a 10. While people said things in the VS thread, no one said they wouldn't bang her (at least I didn't see it said). Being overly critical is completely different from saying you wouldn't hit it.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the guy that said she looks like a transvestite does bang transvestites then I will make sure his name comes off the list. Likewise for the people that posted images of Predator and the paper bag.

fyodor
12-10-2005, 01:10 AM
As I posted in another thread I think the ad for The Producers (the big cutout thing in theatres) makes Uma Thurman look like a transvestite. She has a nice body but that face is something else.

Someone posted in the 'girls that are sexy but ugly' thread he thought Uma and that one from Sex and the City fit that category. I too think they both have ugly faces.

Do I need to post pics? If so I refuse. What are you gonna do about it?

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know this has been addressed before, but never in its own thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it has (sometime last month), though I never read it

[/ QUOTE ]
Then I think I'll wait for someone else to confirm it's a repeat thread. Can someone at least give me a link?

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's because by saying something like that, they are trying to imply that they themselves are hot [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I:
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that makes people like you more? It sort of reminds me of the weird high shool-style mentality that thinks acting completely disinterested in girls is a good way to get them to like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

craig r
12-10-2005, 01:13 AM
Here is the problem with this Evan: How many people would have to show pictures from this (NSFW) (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=exchange&Number=4147396&S earchpage=1&Main=4146987&Words=+craig&topic=&Searc h=true#Post4147396)? (top post)

craig

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As I posted in another thread I think the ad for The Producers (the big cutout thing in theatres) makes Uma Thurman look like a transvestite. She has a nice body but that face is something else.

Someone posted in the 'girls that are sexy but ugly' thread he thought Uma and that one from Sex and the City fit that category. I too think they both have ugly faces.

Do I need to post pics? If so I refuse. What are you gonna do about it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think Uma Thurman has an attractive face, so you don't need to. Had you needed to and this plan was accepted by the powers that be in OOT I would do nothing about it. Those in charge would follow the established guidelines, possibly a one day ban.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 01:15 AM
LOL this post could have written by jason_t about an Alizee disser.

But I agree, the put-downs of hot girls on OOT has always been ridiculous.

I will actually address the subject in the title, though.

Why do I sometimes rationalize standards for girls that I can't meet myself?

I'm only human, next question.

Actually, I'm kidding. There's a difference between desires and standards. I like a 10 as much as anyone, but that doesn't mean I actually think an 8 or a 7 doesn't meet my standards.

I think once you get past ugly or plain, you start getting into things that are hard to measure and depend a lot on personal taste, too. I'm not into fat chicks, for instance, but I've seen some fat chicks that made me wish I were. We're more or less forgiving depending on what we like, and that changes our rating. And I've found it rare that a good personality or a lot of energy can't bump a woman up anywhere from 1 to 3 levels.

thatpfunk
12-10-2005, 01:16 AM
i think astro would have good judgement in enforcing this rule too...

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is the problem with this Evan: How many people would have to show pictures from this (NSFW) (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=exchange&Number=4147396&S earchpage=1&Main=4146987&Words=+craig&topic=&Searc h=true#Post4147396)? (top post)

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
That's sort of the idea. Hopefully this will slow down the rate of these annoying posts.

I think a good addition to the picture requirement is that you must be in the picture yourself. If you are not in the OOT photo directory you must also provide a picture of you in front of 2+2 signed in on your name. You can never be too careful.

CourtesyFlush
12-10-2005, 01:17 AM
I'm glad someone made a thread about this because this has been bugging me for a while too. That VS thread is ridiculous. I love that a bunch of people even said "gross what's with her leg" at the obvious reflection off the stage, which should be obvious to anyone that is not half retarded.

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like a 10 as much as anyone, but that doesn't mean I actually think an 8 or a 7 doesn't meet my standards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think a 5 or 6 doesn't meet your standards either. Honestly, would anyone in their right mind see Tyra Banks at a bar and react by thiking, "man, I'd like to bang her if only she could put a bag over her face so I wouldn't see her forehead"?

