PDA

View Full Version : Everyday Dick Moves

12-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Inspired by the dickest moves thread. Thread for moves that aren't the dickest, but still can make others' lives somewhat less bearable.

1. When you go to lunch with someone from work, linger a moment as you're leaving the table. Then move his tip over to where you were sitting. Saves you a buck or two, and they spit on his food next time you go there.

2. Fart next to someone in a store, then get the hell out of there before the smell hits, so the other person takes the blame.

Paluka
12-09-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. When you go to lunch with someone from work, linger a moment as you're leaving the table. Then move his tip over to where you were sitting. Saves you a buck or two, and they spit on his food next time you go there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is super scummy. If I caught someone doing this to me I would do everything I could to ruin their life.

12-09-2005, 12:44 PM
This is one I hate when it's done to me.

You're in a long-ass line at a grocery store checkout (or wherever, really). A cashier opens a new lane, and the last guy in line hightails it over there along with everyone behind you. Pricks. I always offer the person in front of me to go over to the new line. This is why stores should go to a single-line, multiple checkout system.

You're waiting at the baggage carousel at the airport. God forbid you leave two feet between you and the carousel, because you KNOW some dick is going to squeeze in front of you and wait there. Oh, go ahead dick...I'm just standing here for no reason. If this happens, I usually push past them with a "'scuse me" when my bag comes out. Hitting them "unintentionally" with my bag is always an option.

We won't go into driving...I don't have that kind of time.

ScottieK

jba
12-09-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is super scummy. If I caught someone doing this to me I would do everything I could to ruin their life.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't agree more. some single mom is short a diaper now you dick.

cropdusting is a blast though.

kyro
12-09-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You're in a long-ass line at a grocery store checkout (or wherever, really). A cashier opens a new lane, and the last guy in line hightails it over there along with everyone behind you. Pricks. I always offer the person in front of me to go over to the new line. This is why stores should go to a single-line, multiple checkout system.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a supermarket cashier, I am with you on this one. However, one of the most annoying things is when you're already open (usually an express line), and there are 4-5 people in line in the other line, and you say "I can help someone over here" and all 5 people turn and stare at each other while the person in the back of the line is the only one who doesn't act like a moron.

samjjones
12-09-2005, 12:54 PM
When somebody is running and yells "hold the elevator please", I'm the guy that secretly hits the "close" button...

DrSavage
12-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Driving full speed in todays weather by someone who is digging out his car out of the snow covering him in mud head to toe. I had to go back home and change :/ Mother [censored].

Paluka
12-09-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Driving full speed in todays weather by someone who is digging out his car out of the snow covering him in mud head to toe. I had to go back home and change :/ Mother [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahah

TheMainEvent
12-09-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a supermarket cashier, I am with you on this one. However, one of the most annoying things is when you're already open (usually an express line), and there are 4-5 people in line in the other line, and you say "I can help someone over here" and all 5 people turn and stare at each other while the person in the back of the line is the only one who doesn't act like a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that everyone knows the guy in the front of the line has first dibs, but he doesn't always want to switch, so how long do you give him? If I'm second in line I'm always torn between not wanting to screw the guy in front but not waiting too long to claim my spot either.

12-09-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that everyone knows the guy in the front of the line has first dibs, but he doesn't always want to switch, so how long do you give him? If I'm second in line I'm always torn between not wanting to screw the guy in front but not waiting too long to claim my spot either.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm behind the next guy in line, I'll point it out to him and make him decide. If I'm that guy but don't want to leave (maybe I've only got a couple items or whatever,) then I'll say "go ahead" to the people behind me.

Of course the dick move is compounded when people behind you leave for the new line and don't let you go in front of them when you decide to leave too. Don't know why everyone is so paranoid to communicate to strangers in a grocery line, but whatever.

ScottieK

Shajen
12-09-2005, 01:09 PM
crop duster seems pretty standard here

Soul Daddy
12-09-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I never move as the guy in front of you. Too many savages don't accept my claim of dibs, and I end up losing my place in both lines. It's quite a bind.

dblgutshot
12-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Grocery store thing: When I'm at the back of the line if nobody makes a move for a couple seconds I'm there. Any longer and someone who wasn't even in the line will be there.

I don't agree with making one line/multiple cashiers tho. Some people like to gamble on their line! I pride myself on being pretty good at this. Sad, really.

diebitter
12-09-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kay this keeps coming up, and wikipedia talks about crop spraying... spill the beans to a n00b in this subject, willja?

MikeSmith
12-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Driving:

A temporary construction sign says lane closed ahead and people wait until the last second to get over, this is pretty much the cause of any construction traffic, and then when it gets really backed up people race down the open lane and try to get over, i never let these [censored] over.

