PDA

View Full Version : Monkey-strong flop call

gonores
12-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Party 20/40

Fish limps in the CO. I raise ATs in the SB. 35/25 type calls in the BB. Fish calls.

Flop: K22r

I bet, BB calls, CO folds

OK, nice hand, BB. Pot is yours

Turn: A....delicious

I bet again, BB calls

River: 7

I check, intending to raise.

Thoughts on my intention to fold the turn? I'm seeing a lot more of this "call a very bluffable flop with crap and bet the turn" line by the LAGs, but this felt legit.

I don't know if there is any room for argument on the river, but knock yourself out if you want to try it...anywho, I want to post more hands and this is the most interesting one I played today.

flawless_victory
12-09-2005, 10:13 PM
most ppl will check a K here.

Evan
12-10-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, I think Doug should bet the river. If he doesn't have a hand he'll call with it's probably something like JT that picked up a gutshot on the turn and stuck around. I think he's a lot less likely to bluff the river than he was to bluff the turn. Like you said though, he probably has a [censored] king and he'll call but not bet.

shant
12-10-2005, 12:28 AM
I usually bet the turn again in this situation, regardless of the card. Like you mentioned, I've seen peeling here with hands like JT and check/folding the turn seems weak. I may be overdoing it though.

CardSharpCook
12-10-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, yoour choice is check/call or bet/call. I like bet/call. He's got to call with a lot of crap that he wouldn't bet. Ks and PPs.

As for your turn line, I don't mind firing on any card. BB looks surprisingly loose. He is the type that will call any flop, especially on a board like this.

bakku
12-10-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, yoour choice is check/call or bet/call. I like bet/call. He's got to call with a lot of crap that he wouldn't bet. Ks and PPs.

As for your turn line, I don't mind firing on any card. BB looks surprisingly loose. He is the type that will call any flop, especially on a board like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

his choices should be bet or c/r, not bet or c/c.