Basically I think having this forum reflect reality, even slightly, is a good thing.

uw_madtown
12-10-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
That's sort of the idea. Hopefully this will slow down the rate of these annoying posts.

I think a good addition to the picture requirement is that you must be in the picture yourself. If you are not in the OOT photo directory you must also provide a picture of you in front of 2+2 signed in on your name. You can never be too careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they should also be required to be crossing their eyes and holding an apple in their teeth while giving the "WESTSIIIIDE" hand symbol. For humor's sake.

PS: I fully support this thread.

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad someone made a thread about this because this has been bugging me for a while too. That VS thread is ridiculous. I love that a bunch of people even said "gross what's with her leg" at the obvious reflection off the stage, which should be obvious to anyone that is not half retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
I made a decision to let the people that couldn't figure that out off the hook. It was close though, because that is both really stupid and a really petty reason to insult a girl as hot as Adriana Lima.

gumpzilla
12-10-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think once you get past ugly or plain, you start getting into things that are hard to measure and depend a lot on personal taste, too. I'm not into fat chicks, for instance, but I've seen some fat chicks that made me wish I were. We're more or less forgiving depending on what we like, and that changes our rating. And I've found it rare that a good personality or a lot of energy can't bump a woman up anywhere from 1 to 3 levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, I think everybody (older than 19) would agree with this. Of course it's not relevant for slagging random women on the Internet. As somebody else mentions, there's always an implicit comparison to other hot chicks - we're not talking about relative to the population at large. I think that's most of it, but the whole thing is still pretty ridiculous.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 01:21 AM
I think not knowing what OOT members look like is one of the best parts about it. No offense dudes, but I don't give a damn what you look like and I'm not curious.

tonypaladino
12-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Scotch Disliker,

I agree with you, and I think one of the ways we can solve this is by making the 3 point scale mandatory.

TONY

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think not knowing what OOT members look like is one of the best parts about it. No offense dudes, but I don't give a damn what you look like and I'm not curious.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't particularly care what "OOT members" look like. I am curious who someone is banging if they said that Adriana Lima or Tyra Banks is not drop dead gorgeous.

chuddo
pointing out the lack of beauty of:

-Ashley Simpson
-Drew Barrymore
-Renee Zelweger

is still ok, right?

LoaferGee12
Oh cmon, the predator thing was funny. Lighten up a little?

tonypaladino
12-10-2005, 01:26 AM
If by

-Ashley Simpson
-Drew Barrymore
-Renee Zelweger

you mean

-Ashley Simpson
-Ashley Simpson
-Ashley Simpson

then I agree

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Scotch Disliker,

I agree with you, and I think one of the ways we can solve this is by making the 3 point scale mandatory.

TONY

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of the 3 point scale. I think a 4 point scale would be ideal, though. There is a relatively strong case to be made for [censored] a 50th percentile girl while I don't think that's the case for a 33rd percentile girl.

KDawgCometh
12-10-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fully support this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

hear hear. Having sex with any of those girls would be a highlight of my life. Any girl can be ugly if you nitpick enough

uw_madtown
12-10-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-Ashley Simpson

is still ok, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

If thinking Ashlee Simpson has a mediocre face is wrong, I don't want to be right.

chuddo
12-10-2005, 01:32 AM
p.s. i would not, and have never, dated a girl that isn't more attractive than those 3 hags.

fyodor
12-10-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't particularly care what "OOT members" look like. I am curious who someone is banging if they said that Adriana Lima or Tyra Banks is not drop dead gorgeous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I have no idea who this Adriana is. I looked at the series of photos at the top of that thread and I am still not impressed. I don't think she looks like a transvestite. I don't think she is ugly. I however don't think she is even close to drop dead gorgeous.

*** Disclaimer - The only pics I have seen of her are from that thread. ***

Just because you are so enamoured with her does not mean that everyone else is a retard for not being impressed.

