PDA

View Full Version : The Official Richest 2+2er Speculation Thread

thatpfunk
12-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Ignoring any "celebrities" that come to these boards who do you think is the richest 2+2er? This is more than just bankrolls, etc, I guess overall net worth.

So, while rude, please blindly speculate who the richest 2+2ers are and how much they have...

I'll go with the obvious: Diablo, a couple million.

BigBiceps
12-09-2005, 04:43 PM
This is not interesting unless we are talking about amounts over 10M.

Justin A
12-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Lapoker17.

For an explanation see about halfway down the page in this thread:
lapoker17 owns G35pro and indirectly owns Diablo (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4131171&page=0&fpart=2&v c=1)

jackdaniels
12-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Is G35pro El D's gimmick acct?

That would be a sweet bet to resolve!

TylerD
12-09-2005, 05:16 PM
errr, raymer?

thatpfunk
12-09-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lapoker17.

For an explanation see about halfway down the page in this thread:
lapoker17 owns G35pro and indirectly owns Diablo (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4131171&page=0&fpart=2&v c=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what made me think about the thread.

thatpfunk
12-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Tyler,
I think there is a good chance there is a 2p2er with a higher net worth than Raymer. Also, while he is an original 2p2er, I think he has evolved into a "celebrity" now and no longer qualifies for this exercise in speculation.

I think I will be more specific with my Diablo guess, since no one is throwing out numbers. I blindly guess that Diablo's net worth is ~$4 million. If he doesn't own the place that he has shown pictures of (and other properties) then I round down to $2.5.

A_C_Slater
12-09-2005, 05:32 PM
I heard that El Diablo made most of his money selling nuclear materials to Pakistan.

TylerD
12-09-2005, 05:33 PM
what about Mason, he's got to have a bit.

B Dids
12-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Diablo, unless something has changed, has been open about the fact that he rents that place.

That said, I would wager that he makes this list.

kenberman
12-09-2005, 05:44 PM
I have many many friends, which I feel makes me the wealthiest man in the forums.

Aceshigh7
12-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Mason Malmuth.

thatpfunk
12-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Dids,
You are "in the know." Please give some guesses for other rich guys, especially with specific monetary amounts.

be healthy,
funk

henrikrh
12-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Can't believe no one has mentioned Kicker35, pretty sure this guy is worth more than diablo, not by much, maybe around about $5.5 million total. This is mainly inferred from his thread here...

Kicker35's Thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4150716&an=0&page=0&gone w=1#UNREAD)

MMMMMM
12-09-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mason Malmuth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray Zee once posted that while David and Mason were worth a lot, they would never catch up with him. Of course, this was a bit before the most recent poker explosion, so who knows.

JFB37
12-09-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm sure the actual answer is someone you have never heard of and who would never, never, do anything to let you suspect him/her.

lapoker17
12-09-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure the actual answer is someone...who would never, never, do anything to let you suspect him/her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger?

highlife
12-09-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ignoring any "celebrities" that come to these boards who do you think is the richest 2+2er? This is more than just bankrolls, etc, I guess overall net worth.

So, while rude, please blindly speculate who the richest 2+2ers are and how much they have...

I'll go with the obvious: Diablo, a couple million.

[/ QUOTE ]

2-5 million in net worth is nothing, anything less than 15-20 is not even interesting. i am quite sure there are several 2+2er's in that range.

Ulysses
12-09-2005, 07:11 PM
I am nowhere near the top of the 2+2er list. All of my money I've poured back into other startups. If they end up going somewhere, I'll have some money.

I'd guess andyfox or lapoker17.

I'm also sure that there are 2+2ers worth 10M+ and I am nowhere close.

I quite possibly have the richest friends, though.

lapoker17
12-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Dude - I'm nowhere close. I'm in the "If they end up going somewhere, I'll have some money" camp with you, but probably to a much smaller degree.

B Dids
12-09-2005, 08:06 PM
I'm not in the know really.

I know that Paluka and El D both have pretty high paying regular jobs. There was a thread a while back where El D compared his yearly earn to somebody playing poker. I believe it was somewhere in the 500-800k range but I coudl easily be off by a large margin. This isn't anything I know special, I just remember pointless [censored].

I would think that you're probably looking for people who are job rich and happen to play (TSP is reportedly another example) than people who are really rich off of playing.

thatpfunk
12-09-2005, 08:31 PM
I think I can hang pretty well with richest friends, as long as their "family money" qualifies.

miajag81
12-09-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm far from rich myself but I'm pretty good friends with a girl whose dad is a billionaire.

