PDA

View Full Version : Cutting and Pasting Into Posts

MrWookie47
12-09-2005, 03:03 PM
One of the things I've been wondering about for a while now is why cutting and pasting seems to break links. If you write out a lengthy post in notepad, say, so that you can save it and not lose your progress should disaster strike, when you go to paste that post in to the post box, none of the links will work. The UBB code shows up as raw code, rather than a link. Does anyone know anything about this?

Lloyd
12-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Nothing other than this has been happening since the upgrade. I used to be able to do this perfectly prior to that.

astroglide
12-09-2005, 04:57 PM
line breaks are probably screwed up if you go from notepad

MrWookie47
12-09-2005, 05:05 PM
I have the same problem from Word, but I see your point. Do you have an alternative?

astroglide
12-11-2005, 04:21 PM
i don't employ the pasting practice much. i could try it from vim sometime, but i don't think you'd like that editor...

stabn
12-11-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't employ the pasting practice much. i could try it from vim sometime, but i don't think you'd like that editor...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that like WinVI?

astroglide
12-11-2005, 06:58 PM
i would guesstimate that vim has about 16 trillion times more users than winvi

bobbyi
12-11-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that like WinVI?

[/ QUOTE ]
Vaguely. WinVI is a Windows-only notepad replacement that borrows what it can from vi. vim is essentially a vi replacement. It enhances old school vim by adding functionality people today expect like multiple undos. It's also cross-platform. Pretty much anyone nowadays who says that he uses "vi" as his editor probably actually uses vim (that includes me /images/graemlins/smile.gif). It won out as pretty much the standard vi implementation; I've never known anyone who actually used elvis, etc..

stabn
12-11-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that like WinVI?

[/ QUOTE ]
Vaguely. WinVI is a Windows-only notepad replacement that borrows what it can from vi. vim is essentially a vi replacement. It enhances old school vim by adding functionality people today expect like multiple undos. It's also cross-platform. Pretty much anyone nowadays who says that he uses "vi" as his editor probably actually uses vim (that includes me /images/graemlins/smile.gif). It won out as pretty much the standard vi implementation; I've never known anyone who actually used elvis, etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah ok. I haven't used VI or a windows close of VI since the last time i used unix, which was a long time ago /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Thanks for the info.

Lloyd
12-12-2005, 09:15 PM
If anybody can help me deal with the URL issues when pasting a long post I'd appreciate it. We're trying to get an FAQ up in MTT but it's proving to be difficult. You can see the file here. (http://www.provada.com/faqcomplete.txt)

thanks.

Mat Sklansky
12-13-2005, 02:36 AM
email this issue to weinstock@conjelco.com

Lloyd
12-14-2005, 11:59 PM
FYI I sent him an email. Still aiting to hear back.

Mat Sklansky
12-15-2005, 02:40 AM
forward your email to msklansky@aol.com. In fact, any issue that gets overlooked should be sent there.

thanks guys.

Mat

AngryCola
12-15-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If anybody can help me deal with the URL issues when pasting a long post I'd appreciate it. We're trying to get an FAQ up in MTT but it's proving to be difficult. You can see the file here. (http://www.provada.com/faqcomplete.txt)

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is your problem, Lloyd:

"What’s the best way to keep records on my MTT performance?
ExitOnly created a comprehensive Excel document for this purpose which he shares with anyone interested, or SnG tracker ( http://sng.pokercomment.com/) is a small piece of software which may also be handy."

The URL code is broken in the entire post when you leave a space between the "=" and address in any link.

Lloyd
12-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Unfreakin' real. You're awesome. I can't believe that one error breaks all the code but that's exactly what happened. Thanks so much.

MrWookie47
12-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Dude! Cola's gone red!

Surfbullet
12-15-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude! Cola's gone red!

[/ QUOTE ]

BottlesOf
12-15-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude! Cola's gone red!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide
12-15-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude! Cola's gone red!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

durron597
12-15-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude! Cola's gone red!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AngryCola
12-15-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude! Cola's gone red!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, you noticed. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Mat asked me to help him with some of the load. I'm able to look into stuff for you guys, too.

PoBoy321
12-16-2005, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude! Cola's gone red!

[/ QUOTE ]

I forget, that make him omnipotent or omniscient?

BottlesOf
12-16-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude! Cola's gone red!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, you noticed. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Mat asked me to help him with some of the load. I'm able to look into stuff for you guys, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of stuff? Stuff like The Lubjlana Conspiracy?

B Dids
12-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Cola,

I would like a Pony.

Dids

Sniper
12-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Pony for Dids...

http://images.forbes.com/media/lifestyle/2005/12/05/4_1205feat3.jpg

AngryCola
12-16-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What kind of stuff? Stuff like The Lubjlana Conspiracy?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I was basically talking about searching for users based on their IPs. But I'm sure you guys can find a few other uses for me.