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If by

-Ashley Simpson
-Drew Barrymore
-Renee Zelweger

you mean

-Ashley Simpson
-Ashley Simpson
-Ashley Simpson

then I agree

[/ QUOTE ]
Saying that Ashley Simpson has a big nose or even an ugly face is fine. Implying that you would not bang her til your dick fell off, in my opinion, would warrent you posting a pic. The paper bag comment, in her case, is okay by me because the body/face juxtoposition is SO stark.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that she has an insane body.

fluxrad
12-10-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-Renee Zelweger

[/ QUOTE ]

Danza says:

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4825/homo7hd.jpg

pokerdirty
edited, because

http://www.efn.org/~sdunlap/evansucks_bible.jpg

tonypaladino
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Scotch Disliker,

TONY

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of the 3 point scale. I think a 4 point scale would be ideal, though. There is a relatively strong case to be made for [censored] a 50th percentile girl while I don't think that's the case for a 33rd percentile girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about,

1. No Way In Hell
2. I'd have to be drunk
3. Only if I hadn't gotten laid in a while
4. I'd Hit It

chuddo
12-10-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Renee Zelweger

[/ QUOTE ]

Danza says:

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/chuddo/renne.jpg

i was wrong?

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
p.s. i would not, and have never, dated a girl that isn't more attractive than those 3 hags.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) Based on the amount of effort you put into trying to bang Olivia* I'm almost positive this is not true. Furthermore, I'm more focused on girls you'd hook up with than girls you'd date.

2) If this is true, you should be overjoyed about getting a chance to post those pictures for all to see when you insult an agreed upon hottie.

*Olivia, while very cute, is not hot enough that I would believe you'd never hook up with a girl worse than Drew Barrymore.

fyodor
12-10-2005, 01:38 AM
That is a seriously ugly photo

AngryCola
12-10-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Scotch Disliker,

TONY

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about,

1. No Way In Hell
2. I'd have to be drunk
4. I'd Hit It

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is this scale would be useless when comparing models to other models. They would always be fours, yet obviously people would think some were better than others. It just wouldn't work, IMO.

Also, I don't think anyone will ever be required to post a picture of any kind on 2+2.

KDawgCometh
12-10-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Renee Zelweger

[/ QUOTE ]

Danza says:

[/ QUOTE ]

i was wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

she's the not hot version of joey lauren adams

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Scotch Disliker,

TONY

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about,

1. No Way In Hell
2. I'd have to be drunk
4. I'd Hit It

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is this scale would be useless when comparing models to other models. They would always be fours, yet people would obviously think some were better than others. It just wouldn't work, IMO.

Also, I don't think anyone will ever be required to post a picture of any kind on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]
if we can makes rules about not saying the word "poker" I don't see why we can't do this. Fwiw I never thought of making this rule in Politics, I promise.

kyro
12-10-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Renee Zelweger

[/ QUOTE ]

Danza says:

[/ QUOTE ]

Renee Zelwegger is one of the most unattractive mainstream female celebrities. In fact, she almost looks mannish which completely contradicts your stupid, stupid post.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like a 10 as much as anyone, but that doesn't mean I actually think an 8 or a 7 doesn't meet my standards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think a 5 or 6 doesn't meet your standards either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that's a real weird thing to say and doesn't make sense.

I don't know what you think a 5 or 6 is, but I know what I think a 5 or 6 is. I also know my standards, and I have no idea how you could possibly think you know them better than me. Who is attracted to what he considers unattractive? By definition ...

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, would anyone in their right mind see Tyra Banks at a bar and react by thiking, "man, I'd like to bang her if only she could put a bag over her face so I wouldn't see her forehead"?

Basically I think having this forum reflect reality, even slightly, is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for Tyra Banks, she's got a very pointy chin and a high forehead, and I would count her as an easy 9 or better.

Funny thing is, though, there's so much variation even between 9 and 10. I count her way higher since I've seen her talk show and seen that she actually seems to have some kind of a personality and reasonable intelligence.

pokerdirty
12-10-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Renee Zelweger

[/ QUOTE ]

Danza says:

[/ QUOTE ]

i was wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

she's the not hot version of joey lauren adams

[/ QUOTE ]

more like

http://epguides.com/Roseanne/cast.jpg

AngryCola
[ QUOTE ]

if we can makes rules about not saying the word "poker" I don't see why we can't do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not at all the same as requiring someone to post RL pictures just to keep his status on 2+2.

