PDA

View Full Version : Blind Steal Situation

waynethetrain
12-09-2005, 05:22 PM
No reads.

Do I raise on the flop or do I call down and raise on the turn or river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?

shant
12-09-2005, 05:24 PM
In this situation the proper play is to raise the flop some percentage of the time, and to call and raise the river some other percentage of the time. You are going to have a lot of play against the BB from the Button so it's best to keep him guessing as to WTF it is you're doing.

waynethetrain
12-09-2005, 05:36 PM
That makes a lot of sense when playing against pretty good players, but this was a pretty sorry lot (if you know what I mean). I raised and he folded. So I thought I should check on what other people do in this situation against fairly poor players.

shant
12-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Oh, you said no reads in your first post. I still think my advice applies. Even players who you think are awful are paying attention to what raises mean. It sucks this time he didn't have anything to play you with, but that doesn't mean that calling was better.

waynethetrain
12-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks. I should have been more specific. I had no reads on this guy, but the play in general was pretty poor.

NobodysFreak
12-09-2005, 05:54 PM
In a typical 1/2 game, I'm raising this just about everytime unless I have a good read on my opponent. A lot of opponents will call with worse hands and three-bet a weaker ace.