PDA

View Full Version : Largest Buyins

12-09-2005, 06:41 PM
I am just curious. Does anyone here play any SNGs larger than $215 buyins? I know there are a lot of folks in this forum who beat the 215s. I was just wondering why I don't ever hear about people beating higher buyins. Is it possible to beat the rake at those levels?

Max

yvesaint
12-09-2005, 06:42 PM
zeejustin comes into mind

bones
12-09-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am just curious. Does anyone here play any SNGs larger than $215 buyins? I know there are a lot of folks in this forum who beat the 215s. I was just wondering why I don't ever hear about people beating higher buyins. Is it possible to beat the rake at those levels?

Max

[/ QUOTE ]

There are definitely not a lot of people who beat the 215s, here or anywhere. The reason you don't see people posting about "beating" the higher games is that they don't go off very often, making getting an adequate sample size for "beating" very difficult.

But to answer your question, there are a few posters here that do well in the final steps.

rbear
12-09-2005, 07:26 PM
new sn sassy??? anyone know?

raptor517
12-09-2005, 07:26 PM
ive played quite a few last 2 days. games are pretty tough. everyone knows how to play late game, and the only edge you can get on people is ouplaying them postflop in the early stages. probably not worth it but im gambling. we'll see how it goes. holla

rbear
12-09-2005, 07:32 PM
who was sassypants?

Bluff Daddy
12-09-2005, 07:56 PM
I checked out fieryjustice blog the other day and he had started playing some higher steps and was up something absurd like 40k in a few days

wiggs73
12-09-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fieryjustice blog

[/ QUOTE ]

link?

Bluff Daddy
12-09-2005, 08:05 PM
http://blog.myspace.com/jcardshark

pineapple888
12-09-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I checked out fieryjustice blog the other day and he had started playing some higher steps and was up something absurd like 40k in a few days

[/ QUOTE ]

From the blog:

"Well...I HAD $40,000 profit 3 days ago, now I only have $25,000 profit...so things havent been going too well."

The jury's still out /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

raptor517
12-10-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who was sassypants?

[/ QUOTE ]

i know, but i duno if he wants everyone else to know, so ill keep him secret. i also just figured out who straight pair was about 20 minutes ago. yay. holla

FieryJustice
12-10-2005, 10:22 PM
I lost 15k of the 40k i had /images/graemlins/frown.gif I dont know if I have the mental fortitude or the bankroll to deal with daily 10k swings. It is quite depressing, so I am going to go back to $215s and be happy. Also, I am pretty content with 20k a month, so I might just take the rest of this month easy and work on my game before I jump into the big live mtt scene when I turn 21 in a month.

But to answer the question, there are maybe 20 "regulars" even though I dont know if they will stay up there forever, as I am sure most of them dont have the 200k bankroll they need.

12-11-2005, 01:48 AM
I play the larger buyins and do very well in them.
The rake is lower than the smaller buyin SNGs.
Yes I wonder why you don't hear too much about people beating higher buyins.Hmmm.I scratch my head and cannot find an answer.

bones
12-11-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play the larger buyins and do very well in them.
The rake is lower than the smaller buyin SNGs.
Yes I wonder why you don't hear too much about people beating higher buyins.Hmmm.I scratch my head and cannot find an answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because you're crushing them all, you secret system using, money eating poker legend.

12-11-2005, 02:05 AM
LOL, I know I can be an ass sometimes.But seriously when there is quite a bit of money at stake why should one go around saying Hey I do this you can do this too.Sorry to use sarcasm but I am trying to drive home a point without having to completely spell it out.

12-11-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, I know I can be an ass sometimes.But seriously when there is quite a bit of money at stake why should one go around saying Hey I do this you can do this too.Sorry to use sarcasm but I am trying to drive home a point without having to completely spell it out.

[/ QUOTE ]
You could be Rumfeld's speechwriter.

bones
12-11-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're like a forum version of a table coach. You admittedly read these boards and the information contained within without making any strategic contributions, then post about how better players shouldn't educate.

You're good at poker and don't think others should give away information. Okay, we get it. You're quickly turning into the equivalent of a gimmick account.

handsome
12-11-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're like a forum version of a table coach. You admittedly read these boards and the information contained within without making any strategic contributions, then post about how better players shouldn't educate.

You're good at poker and don't think others should give away information. Okay, we get it. You're quickly turning into the equivalent of a gimmick account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hhahahaha, pwnt.

12-11-2005, 02:44 AM
Well, ok, as long as you get it.It's the last I say on the subject.I do not wish to be a bore and I do not wished to be bored repeating myself.
My negative comments will not re-appear.
I may have been wrong to bring my opinion to this forum,but I respect everyone who has replied and that's the end of it.
Good luck all.

12-11-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, ok, as long as you get it.It's the last I say on the subject.I do not wish to be a bore and I do not wished to be bored repeating myself.
My negative comments will not re-appear.
I may have been wrong to bring my opinion to this forum,but I respect everyone who has replied and that's the end of it.
Good luck all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Joel, sorry about the Rumsfeld comment. I get now that you are being sincere.