Blarg
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I made a decision to let the people that couldn't figure that out off the hook. It was close though, because that is both really stupid and a really petty reason to insult a girl as hot as Adriana Lima.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect she might read this forum only infrequently.

Jules22
i support this plan. tired of creepy dudes randomly disparaging girls so they dont feel so creepy

eviljeff
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

also, anyone who disagrees with any law of these United States must submit a picture of themselves with their juris doctorate degree and bar card. we don't want any of the proletariat voicing their opinions now do we.

always careful,
Jeff

Blarg
12-10-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-Ashley Simpson
-Drew Barrymore
-Renee Zelweger

is still ok, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on the first two, but think Renee can be made to look decent, partly on the charm factor. She was hard not to like in that Jerry Maguire movie.

Ashlee Simpson doesn't look good at all to me.

Drew Barrymore has very forgettable looks, but is pretty in tha tkind of, I-like-her-because-she's-my-friend kind of way. If she weren't a movie star nobody would have thought she was a natural as a Charlie's Angel.

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think a 5 or 6 doesn't meet your standards either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that's a real weird thing to say and doesn't make sense.

I don't know what you think a 5 or 6 is, but I know what I think a 5 or 6 is. I also know my standards, and I have no idea how you could possibly think you know them better than me. Who is attracted to what he considers unattractive? By definition ...

[/ QUOTE ]
I said I "think", not I "know". We are still allowed to think here, right? If you've never hooked up with what you would call a 5, then you either scale women differently than me or have a much better track record. If it's the latter, congrats--if it's the former, no biggie.

fluxrad
12-10-2005, 01:48 AM
http://194.30.231.7/kathnews/send/fun/fun_rene1.jpg

Yes. You were wrong.

pokerdirty
12-10-2005, 01:49 AM
one-sided AIM convo with the little one...

me: sure OOT has ridiculously high standards
me: but the women that we are usually rating are ridiculously gorgeous
me: so there is a scale of 1-10 of how they fair within the realm of ridiculously gorgeous
me: which is how most women get rated in OOT
me: unless it's renee zellweger

diebitter
12-10-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i was wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy moley! I used to think Renee was hot, but this picture has turned me forever! (er, from Renee I mean)

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

if we can makes rules about not saying the word "poker" I don't see why we can't do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not at all the same as requiring someone to post RL pictures just to keep his status on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]
A mod suspended Diablo for saying that two people were dating. I don't see why we can't do the same for someone posted absurd statements about hot chicks. The pic is just a way to avoid the suspension. Relax.

istewart
http://home.comcast.net/~cuervo6669/sharp_knees.jpg

AngryCola
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why we can't do the same for someone posted absurd statements about hot chicks. The pic is just a way to avoid the suspension. Relax.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine. I'm just telling you that it will probably never happen.

kyro
12-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Ah, the wonders of makeup and airbrushing. Nice work there.

gorie
12-10-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
haha, nice.

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

also, anyone who disagrees with any law of these United States must submit a picture of themselves with their juris doctorate degree and bar card. we don't want any of the proletariat voicing their opinions now do we.

always careful,
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
Can someone else start a thread about people using bad analogies that don't make sense?

Seriously, Jeff, this sort of rule is NOT without precedant on 2+2. The Diablo suspension from just two days ago is a perfect example. Contrary to what you may think, 2+2 is not a nation that prides itself on freedom, it's a god damned website.

kyro
12-10-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A mod suspended Diablo for saying that two people were dating. I don't see why we can't do the same for someone posted absurd statements about hot chicks. The pic is just a way to avoid the suspension. Relax.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if their girlfriend isn't up to par? Do we ban them for banging an ugly? Great idea.

fluxrad
12-10-2005, 01:54 AM
istewart,

Where did you find that pic? I googled for like 20 minutes trying to find that damned thing. Fark had it not.

