PDA

View Full Version : help me play this better

montechristo
12-09-2005, 05:01 PM
5/10 NL eff. stacks 800

Villain is pretty good LAG, usually shows
down the nuts but is tricky, more than capable of making moves. He views me as Laggish, not having a good day, etc.

Hero is SB w/ 22. 5 limpers. I have been involved in 2 big pots and had to lay down biggish hands.

flop 10h 3h 2h.... I overbet the pot to 120... Villain raises to 300, I think he has a medium PP or a 10 with a heart... I decide he doesn't have the flush and push. ???? is this okay?

-Skeme-
12-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Don't overbet.

Big_Jim
12-09-2005, 05:14 PM
The overbet stinks pretty bad.

You lead into a 4 people, first in, from the blinds, in an unraised pot with a fat overbet.... nobody thinks you're bluffing.

After that overbet... you can almost fold to his raise....

beset7
12-09-2005, 05:16 PM
i'd be scared if someone called that overbet much less raised.

montechristo
12-09-2005, 05:34 PM
absolutely, normally I would muck immediately but his raise stunk to me - I was very sure he would trap me even w/ a baby flush based on his previous play, and I had been LAGging it up pretty bad, he has a history of "huge calls"
where he snapped off what I thought were excellent bluffs with bottom pair, etc. So basically he thinks I just bluff all the time, even ridiculous overbets into 4 people.

Some of you would be very surprised by what he raised and called a push with, but he told me after the hand because of his equity there was no way he could fold after putting 1/3 of his stack in.

Big_Jim
12-09-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is pretty good LAG

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I was very sure he would trap me even w/ a baby flush

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some of you would be very surprised by what he raised and called a push with

[/ QUOTE ]
I think your read is wrong.