PDA

View Full Version : OT: Step Tourneys vs Sngs

12-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Let me apologize if this is posted somewhere else, but i did search and found a whole lotta nuttin.

For those that play steps, how do you compare them to the sngs? I tried a few step 1's and found them to be extremely crazy. i was on BB and had 7 limpers, i had AKs, bumped to 75 to thin the field and had 6 people call it! so i am done with those...where does the play become less insane? How do you guys play steps, meaning, for fun and to try to make a few bucks, or are people grinding it out on these and making $$ just like in sngs?

Thanks All,

bluefeet
12-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Not to stifle any discussion downstream, but here's a better search for you: "+step -re" subject only, SSTF, last year

12-09-2005, 07:10 PM
thx, if its good, no discussion needed!

bones
12-09-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was on BB and had 7 limpers, i had AKs, bumped to 75 to thin the field and had 6 people call it! so i am done with those

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hate it when I have a ton of preflop equity. I wouldn't play those either. Someone jagoff is probably going to stick around with J7 when he clearly should have folded. Make sure to tell them how badly they play. Use statistics and percentages for best results.

12-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Why would you educate the morons? It may be frustrating short term, but in the long run, it's where you make your money.

Instead of telling them how badly they play, be nice so they keep making those bonehead moves. If they wanted education, they'd go get it. They want to gamble, be thankful for them.