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why we can't do the same for someone posted absurd statements about hot chicks. The pic is just a way to avoid the suspension. Relax.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine. I'm just telling you that it will probably never happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
A few weeks ago I may have agreed with you. However, Astroglide's inception as mod combined with censored's awesomeness since his return and Dynasty's relaxed presence lately makes me think that it has a chance, at the very least.

fluxrad
12-10-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She looks good in this one too. Try a GIS.

http://img.rosbalt.ru/pics/rene_zellweger.jpg

pokerdirty
12-10-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if their girlfriend isn't up to par? Do we ban them for banging an ugly? Great idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they complain about little flaws in beautiful women (whether they be 2p2ers, celebs, girls from the bar, etc), but has been banging a 475lb elephant for 2 years, then why not? one less moron in OOT.

istewart
12-10-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
istewart,

Where did you find that pic? I googled for like 20 minutes trying to find that damned thing. Fark had it not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old thread. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Evan
12-10-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, we ridicule him until he kills himself. I call it "pulling a censored".

(I'd like to point out that I'm joking about the censored thing. I do not think he did anything wrong or was responsible in any way for the death of his roommate in the army thread.)

diebitter
12-10-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD! ROFL!

pokerdirty
12-10-2005, 02:02 AM
do you ever sleep?

[censored]
12-10-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

No, we ridicule him until he kills himself. I call it "pulling a censored".

(I'd like to point out that I'm joking about the censored thing. I do not think he did anything wrong or was responsible in any way for the death of his roommate in the army thread.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was hilarious

As for your plan. I pretty much always fall on the side of the more bannings the better when it comes to people being stupid.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's a god damned website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily my favorite kind.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She looks a little like Mike Meyers in that one.

Was that a photoshop job?

kyro
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*shudder*

to each his own i guess /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mr_J
I totally agree. Most of you have no right to knock most of the pics of girls posted here. Please force anyone who does this to post a pic of themself so we can all laugh at how ugly they are, or force them to post it on hotornot or something so they can be judged (I've done this, 9.8 /images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Blarg
12-10-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD! ROFL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, my image blocker is making me miss that one, as well as the predator one.

eviljeff
12-10-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Contrary to what you may think, 2+2 is not a nation that prides itself on freedom, it's a god damned website.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is completely inconsistent with your act of posting this thread. if 2+2 is so autocratic, then why don't you plead your case to the controllers of the website and not waste our [censored] time? by submitting this to the forum you've conceded that we as posters have power and that 2+2 is a democracy of sorts.

kyro
12-10-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(I've done this, 9.8 /images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're not serious. My running picture was well in the 8s and that is about as ugly as you can get a person.

Evan
12-10-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Contrary to what you may think, 2+2 is not a nation that prides itself on freedom, it's a god damned website.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is completely inconsistent with your act of posting this thread. if 2+2 is so autocratic, then why don't you plead your case to the controllers of the website and not waste our [censored] time? by submitting this to the forum you've conceded that we as posters have power and that 2+2 is a democracy of sorts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really. I thought it would be fun to talk about in public because I wanted to call those people I listed in my OP idiots.

If real details of this thing end up needing to be worked out I will do it in the star chamber.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 02:19 AM
LOL there's nothing not to like about a burn like that.

Catch of the Day
12-10-2005, 02:19 AM
I feel sorry for the poor girlfriends/'people getting banged' pics that will have to be posted in order for this to work out. Knwing the ammount of scrutiny and judgement that OOT places on hot chics, I can only imagine the complete and thorough dismantling any normal chic will undergo. It's just too much for any normal girl to take. Lives will be ruined.

Catch-

Mr_J
12-10-2005, 02:21 AM
Hardly anyone averages less than 4, so it'd not like 5 is average. 7 is probally average. Maybe it's different these days, but when I did it most of the ratings were pretty reasonable. I just wanted to point out that I'm easily above average /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Blarg
And we'll have a ringside seat for what happens before the bannings.

