PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles of Narnia (spoilers)

henrikrh
12-09-2005, 02:11 PM
I just saw The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. It was quite good, but the battles were a bit weak, I guess they had to keep the rating low cause there wasn't a single drop of blood. Not even after Peter impales a Wolf and Aslan tells him to clean his bloodied blade. Ovarall the movie was good though, and the only issues I had were the child actors being a bit weak, cept I think Lucy was pretty good.

I really didn't remember Santa Claus being in the original story, that was messed up. Oh, and I'm glad they didn't hype up the whole 'aslan is jesus' thing.

What did you guys think of it?

Songwind
12-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Santa Claus was definitely in the original story, that's where the kids got their spiffy weapons and whatnot.

It was the first concrete sign of the Witch's power weakening, because at the height of her power it was "always winter, but never Christmas."

I believe Lewis used the name "Father Christmas" rather than "Santa Claus"

ThaSaltCracka
12-11-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it, I thought it was an entertaining movie and the story kept me interested. I hadn't read the book before so everything was new for me, which I really enjoyed. The only real knock I can think of is that at no point during the movie do you think it is anything but a kids movie. I also found it to be pretty funny, however the most amusing part was them as young adults. Peter looked just like the King from BK. My friend and I both noticed that, and pointed that out loudly in the theater, which resulted in much laughter.

henrikrh
12-11-2005, 06:06 AM
Oh and there were a few weak set designs imo. In the scene where the river is melting and they have to cross...

1) The ice looks veyr proppy, especially when they ride it down river.

2) The ive looks 10x more solid closer to the wall of ice, yet they walk as close as possible to the right where the ice is already breaking.

ThaSaltCracka
12-11-2005, 06:08 AM
oh yeah, you are right, a few of the sets looked cheesy.

This movie kind of has a Labrynth feel to it.

fyodor
12-12-2005, 01:47 AM
Just saw it tonight with someone who had read it when she was 9. She said is scared her at the time. I had never read it but had a good idea what it would be about because of the trailers.

I thought it was a weakly done children's movie. Pretty boring. I thought the animals and stuff were pretty well done though.

She like it a lot and was dissapointed that I didn't.

diebitter
12-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Is this okay for a 10 year old? (sounds it so far)

What about a 6 year old boy? Too scary?

peachy
12-12-2005, 01:50 AM
are u kidding me? i saw this on friday...i thought it fell very short of the other movies and book...i was disappointed

when the sister yelled EDMONDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD at the end i laughed haha

SuitedSixes
12-12-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this okay for a 10 year old? (sounds it so far)

What about a 6 year old boy? Too scary?

[/ QUOTE ]

My 3 1/2 year old did fine. There are a few scenes were things jump out that scared her a little bit, but the length (2 1/2 hours) was more of an issue than the violence or anything. There are lots of gruesome monsters, so that may be an issue.

Terrabon98
12-12-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it, I thought it was an entertaining movie and the story kept me interested. I hadn't read the book before so everything was new for me, which I really enjoyed. The only real knock I can think of is that at no point during the movie do you think it is anything but a kids movie. I also found it to be pretty funny, however the most amusing part was them as young adults. Peter looked just like the King from BK. My friend and I both noticed that, and pointed that out loudly in the theater, which resulted in much laughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I thought it was good, and it was a nostalgic moment for me, as it brought me back to my younger days. Some of my friends didn't like it though, and I think much of the reason is that the movie really didn't try to appeal too much to anyone older. If you look at newer "kids" movies like Harry Potter, they still have some appeal to older people, but this movie was the first time in a while that I really felt like I was watching a PG movie.

Also Lucy's butter knife was sweet. It was pretty awesome how whenever she pointed it, the entire theater laughed.

istewart
12-12-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(spoilers)

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?

MINETZ
12-12-2005, 02:57 AM
I loved the book and old movie when I was a child and felt they really butchered this classic in this movie. Horrible acting, horrible battles, horrible character developement, some of the computerized animals looked retarted.