PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 BB play (poor play?)

slavic
07-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Paradise 10 handed, first hand in the BB don't know a soul in the game.

Four callers to me I have Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Flop is 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I check , EP bets, 3 callers to me, I call.

Turn:Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

I check, EP bets again, 1 MP caller to me, I checkraise, EP thinks a long time and then makes it 3, MP calls 2 cold, I call.

River 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

I bet, call, call

J.R.
07-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Flop: Fold.

Turn: Ok, but oops on the 3-bet

River: I would have asked for the same river card, but i'm not good enough to get it. I would try to check-raise here as MP has soem sort of flush draw and EP has a hand (plus maybe a re-draw). I would expect EP to bet here, and maybe you get lucky and MP has something to overcall with, but MP's coldcalling screams flush draw to me.

slavic
07-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Why fold the flop? I'm getting 9-1 from the pot to spike a 12 to 1 shot, it seems like an easy call since if I spike it somebody is going to call.

Turn: I watched the EP fold to a checkraise earlier I of course completely discounted MP which I probably shouldn't have. I think we can all see he is drawing to something.

Robk
07-15-2003, 12:10 AM
Why fold the flop? I'm getting 9-1 from the pot to spike a 12 to 1 shot, it seems like an easy call since if I spike it somebody is going to call.

You have to discount your outs for a couple reasons:
1. Anyone with a 6 will be chopping with you.
2. The 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif possibly gives someone a flush, and certainly gives someone a redraw.

Since you're taking the worst of it on the call as it is, I think the two flush/ possible chop makes it a fold.

slavic
07-15-2003, 12:30 AM
I hate fearing the flush but yes 1 of the outs is just plain dirty. The 3 queen outs are just plain uncertain and I may be drawing near dead versus a made although poorly handled straight.

I probably should have put the flop down as a check fold.

My check raise didn't work out too well either. If I had just bet out and then was raised, followed by a cold call I could have mucked with a clear mind. I was thinking I could at least get a free show down, if not an outright win. Instead I tied myself to a lead anchor of a pot.

slavic
07-15-2003, 12:37 AM
EP had K /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif (Pair Q's second kicker)
LP had 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif (two pair)

I had 3 outs from the start and the river was a miracle card. Playing like this no wondering I'm bleeding my bankroll. Thanks for the help.

Bob T.
07-15-2003, 12:38 AM
Ni han sir. I like how you played this hand. What part did you think you played poorly?

slavic
07-15-2003, 12:46 AM
Bob I've been running bad lately, and I'm not sure if it's cold deck or making marginal calls. When I started looking at hands I noticed I shy from 3 flushes too much. I litteraly gave away 100BB in 2000 hands by shying away from flush boards and that's quite a bit more than I would have lost. I implemented the plan here but in looking at the hand from behind, I was taking the worst of it throughout. Is that just a bad way to analyse play?