PDA

View Full Version : Deodorant Coming Off on Shirt

MrWookie47
12-09-2005, 03:28 PM
This is one of those weird things that annoys the hell out of me. I get up in the morning, jump in the shower, dry off, brush my hair, put on a little old spice, get dressed, and head into lab or whatever. I go do my work (or post in OOT), and when I get up for lunch, I look down at my shirt and see white stripes where there were none earlier. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's quite annoying when it does. It took me forever to figure out what was behind it, but I've deduced it to be, with reasonable certainty, the deodorant I had put on earlier migrated from my armpits to the outside of my shirt by some inexplicable force. So I have some questions, OOT. One, how does this happen? I put on my shirt and see nothing when I walk out the door, but my shirt is marred a few hours later. Is there a good way to prevent this? Also, is there a kind of deodorant that won't do this?

vexvelour
12-09-2005, 03:32 PM
It's god telling you he hates you.

Use the spray stuff, it doesn't come off.

Slow Play Ray
12-09-2005, 03:32 PM
wow. i have this same problem all the time, except i always notice right away. and i always get SO pissed at myself when i do it, because i just don't think. so stupid. you just have to be careful putting your shirt on, it's not complicated. just hard to get into the habit.

*Edit* oh wait, do you mean the deodorant coming through the shirt? i was referring to the shirt brushing up against the armpit when you're putting it on, and leaving white stripes somewhere near the bottom usually.

12-09-2005, 03:33 PM
It happens because you put your shirt on AFTER putting on your deodorant, so when the shirt goes over your head it rubs against your armpit.

Trick is to put the shirt on first and put the deodorant on under the shirt once it's on.

Alobar
12-09-2005, 03:34 PM
clear stick deoderant is supposed to help with this problem

If its from sweating alot, get something like drysol (its prescription, but you can get it via internet without one), and it pretty eliminates all sweat in the area, then theoretically you dont have to apply any deoderant at all. Or if you want, just a really really small amount.

LoaferGee12
12-09-2005, 03:35 PM
So THAT's what those white streaks are! All this time I thought it was something with the dorm laundry machines. Glad you made this post.

Shajen
12-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Hi, I'd like to introduce you to my friend, Mr Clear Gel deodorant:

http://www.manekineko.us/catalog/images/product/Mitchum_Clear_Gel_UnScented_enlarge.jpg

MrWookie47
12-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Hmmm. An interesting theory. I had made a habit of always putting on my deodorant first because one of my early hypotheses was that I was wiping the stick on my shirt somehow, despite my best efforts to avoid that.

Yeah, a stupid laundry machine was my even earlier theory.

12-09-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
clear stick deoderant is supposed to help with this problem

If its from sweating alot, get something like drysol (its prescription, but you can get it via internet without one), and it pretty eliminates all sweat in the area, then theoretically you dont have to apply any deoderant at all. Or if you want, just a really really small amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this:

Maxim antiperspirant (http://www.stopsweat.com/item/Maxim)

Works like a mofo.

ScottieK

BottlesOf
12-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Dude, don't use the white [censored] deodorant. Use the the roll on kind "Deodorant stick." It's usually a color like blue for old spice. Please note: this is completely different from the clear gel, which sucks.

IndieMatty
12-09-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, don't use the white [censored] deodorant. Use the the roll on kind "Deodorant stick." It's usually a color like blue for old spice. Please note: this is completely different from the clear gel, which sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

JBB is Right.

ibankonu
12-09-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It happens because you put your shirt on AFTER putting on your deodorant, so when the shirt goes over your head it rubs against your armpit.

Trick is to put the shirt on first and put the deodorant on under the shirt once it's on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you have to put the Deo on before you put the shirt on so that your deo can air dry.

mrkilla
12-09-2005, 04:36 PM
put deodarant on after shirt

BottlesOf
12-09-2005, 04:36 PM
I feel like whenever there's an issue like this we always agree.

Eurotrash
12-09-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JBB is Right.

[/ QUOTE ]

JBB is quite right. I had no idea the white deodorant was still produced/used any more; i thought that stuff went out with the 80s or at least early 90s. the clear gel as he pointed out is equally awful.

use the colored stuff that goes on clear fo sho.

12-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I used to get this. I only know of two solutions.

1) Change deoderant brands. Preferably something solid and/or clear.

2) Buy shirts the same color as your deoderant stains.

RunDownHouse
12-09-2005, 04:50 PM
I absolutely despise clear gel. Its the worst. Cold, always way too much comes out, sometimes it seems like it contracts/expands (I didn't think house temps fluctuated enough to cause it, but they do) and all the gel is either a million turns away from the top or you take the top off and a gooey mess comes with it.

I hate, hate, hate clear gel deodorant.

EDIT: [censored] me, why would I ever misspell "gel?"

ibankonu
12-09-2005, 05:02 PM
And when i am using a gel, as opposed to a white solid, I have found that i am much more likely to chafe if I am running or playing ball or something like that.

ThaSaltCracka
12-09-2005, 05:08 PM
use Old Spice High Endurance. Its white, but goes on clear, helps with the sweating, and never leaves lines behind. Do not use the gel, unless your pits don't get very hot. I used the gel for a little while and noticed that it appeared to "melt" under my arms, which resulted in mini waterfalls under my arms, which blew. The clear solid pwns, use it.

Ulysses
12-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Wookie,

http://www.zuckermanpharmacy.com/images/products/big/577478.jpg

kipin
12-09-2005, 07:36 PM
I see lots of people complaining about the gel, but seriously this stuff kicks ass.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008DPP2.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Much much better than any other gel deodorant I have used.

lapoker17
12-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Degree spray.

I've never understood why people like to reuse something that they rub on their armpits.

tonypaladino
12-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Wookie,

Spray deoderant is the answer. I never had deoderant on shirt problems since I switched. I use either Arrid or Old Spice