And I'm sure the richest person on 2+2 is someone nobody would ever guess.

2+2 wannabe
12-09-2005, 11:58 PM
this thread is interesting and all, but I'd rather hear which 2+2ers have went BUSTO

PokerPrince
12-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Who cares? You can't take the green stuff with you when you die.

bones
12-10-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am nowhere near the top of the 2+2er list. All of my money I've poured back into other startups.

I'm also sure that there are 2+2ers worth 10M+ and I am nowhere close.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of these startups is rumored to be a drug cartel that sponsors a puppet regime for a small Central American country.

12-10-2005, 12:47 AM
i just got a check today from a work study job for 72 bucks.

thatpfunk
12-10-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who cares? You can't take the green stuff with you when you die.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is so dumb and cliched. Of course you can't take it with you, you can't take anything with you. But you can remember things. And money allows you to remember when you were on your yacht in the bahamas blowing cocaine off of strippers' asses.

cliches get out of here, this thread is for wild speculation.

TStoneMBD
12-10-2005, 03:27 AM
you guys make it seem like a few million is all the money in the world. what is there like 40k people on twoplustwo or something? there are bound to be tons of millionaires, many much richer than that. i would imagine that the richest people on twoplustwo are the people with very few post counts. people who are that rich arent likely to be all that intersted in poker to have post counts in the thousands.

if you changed this thread to the richest carpal tunnel 2p2 poster or 1k+ posts it would be much more interesting. i would lay money that the richest poster on this forum has less than 200 posts.

JcTc
12-10-2005, 03:56 AM
It has been confirmed El Diablo has made millions paying 2+2 members to slob on his knob.

tonypaladino
12-10-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It has been confirmed El Diablo has made millions paying 2+2 members to slob on his knob.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would he make money doing that?

Justin A
12-10-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure the actual answer is someone...who would never, never, do anything to let you suspect him/her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. From what I hear Sponger playing 1/2 is just like Bill Gates playing 3/6. You do the math.

Justin A
12-10-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. From what I hear Sponger playing 1/2 is just like Bill Gates playing 3/6. You do the math.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh and I almost forgot...

Sponger for moderator!!!!

edtost
12-10-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I know that Paluka and El D both have pretty high paying regular jobs. There was a thread a while back where El D compared his yearly earn to somebody playing poker. I believe it was somewhere in the 500-800k range but I coudl easily be off by a large margin. This isn't anything I know special, I just remember pointless [censored].

I would think that you're probably looking for people who are job rich and happen to play (TSP is reportedly another example) than people who are really rich off of playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

DidsIsRight.

in a similar vein, i'm gonna throw out stoxtrader as a possibility.

GOODBEATGUY2001
12-10-2005, 02:08 PM
The Zed Man is right. When I saw him playing at a side game at River Rock, it seems like he had the poker room's entire inventory of chips in his stack.

nolanfan34
12-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Another vote for Ray Zee here. I think he may actually own Montana.

NLSoldier
12-10-2005, 10:33 PM
did that lapoker17 thread get deleted? the link didnt work for me

scotty34
12-11-2005, 12:43 AM
How much do some of the big time affiliates make per month?

Enon
12-11-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My affiliate before the split claims to have made 150k/month profit and I know for a fact that he was one of the biggest on Eurobet.

Colonel Kataffy
12-11-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My affiliate before the split claims to have made 150k/month profit and I know for a fact that he was one of the biggest on Eurobet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh. It would be better if he claimed to be one of the biggest for Eurobet and you knew for a fact that he made 150/month and most importantly identified him as a 2+2er.

Nightwish
12-11-2005, 06:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Diablo has a regular job? I thought he was some bum grad student at a certain university? And if he does have a regular job that pays that much (I have an idea of what those jobs are), I cannot possibly see how he could have this much time to post on 2+2. I call BS on the whole thing.

12-11-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ignoring any "celebrities" that come to these boards who do you think is the richest 2+2er?

[/ QUOTE ]
Scheisse!!

TheWorstPlayer
12-12-2005, 01:09 AM
OK, we know JV and stox make millions playing poker each year. I'm gonna guess that stox also has a very well paying day job. We know Paluka plays 300/600 with a bankroll from working, not playing poker. We have had thebadguy described as "a really rich guy from India who obviously does not care at all about money".

