PDA

View Full Version : ($10+1) AQs, 4 limpers

12-09-2005, 07:54 PM
When I get in these spots, I'm usually not sure what I should do. How is my pre-flop raise? What line do I take on the flop.

Thanks,
Will

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t922)
MP (t3397)
Button (t485)
SB (t2471)
Hero (t725)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t30, MP calls t30, Button calls t30, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, UTG folds, MP calls t170, Button folds, SB folds.

Flop: (t490) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...

12-09-2005, 08:13 PM
This early and with your stack size I just check here preflop. You probably have the best hand, but you are out of position. This large raise puts you in a bad spot if you get a caller or two and miss the flop.

If your stack was smaller, in the 500 range I would just move in preflop.

Amid Cent
12-09-2005, 08:17 PM
I think you either need to check preflop or jam preflop. The blinds are still low, so you aren't desparate just yet. However, if you jam you are either winning 120 in chips or going to the river with a decent hand.

However, since you've already raised and had one caller, you need to jam on the flop. If you check, the other player is going to go all in almost every time.

12-09-2005, 08:27 PM
I just check along here PF and see a flop and re-evaluate. I hate playing OOP especially at the lower buy-ins where you have hardly any fold equity when you fire a continuation bet.

12-09-2005, 08:54 PM
I agree with the other posters. Just check pre flop. If you decide you are going to raise then its all in or nothing. You dont have much fold equity to a big stack at a low buy in. If you miss (like you did) then you are playing OOP and your only continuation bet is all in anyway. So either get it all in preflop (bad play IMO) or check and see what happens.

A_C_Slater
12-09-2005, 09:16 PM
You're turning AQs into 72o!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif