PDA

View Full Version : Booze, Weed, and Amoxicillin

Andrew Fletcher
12-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Anyone have any good stories about mixing either booze or weed with Amoxicillin? We have rubgy elections tonight (lots of drinking) and I'm taking Amoxicillin for an infection.

Should turn into a good story.

jakethebake
12-09-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any good stories about mixing either booze or weed with Amoxicillin? We have rubgy elections tonight (lots of drinking) and I'm taking Amoxicillin for an infection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Booze reduces the effectiveness of most antibiotics. Usually they say on the package not to drink with them. They won't get you any more [censored] up though if that's what you're asking.

xadrez
12-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Nothing special will happen if you mix alcohol/weed with Amoxicillan.

So, no purple elephants or anything, Sorry to disapoint.

Cumulonimbus
12-09-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Booze reduces the effectiveness of most antibiotics. Usually they say on the package not to drink with them. They won't get you any more [censored] up though if that's what you're asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought alcohol helps to carry prescription drugs into the bloodstream, consequently enhancing the effects?

mrkilla
12-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Yea enjoy getting sicker when the antib's don't work cause you killed it with Booze.

Smoke if you want, AntiB's arent "narcotics" . they have no reactions really. Enoguh of them will only get you sick not high

Rduke55
12-09-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought alcohol helps to carry prescription drugs into the bloodstream, consequently enhancing the effects?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alcohol is synergistic with some prescription drugs but it has to do with interactions in the brain (in the example of booze and painkillers, they affect the same receptors in teh brain) not because of some kind of pharmacokinetic effect.
And what would increasing the speed of antibiotic absorbtion do that you would enjoy?

xadrez
12-09-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amoxicillan is an antibiotic. This class of drug has absolutely no recreational value, and you will derive no high from it.

Alcohol will definately potentiate the effects of certains classes of commonly abused drugs like barbituates (quaaludes), benzodiazepines (valium, xanax), opiates (oxycontin, vicodin), and skeleto-muscle relaxers (cyclobenzaprine).

Victor
12-09-2005, 05:00 PM
you will definitely get a different kind a buzz when drinking on antibiotics. its not too intense you are just a little lighheaded and groggy i guess.

its very very bad for your liver tho.

Andrew Fletcher
12-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Man, this thread is a buzz killer.

So I should drink? Damn.

xadrez
12-09-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you will definitely get a different kind a buzz when drinking on antibiotics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but this is a placebo

Victor
12-09-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my friends and i have drank and done way more drugs than you could concieve so stfu. im right and youre wrong.

xadrez
12-09-2005, 05:19 PM
I didnt know this was a pissing contest on who's more hardcore. Congratulations You Win!

Next time you and your friends have an Antibiotic party be sure to invite me, sounds like a blast!

Victor
12-09-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didnt know this was a pissing contest on who's more hardcore. Congratulations You Win!

[/ QUOTE ]

damn straight and dont you forget it.

cdxx
12-09-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my friends and i have drank and done way more drugs than you could concieve so stfu. im right and youre wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

amoxicillin is going to do zippy. you should graduate to allergy medicine

jakethebake
12-09-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
amoxicillin is going to do zippy. you should graduate to allergy medicine

[/ QUOTE ]

I recommend something with codeine in it. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=exchange&Number=4088820&S earchpage=1&Main=4088820&Words=lean+jakethebake&to pic=&Search=true#Post4088820)

mmcd
12-09-2005, 06:20 PM
You have to open the capsule and snort it if you want to feel any effect.

Rduke55
12-09-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes perfect sense. You're wonderful.
I used to run into people with this attitude (I do drugs so you can't teach me anything about them) in a drug class I taught (on the mechanisms of drugs, not any do or don't do drugs thing). I always wondered why they took the class (some told me after the semester that they thought it'd be cool and they could find out new ways of getting high).
Stick with those antibiotics though. They really mess you up when they combine with the Zima. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Skipbidder
12-09-2005, 07:11 PM
I am not aware of any effects of combining alcohol and amoxicillin. There is an antibiotic that you'll want to avoid mixing with alcohol, however. It is metronidazole (Flagyl). You're likely to get something called an Antabuse (disulfiram) reaction. That's take the fun out of the evening.

jakethebake
12-09-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not aware of any effects of combining alcohol and amoxicillin. There is an antibiotic that you'll want to avoid mixing with alcohol, however. It is metronidazole (Flagyl). You're likely to get something called an Antabuse (disulfiram) reaction. That's take the fun out of the evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man. Antabuse is some nasty stuff. I had two buddies in the Marines that got kicked out for failing alcohol rehab. They were involved in several incidents and finally the CO put them on antabuse. They had to go to the duty hut and the officer of the day would watch them take it every day. Then they would go back to the barracks and drink and throw up and drink and throw up until they could finally hold it down. Good times.

Victor
12-09-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Makes perfect sense. You're wonderful.

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed thank you.

[ QUOTE ]
I used to run into people with this attitude (I do drugs so you can't teach me anything about them)

[/ QUOTE ]

i am smarter than you.

InchoateHand
12-09-2005, 07:33 PM
I like Victor. He's the sort of guy who smokes crack, but also snorts Zoloft, and still thinks the latter does something.

manpower
12-09-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was on Flagyl once for an infection. Man, he ain't lying about not drinking on that stuff. I tried twice and threw up both times after one beer.

12-09-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to run into people with this attitude (I do drugs so you can't teach me anything about them)

[/ QUOTE ]

i am smarter than you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really, you live in Cleveland.

Rduke55
12-12-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i am smarter than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess so, considering that you're telling a psychopharmacology professor (me) that you get high off of antibiotics. Do you ever try to get high by holding your breath for a really, really long time? Try it. It's awesome.

Although I can't agree with tho other guy's comment since I'm from Cleveland, (but moved to White Sox nation, then to Nashville).