I think that due to the fact that Paluka and stox are both apparently in finance-related jobs they are probably in the 20-50 million net worth ballpark. This is good. However, wealth from business ventures will easily surpass this. Therefore, I'm guessing that either thebadguy or someone else who has access to insane amounts of business-related wealth is the richest 2+2er.

And my friend's dad is one of the richest 20 people in the world, I believe. This seemed like a good thread to post that piece of information.

astroglide
12-12-2005, 01:14 AM
wow

TheWorstPlayer
12-12-2005, 01:18 AM
I know

astroglide
12-12-2005, 01:19 AM
lol

TheWorstPlayer
12-12-2005, 01:24 AM
ok, I can let you get the last word since that seems to be important to you today

ZeeJustin
12-12-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that due to the fact that Paluka and stox are both apparently in finance-related jobs they are probably in the 20-50 million net worth ballpark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget that Paluka was a professional Magic player for quite some time. This should at least triple whatever your estimate would be without factoring Magic in. Did you know he even has a card with his picture on it?!

TheWorstPlayer
12-12-2005, 02:05 AM
[censored], I overlooked that. Now my careful calculations all come crumbling down. I'm gonna have to change that precise estimate of 20-50 million to 20-100 million now. Thanks, ZJ! (And congrats.)

ggbman
12-12-2005, 04:48 AM
I would be seriously surprised if either Pauluka or Stox were worth 25% of the low end of your range. I could be wrong though.

12-12-2005, 04:53 AM
I am.

NLSoldier
12-12-2005, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would be seriously surprised if either Pauluka or Stox were worth 25% of the low end of your range. I could be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty sure he was being sarcastic...

Paluka
12-12-2005, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are insane mentioning me in this thread. There are 2+2ers who have won more at poker THIS YEAR than I have to my name.

Paluka
12-12-2005, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, we know JV and stox make millions playing poker each year. I'm gonna guess that stox also has a very well paying day job. We know Paluka plays 300/600 with a bankroll from working, not playing poker. We have had thebadguy described as "a really rich guy from India who obviously does not care at all about money".

I think that due to the fact that Paluka and stox are both apparently in finance-related jobs they are probably in the 20-50 million net worth ballpark. This is good. However, wealth from business ventures will easily surpass this. Therefore, I'm guessing that either thebadguy or someone else who has access to insane amounts of business-related wealth is the richest 2+2er.

And my friend's dad is one of the richest 20 people in the world, I believe. This seemed like a good thread to post that piece of information.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

MaxPower
12-12-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious with this post.

These young guys have money, but they are not wealthy. If you want to figure out who are the wealthiest 2+2ers look to the older members of the forum. I have an idea who they might be, but I'm not into gossiping.

TheWorstPlayer
12-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Then why are you posting in this thread?

And obviously my post was a joke. Get a clue, boys.
Edit: Just so that you boys on the short bus can laugh at my really funny joke with the other kids...it was a joke playing off of the fact that stox has linked to screenshots of winning 200+ in a month or so, that Paluka has posted 3/6 hands and also stated that he did not build his BR by playing poker but rather from working, that JV posted in the MHNL forum that he made 6 figures per month from poker and also in the MHFL forum that he made millions from playing poker, and that aggie first described tbg in a funny (racist?) way before he started posting here.

BarronVangorToth
12-12-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You are insane mentioning me in this thread. There are 2+2ers who have won more at poker THIS YEAR than I have to my name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but, Chris, don't forget about the X dollars you made playing Magic -- granted, you have to subtract the money you spent on cards, hotels, airlines, food, cabs, parking, sleeves, etc etc -- but still that obviously must be in the bazillions since, after all, all pro Magic players net (net, not gross) bazillions from MTG.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

TheWorstPlayer
12-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I forgot stox's "This database shows you how to run good to the tune of 1K/hr" thread. Sorry, stox. Didn't mean to let your efforts go unappreciated.

stoxtrader
12-12-2005, 11:38 AM
I don't think I have ever linked to screenshots on 2+2, can you please link me to where I did that? Not someone else doing it please.

TheWorstPlayer
12-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Do you own research, man. I think my efforts in this thread have already gone above and beyond the call of duty.

stoxtrader
12-12-2005, 12:44 PM
let me rephrase.

I am accusing you of incorrectly saying I have linked screenshots of my play showing a very high winrate on 2+2.