Evan
[ QUOTE ]
I feel sorry for the poor girlfriends/'people getting banged' pics that will have to be posted in order for this to work out. Knwing the ammount of scrutiny and judgement that OOT places on hot chics, I can only imagine the complete and thorough dismantling any normal chic will undergo. It's just too much for any normal girl to take. Lives will be ruined.

Catch-

[/ QUOTE ]
You wanna make an omelette, you gotta break a few eggs.

gumpzilla
12-10-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's just too much for any normal girl to take. Lives will be ruined.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary. In the limited cases where it has happened and there isn't a subtext of "Check out how hot my lady is," people generally are very forgiving to civilians. Unless I'm totally pulling this out of my ass.

Catch of the Day
12-10-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Catch-

[/ QUOTE ]
You wanna make an omelette, you gotta break a few eggs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone else start a thread about people using bad analogies that don't make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Catch-

Blarg
12-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Actually the OOT'ers have seemed by and large very kind to civilians and OOT females, from what I've seen. They usually reserve the going apesh*t for celebrities.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-10-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't read his posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too bad. My posts are generally entertaining to say the least. Give this one a try. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=4143015&an=&page=0&v c=1)

istewart
12-10-2005, 02:27 AM
LOL

Catch of the Day
12-10-2005, 02:28 AM
Fair enough, I am have been out of touch for awhile...

Catch-

B Dids
12-10-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually the OOT'ers have seemed by and large very kind to civilians and OOT females, from what I've seen. They usually reserve the going apesh*t for celebrities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I'd agree with this...

Actually I'm pretty damn sure I'd disagree.

Think of poor Oliva, a woman with the basic flaw of not nailing Chuddo.

lastchance
12-10-2005, 02:31 AM
Simple idea: two separate ranking systems: the "hottie" ranking system, and the "regular" ranking system. "Regular" is for comparison to normal girls you see every day. The "hottie" ranking system is meant for you to compare a girl to the hottest model that we all know you jack off to on a frequent basis.

chuddo
12-10-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what i consider to be the biggest possible character flaw in a woman.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-10-2005, 02:33 AM
No need. My system is universal, and respects the hotness of all of the upper echelon. See above linked thread.

Mr_J
12-10-2005, 02:35 AM
From what I've seen this forum judges 'normal' girls differently. Eg some hottie would be given a 'eh, I'd probally do her' while a normal girl, but good looking, but get a 'definately hot'.

Maybe the scale for hot women is just a 'what would I give her if I was the hottest man alive'.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 02:37 AM
Olivia was never an OOT member or the spouse/GF of one. And she put herself into the sphere of catching crap real clearly from the get go by trying to really grind it into Chuddo in a bad way and as publicly as possible. On no real provocation she made him grovel and really liked it a lot. She just thought she wouldn't get hoisted by her own petard. She's not on my list of people to feel sorry for at all. Her own bad behavior blew up in her face. It's no longer being a civilian when you're opening fire with the heavy artillery first.

cdxx
12-10-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://static.flickr.com/35/71984538_50bb31f3e8.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

kyro
12-10-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She just thought she wouldn't get hoisted by her own petard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've wanted to use this phrase ever since I heard it on Family Guy, but 10-1 says I would use it wrongly because I have no [censored] idea what it means.

M2d
damn kids nowadays. someone in this thread posted that he thinks a four point scale would work. this gets close to the point, but misses the real beauty of the three point scale:
3: I'd hit it
2: With enough liquid courage, I'd hit it
1: Not even with your tool

figuring out what percentile a particular female falls into makes for long OOT threads, but it misses the forest for the trees. what's the bottom line? that's all that matters.

diebitter
Yah, I'd say she was fair game. The ones I HATE are the ones of intimate pics of girls without their permission (just post pics any of the millions of pics of girls taken with their permission, and GTFOH!) or the one where the 15-year old on myspace was being discussed (I'm foggy on this, but wasn't contact tried to be established?). The big-nose, Olivia, ah who cares? They're grown ups, and we're only seeing pics they would be fine with family seeing etc and then splurging on em. Who cares?

gumpzilla
12-10-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, and everybody was talking about how hot she was, for the most part. Everybody thought she sucked based on the blog postings and ensuing imbroglio, but I don't think people were debating how hot she was. I'm much happier with that kind of arrangement in general, though the judgment whether she truly deserved to have the hounds of OOT set upon her must be passed by someone else.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 02:54 AM
I didn't care for Olivia much, but thought she was pretty cute even in the very worst picture, and extremely hot in one or two others. And ya gotta love those thumbs.

