PDA

View Full Version : Dream Hand

Homer
07-14-2003, 09:49 PM
Foxwoods 4/8. The table has just been formed and this is the first hand so I have no read on the players.

I'm dealt AA UTG. I raise, UTG+1 three-bets, four players (including BB) coldcall, I cap and all call. Six to the flop.

Flop - A77r

BB bets, I call and everyone else calls.

Turn - 7

BB bets, I raise and everyone coldcalls.

River - 7

Checked to the last player who bets, BB calls, I checkraise and all coldcall/call.

I show my Aces, the next three players muck, BB shows Ax and we stare at each other and scratch our heads as the pot is chopped between us.

I wake up.

Comments?

-- Homer

J.R.
07-14-2003, 09:53 PM
If you get really hammered, you'll pass out into a deep sleep and be far less prone to wake up just as you're begining an obvious heater. You missed lots of EV by sleeping light.

Barry
07-14-2003, 10:03 PM
It's too bad that the BB didn't 3 bet so your could cap and have everyone cold call again!

JTG51
07-15-2003, 12:28 AM
Wow, that would really suck. That's a beat worthy of www.riveredagain.com (http://www.riveredagain.com) (which by the way is a great site!).

It would suck worse though if you visited Foxwoods without telling me.

Ed Miller
07-15-2003, 05:59 AM
Oh my dear lord... I think I would just fall over laughing.

Homer
07-15-2003, 09:19 AM
The website is looking good (it's Rock's, right?).

I am unemployed now (finally), so it shouldn't be too hard for me to make a trip to Foxwoods sometime soon.

-- Homer

ElSapo
07-15-2003, 09:43 AM
I show my Aces, the next three players muck, BB shows Ax and we stare at each other and scratch our heads as the pot is chopped between us.

This is an option PartyPoker really needs to include. I can only imagne the results if players could simply muck at the showdown.

Robk
07-15-2003, 12:58 PM
I am unemployed now (finally)

Welcome to the club! Does this mean you are "going pro"?

punkass
07-15-2003, 01:19 PM
first off, that's a bad beat. But it's dulled and covered by the stupid idiots (what'd they call with is probably a funnier topic) who mucked. Kudos to the people watching and not saying anything like "oh, well, it's useless now" and such.

I would've been on the floor laughing. Wait, I am.

MaxPower
07-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Wow! Did the three who mucked ever realize their mistake? I've seen people do this before, but never after cold-calling a raise on the river.

This is a sign that you are at a profitable table.

Homer
07-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Wow! Did the three who mucked ever realize their mistake?

Well, they were figments of my imagination, but I could try to fall asleep and ask them. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

This hand did not actually take place, it happened in a dream I had the other day. I just decided to post it since it was rather amusing.

Anyone want to psychoanalyze me?

-- Homer

Homer
07-15-2003, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the club! Does this mean you are "going pro"?

Nah, just making a career change, though I will be continuing to play as a semi-low-limit-online-player-making-10-bucks-an-hour-pro.

-- Homer

J.R.
07-15-2003, 04:33 PM
I'd lay pretty good odds that this " semi-low-limit-online-player-making-10-bucks-an-hour-pro. " is an understatement.

MaxPower
07-15-2003, 06:08 PM
D'oh!

Now I feel stupid. Although in the types of games I usually play this type of thing is not at all farfetched.

I personally believe that dreams don't mean much and are just your brains interpretation of some neural activation that goes on while you sleep. In that case its probably a sign that you play too much poker and post too much on 2+2.

However, if you believe in the wish fulfillment theory of dreams, perhaps it represents your desire to triumph over bad beats. Or maybe it is your desire to find opponents who are actually this stupid. You also may be fixated in the anal stage, which explains your desire to withold chips from your opponents.

JTG51
07-16-2003, 11:08 AM
You also may be fixated in the anal stage...

LOL!

Louie Landale
07-16-2003, 07:00 PM
So 6 players put in all that money drawing stone cold dead, except that if they catch a 7 they'll split it 7 ways. Then when they DO catch the 7 a couple fold anyway. And its hard to believe that you couldn't find one other player willing to cap the river.

Maybe it was last-night's meat-loaf. Otherwise I think you may need a break.

- Louie

PS. So how long did it take to "get a read" on the other players?

RockLobster
07-17-2003, 08:31 AM
It would suck worse though if you visited Foxwoods without telling me.

I was thinking the same thing! If Homer can make the x-hour drive to FW, I should be able to make my measly 2.5 hour drive...

Great post, Homer... worth a smile on a listless Thursday am...

RockLobster
07-17-2003, 08:36 AM
The website is looking good (it's Rock's, right?).

Thanks a ton. I've got virtually no web design experience, so it's been learn-as-I-go. Fun project, though. Making modifications daily (adding to the "terms" section, mostly).

Please be sure to pm me (and the gang) if you plan to head up. If it's on a weekend I'll try and sneak down...