PDA

View Full Version : 200 - No action, river overbet

fanmail
12-09-2005, 06:15 PM
200 Max 1/2 NL, 5 handed. Villain is well, I have seen better players before, but he isn't a total donk. He hasnt done much out of line play, however, prior to this move. He is the newest to the table at about 60 hands.
Anyway, villain has $200, I cover.

PREFLOP
Hero limps utg w/7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 1 fold, 1 call, villain completes from sb, bb checks.

FLOP ($7.20)[4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,K /images/graemlins/heart.gif,5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Villain checks, bb checks, Hero checks, utg+2 checks.

TURN [4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,K /images/graemlins/heart.gif,5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ,3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Villain checks, bb checks, Hero checks, utg+2 checks.

RIVER [4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,K /images/graemlins/heart.gif,5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ,3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Villain bets $60, bb folds, Hero?

Ok, I should have bet earlier, probably the turn with gutshot + flush, but seeing as I didn't......fold, call, or raise and why?

jcmack13
12-09-2005, 08:57 PM
even though you have the worst possible flush, i like calling best. You could be beat, or he could have something like A4. And yeah, I woulda bet the turn.

12-09-2005, 09:02 PM
FOLD. This is such a quads/boat hand waiting for someone to catch up. It could even be Ad2d.

12-09-2005, 10:27 PM
easy fold. you beat nothing other than a complete bluff.

fanmail
12-10-2005, 02:44 PM
I did fold, since I had no read otherwise. I just wondered if anyone thought that was too weak or if that was the right play.