I'm not a big fan of posting pics of women without their consent at all either. What surprises me sometimes is how many girls are up for the picture taking, because they have to know that once the relationship is over, and most relationships eventually are, lots of guys won't feel bad at all about putting them on the net. Especially if they got dumped or are pissed at the woman. If I were a woman I'd hate to think about my brother or my dad coming across pics of me getting my face splatted.

manpower
12-10-2005, 02:54 AM
I don't see what's so hard to understand here. When you look at models, actresses and anyone else who's professionally hot, you judge them against other professional hotties. When you look at average girls on the street, you judge them against other average girls on the street. Furthermore, when we post a hottie are we supposed to have a whole thread filled with nothing but one line boner jokes? The discussion is half the fun. People bad mouthing Nikki Cox or Elin Grindemyr is just as funny/entertaining/stupid as all the other stuff we do here, so why get your panties all up in a bunch over it. We all know that any of us would screw the bejeezus out of each-and-every-thing that's ever been in maxim magazine, so don't worry about what these guys are saying, they're half joking anyway.

tonypaladino
12-10-2005, 03:04 AM
Speaking of intimate pics of girls without their permission, could someone PM me the link to NorCalJosh's naked ex pics if they are still around?

Thanks

LoaferGee12
12-10-2005, 03:19 AM
How are people actually agreeing with Evan here? Does it actually bother you that much how random people on the internet rate celebrity girls?

Evan
12-10-2005, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't read his posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too bad. My posts are generally entertaining to say the least. Give this one a try. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=4143015&an=&page=0&v c=1)

[/ QUOTE ]
Your thread is completely different from this one. Like I said before, mine is about revenge.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 03:35 AM
OOT and near random destruction have a natural symbiosis.

Evan
12-10-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How are people actually agreeing with Evan here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Replace my name at the end of this questions with yours. You will see that it sounds a lot more reasonable to agree with Evan than LoaferGee.

[ QUOTE ]
Does it actually bother you that much how random people on the internet rate celebrity girls?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

LoaferGee12
12-10-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How are people actually agreeing with Evan here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Replace my name at the end of this questions with yours. You will see that it sounds a lot more reasonable to agree with Evan than LoaferGee.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, anyways I'm just gonna quote this as it pretty much sums up my sentiment.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what's so hard to understand here. When you look at models, actresses and anyone else who's professionally hot, you judge them against other professional hotties. When you look at average girls on the street, you judge them against other average girls on the street. Furthermore, when we post a hottie are we supposed to have a whole thread filled with nothing but one line boner jokes? The discussion is half the fun. People bad mouthing Nikki Cox or Elin Grindemyr is just as funny/entertaining/stupid as all the other stuff we do here, so why get your panties all up in a bunch over it. We all know that any of us would screw the bejeezus out of each-and-every-thing that's ever been in maxim magazine, so don't worry about what these guys are saying, they're half joking anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan
12-10-2005, 03:51 AM
LoaferGee, I have a proposition to offer you. I offer you the right to keep disagreeing with me. To facilitate this right I will not even argue my point or respond to the quote you posted.

Apparently you've been on this site nearly a year and you have >1k posts, never the less I have no idea who you are. I'm guessing you don't post in any forum I read very much or if you do you haven't post anything that's caught my attention.

In a website as big a 2+2, when trying to develop a following, you have to pick your battles. I understand that not everyone is going to agree with anything that I ever write, so I'm not attempting to gain 100% approval. Nearly every poster in this thread whose name a recognize has agreed with me. That is my target market. Those are the people that impact this site.

In an effort to gain the support of those people it seems that I have overlooked the LoaferGees of the world; for that I have no recourse.

