PDA

View Full Version : My laptop AC battery... HELP!!!

Landon_McFly
12-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Here's the deal...

When I used to leave my laptop over at my sis's house the AC wire (near the end where you plug it in) became so bent out of shape that I had to really jam it into the laptop to get it to charge. I was having the same problem today, and I accidently broke off the piece that plugs into my computer.

It's a small metal piece, and i was completely prepared to buy a new AC battery, but no place in town had them in stock. My friend suggested that I have it soldiered, but I don't know where to take it to have it done, or even how much it would cost.

I just got home from my worthless voyage, and I'm such an internet junkie that I put the metal piece back into the rubber casing and jammed it into my computer again. IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!

I'm guessing the reason it works is because the metal is touching enough to have a current, but I have to keep the wire at a weird angle for this to work, and it's too much of a hassle to have to stress about this everyday.

I checked eBay for AC batteries, and they are $40. Should I buy a new charger? Or is there some stuff i can buy that will work as an electric conductor and keep the metal touching between the end of the cord and the beginning of the plug?

12-10-2005, 02:41 AM
u WISH it was as cheap as $40! I had what i thought was this problem, my wire was bent up, but i bought a new ac adapter and nothing was solved. Got a new batter for $100, nothign solved. Now I have to take it in and get it repaired for around $300. Same exact situation: Had to hold and press hard to get a charge, THEN it kept geting worse to the point where it will only chrage when its off and at a weird angle. GL man... I have a compaq presarion notebook, what about you?

Landon_McFly
12-10-2005, 07:20 AM
emachines. It's definately the power supply. Hard to explain how it started, but the problem could have been avoided.

Gonna try to glue it back together.

Here goes...