I have never done this, so please do not say otherwise.

TheWorstPlayer
12-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Let me clarify: are you mad about the fact that in my joke post in this thread in NVG I stated that you had linked to a screenshot of yours when really someone else did? Even though the screenshot really is yours and it is an accurate portrayal of your results over that period?

Did someone else also start the thread attempting to sell your hand database? I just also want to give you the opportunity to clear that one up, too, in case I was mistaken in that claim as well.

sfer
12-12-2005, 01:04 PM
I work in finance too but I'm not a baller so put me in the the single digit million range I guess.

stoxtrader
12-12-2005, 01:09 PM
yes, my annoyance stems from the fact that I have purposefully avoided screenshot style bragging posts.

To be accused of doing so, whether the initial post is a joke or not, the accusaton was not. Thus I take issue.

TheWorstPlayer
12-12-2005, 01:22 PM
OK, I will stipulate that you have successfully avoided screenshot style bragging posts here and have limited yourself well to database style bragging posts. Only others have linked to your screenshot style bragging posts on your own web site, you have not done so personally.

B Dids
12-12-2005, 01:56 PM
I think that long term your yearly earn might surpass some of those poker players though.

You're likely to be pulling over x a year in 10 years right, are they?

Paluka: a good long term investment!

Paluka
12-12-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm going to get rich by shorting Dids.

B Dids
12-12-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm not even sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure some kind of buy fat, sell skinny plan would be a good idea.

Diplomat
12-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Dids, that's exactly what it is.

Running poorly?

-Diplomat

SossMan
12-12-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I work in finance too but I'm not a baller so put me in the the single digit million range I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, how can you even afford rent?

TheWorstPlayer
12-12-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think that's the kind of "speculation" the OP meant.

astroglide
12-12-2005, 03:53 PM
are you unsure about whether you have a million dollars?

thatpfunk
12-12-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I want every type of speculation possible. This thread is for wild, unsusbstatiated rumors. This is the gossip forum and I'm just trying to do my part.

Voltron87
12-12-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I want every type of speculation possible. This thread is for wild, unsusbstatiated rumors. This is the gossip forum and I'm just trying to do my part.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this thread is so awesome

TheWorstPlayer
12-12-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I'm being retarded or if you are but I meant that you wanted
[ QUOTE ]
speculation: Reasoning based on inconclusive evidence; conjecture or supposition.

[/ QUOTE ]
but you got
[ QUOTE ]
speculation: Engagement in risky business transactions on the chance of quick or considerable profit

[/ QUOTE ]

In any case, I think that stox is worth the most of any 2+2er. But I only know that from info that he did not link to on this site, so it is pure speculation at best. Although I do have it on good basis that he makes 1K/hr playing poker.

12-12-2005, 10:58 PM
if you ever lived in nyc you could find people with a few million who think they are not wealthy. not many but a few

thatpfunk
12-13-2005, 01:38 AM
twp,
the second type of speculation made me chuckle, so it is very welcome in this thread.
(the thread is a joke... /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

NLSoldier
12-13-2005, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you ever lived in nyc you could find people with a few million who think they are not wealthy. not many but a few

[/ QUOTE ]

i am always facinated by what prompts people to make their first post.

TheWorstPlayer
12-13-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(the thread is a joke... /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]
so you're saying I wasted all this time on research? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

TStoneMBD
12-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Hi guys

Diplomat
12-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Hey man, what's shakin.

-Diplomat

Justin A
12-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Hey.

12-13-2005, 10:42 AM
maybe they have been banned under a different screen name?? just speculation

TStoneMBD
12-13-2005, 07:24 PM
btw the pokeravi business has been appraised at 5 billion shnagoogles.

DarthIgnurnt
12-13-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would lay money that the richest poster on this forum has less than 200 posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct, sir.

BottlesOf
12-14-2005, 11:36 AM
It depends what you mean by "have a few million." People not familiar with NYC real estate would be surprised to know how little $1M gets you.

david050173
12-14-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It depends what you mean by "have a few million." People not familiar with NYC real estate would be surprised to know how little $1M gets you.

[/ QUOTE ]

And people from NYC would be surprised at how little most other people care about thier inflated real estate values /images/graemlins/grin.gif I once read a whine from Ted Turner on how he didn't have a lot of money now that TWX is 1/5 of its peak stock value. His definition of not a lot of money is a bit different than mine....