Fear not, LoaferGee, for there is someone in OOT that will represent you! It is not me, evidently, so here we must part ways--me with those that agree with this thread, you with joefuckhead23 and AAnutzBoy69.

LoaferGee12
12-10-2005, 03:55 AM
Alright man. Just voicing my opinion that's all.

kyro
12-10-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In a website as big a 2+2, when trying to develop a following, you have to be 43 inches tall.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp.

could you be any more a moron in this thread?

Evan
12-10-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

could you be any more a moron in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently I could forget how to speak.

Evan
12-10-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright man. Just voicing my opinion that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have 20 posts in this thread about my opinion. If those haven't swayed you then I'm not going to. The impossibilty of convincing you I'm right combined with its uselessness doesn't provide me any motivation to continue talking about it.

Femto
12-10-2005, 04:06 AM
Guys have waaaay higher standards for pictures of girls to jack off to than they do for girls to jack them off. This is common knowledge. We don't have absurd standards in real life.

MyTurn2Raise
12-10-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think a 5 or 6 doesn't meet your standards either. Honestly, would anyone in their right mind see Tyra Banks at a bar and react by thiking, "man, I'd like to bang her if only she could put a bag over her face so I wouldn't see her forehead"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought this very though about Reese Witherspoon
http://www.rwitherspoon.com/images/albums/Magazine%20Scans/20021200%2019/19magazine_dec2002-2.jpg

Why am I so critical?
Because the pursuit of perfection, though unattainable, is one of the noblest activities of man.

12-10-2005, 04:32 AM
Alright Evan, here goes:

all those models are extremely hot. I would do it with her, or any other VS model in a heartbeat. I will not deny this. Unfortunatley, the pics given had some problems:

1) the first model looked like she had been beaten by the mob IN THAT PIC, specifically on her leg. Does this stop me from doing it with her? No. But I will mention it.

2)Tyra banks looked uber bangable as usual, but I have always been put off by her forhead. Would she be the hottest thing I would have ever slept with? Yes. But i feel like I had to mention what I did and didn't like.

3) the idea that those models need sandwiches is absurd. People who usually say those girls need to eat something are usually doing one of two things: trying to impress other girls by saying they like fat chicks, or they themselves are fat.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 05:10 AM
Maybe it's fat guys who can only get fat chicks so that's what they start to fetishize and think of as the most feminine way to look.

Vavavoom
12-10-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think we should institute a new rule in this forum. If you make an outlandish statement saying that any girl that is extremely hot (at the discretion of the mods/general public) is "ugly", "disgusting", "looks like a transvestite" or really anything implying that you would not sleep with them you should be forced to post a picture of your significant other (or last SO if you don't currently have one). Failing to do so should result in punishment (one day ban, asterisk/star from Astroglide, whatever).

[/ QUOTE ]

[brag] I agree with this only because I can back my own ratings with pics of my exes...[/end brag]

maryfield48
12-10-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She just thought she wouldn't get hoisted by her own petard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've wanted to use this phrase ever since I heard it on Family Guy, but 10-1 says I would use it wrongly because I have no [censored] idea what it means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to confirm it's aptness for use in OOT, the word "petard" takes its origin from a Latin word meaning "fart".

McGahee
12-10-2005, 01:34 PM
This is not a phenominon limited to OOT - it's every board on the net. It's basically just trying to convince everybody how much of a stud you are and implying that you have a supermodel girlfriend.
"Paris Hilton? Yuck" - as if everybody here wouldn't be on their knees kissing her feet and licking her snatch if they actually met her.

diebitter
12-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Happy Birthday Craig!

All the other threads you've posted in today are too depressing to be appropriate for BDay greetings.

BottlesOf
12-12-2005, 03:34 PM
I can confidently say my ratings of girls are always fair and accurate. Of course variations in taste might lead any given 2+2er from disagreeing on any given picture with a point or 2, but anyone who would say a 4 to my 7 is just lying or insane. I also try to use the whole scale, although I can't recall the last 1 or 10 I gave.