PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I'm fearing a straight flush.

Eeegah
12-09-2005, 03:38 PM
PFR's not been around much but I know he's very easy with the raise button. Don't know anything about the main villain.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

River: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ...

Bah hell. When's the last time I saw 4 to a straight flush on board? This sucks!

There's also case A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or a boat. I'm not particularly happy with any street except the flop here. Damn c/r whiffed, should I have just bet out? Am I 3-betting this river?

MrWookie47
12-09-2005, 04:00 PM
I think this is pretty solid. Good spot to check and see on the flop. You're not going to tknow what will happen if you bet out. On the river, sheesh. No way in hell am I 3betting. You're nowhere near the nuts. It's much closer to folding than 3betting. Getting 15:1, I think you can call, but if the pot was any smaller, you could likely find a fold.

milesdyson
12-09-2005, 04:05 PM
i think i just lead the turn.

on the river - 3-bet? what? no way.

Homer315
12-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Bet the turn. 3-bet if raised. I don't understand the turn CR. You probably lost at least one bet from UTG, who might have called one, but not two there.

Call the river.

12-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Man that river sux. You don't have the nut flush or str flush for that matter. I would just call down the river.

Aaron W.
12-09-2005, 04:34 PM
I might have check/3-bet the flop. You might get UTG to fold AK/KQ and make you really happy. And if he doesn't fold, it's okay because you've got two players in the pot with you, making your overcards + flush draw equity just barely ahead.

Bet/3-bet the turn instead of check-raising. You hope that UTG will call at least one of those bets.

The river is ugly. I'd bet-call the way I would have played it because the pot would have been extra bloated. As it is, the pot is just large enough that I think you're in position to pay it off. Be prepared for him to show down a winner most of the time.

Salva135
12-09-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man that river sux. You don't have the nut flush or str flush for that matter. I would just call down the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to nitpick here, but doesn't the 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif make the nut flush here?? The A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif makes the highest non-straight flush, but a str. flush is still a flush, and an ace-high flush is no longer the nuttiest of flushes.

Edit: Ehhh... whatever.

Shillx
12-09-2005, 04:49 PM
3-bet the flop.

Given how it was played, bet the turn. You likely would have been betting it anyway though.

River is the suck but why the worry about the straight flush? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Eeegah
12-10-2005, 01:59 AM
Because now I lose to 3 of the remaining 7 diamonds instead of just one /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I called. Villain showed 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Straights are awesome! He didn't stay very long.

ajm36
12-10-2005, 05:23 AM
You can lead the flop just to avoid it getting checked through w/o any donations. Once the turn card hits, I don't take my finger off the raise button until the next hand is dealt.