Also when someone is trying to get over in the everyday situation and i use the stare ahead and act like i dont see them, its great.

chesspain
12-09-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

A temporary construction sign says lane closed ahead and people wait until the last second to get over, this is pretty much the cause of any construction traffic, and then when it gets really backed up people race down the open lane and try to get over, i never let these [censored] over.

Also when someone is trying to get over in the everyday situation and i use the stare ahead and act like i dont see them, its great.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I'm in-lane and fairly close to the merge point, I'll drift over a little so that my car is now partially blocking the outside emergency lane, so that no one can race up the side and try to cut in right at the end.

Georgia Avenue
12-09-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big fan of the reverse dick moves...

Also in traffic if there are jerks driving by on the shoulder and I'm in the right lane I'll move my car half way onto the shoulder so they cant wizz by. There's really no reason for this except vindictiveness...I should stop that...

TheMainEvent
12-09-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always race past everyone, because even though most people don't want to let you in you can always find a sucker.

12-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Im driving to work on a 45 mph, four lane, semi urban/industrial road. I am in the right lane and I see a tractor trailer making a right. I switch lanes and at no time do I drop below 45, but I make a pickup going about 55 pump his brakes a bit (keep in mind there was a row of traffic stopped infront of me for the big rig).

So I speed up and up to 65 and this guy is still completely in my trunk. I see a red light ahead, slow down and he zooms past me and pulls infront of me just to get to the light before I do.

Brom
12-09-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kay this keeps coming up, and wikipedia talks about crop spraying... spill the beans to a n00b in this subject, willja?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the event that occurs in OP's #2.

gamblore99
12-09-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to try and let the person in front of me go first, but after I lost my spot a few times switching over I don't do anyone favours. I also don't think there is anything wrong now with the guy at the back taking hitting up the new lane first.

12-09-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im driving to work on a 45 mph, four lane, semi urban/industrial road. I am in the right lane and I see a tractor trailer making a right. I switch lanes and at no time do I drop below 45, but I make a pickup going about 55 pump his brakes a bit (keep in mind there was a row of traffic stopped infront of me for the big rig).

So I speed up and up to 65 and this guy is still completely in my trunk. I see a red light ahead, slow down and he zooms past me and pulls infront of me just to get to the light before I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had some a-hole do something similar to me one day. Driving down a 50 mph two-lane road. I'm kinda neck and neck with another car in the left lane, doing a solid 55-60....no one else around. This AHOLE in a big truck is turning right onto this road I'm on, but he's got a merging lane...well first he thinks he's gonna get in front of me, so he speeds up. There was no f@#$ing way he'd make it.

I can't move over because I've got someone next to me, and I sure as hell am not going to slam on the brakes to let some slow-ass truck in. So the guy in the truck slams on his brakes when he realizes he's only going behind me - which he should have realized before he even tried. We look at each other as I zoom by, and he's cursing up a storm for his gf in the truck. He speeds up and tailgates me for a solid five miles. If I had even tapped the brakes, he would have rear-ended me. F@#$ing dick.

ScottieK

12-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Pickups should always have the right-a-way. Bigger pickups go before smaller ones.

Shajen
12-09-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the event that occurs in OP's #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of.

Except rather than blast one and then leave the area, you discreetly blow ass and move about the room/area allowing it to waft gently about the room. The crop duster is best utilized as a method of fart distribution, for those days when everyone should smell your rotten ass.

Cancuk
12-09-2005, 02:13 PM
i've read through the different dick moves.

I pretty much do everyone of them.

vexvelour
12-09-2005, 02:25 PM
I brake-check people like a mofo because everyone in Florida tailgates. This pisses me off the the extent that I don't give a [censored] if they hit my baby (car) because Florida's got the rear-end law: whoever hits you from behind is at fault no matter what.

On the same note, if we're on a one-lane road and someone behind me is tailgating, I go as slow as legally allowed.

dblgutshot
12-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Walking to my car in a busy parking lot (especially during christmas): I like to walk down the wrong 'aisle' to my car to get cars to follow me walking to get my spot then cut into my own 'aisle' so the guy who was following me doens't get [censored]. I get pleasure from this.

UCF THAYER
12-09-2005, 02:39 PM
That's mean.

lastcoyote
12-09-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I brake-check people like a mofo because everyone in Florida tailgates. This pisses me off the the extent that I don't give a [censored] if they hit my baby (car) because Florida's got the rear-end law: whoever hits you from behind is at fault no matter what.

On the same note, if we're on a one-lane road and someone behind me is tailgating, I go as slow as legally allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure tailgaters have a special place in hell reserved for them.

12-09-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Walking to my car in a busy parking lot (especially during christmas): I like to walk down the wrong 'aisle' to my car to get cars to follow me walking to get my spot then cut into my own 'aisle' so the guy who was following me doens't get [censored]. I get pleasure from this.

[/ QUOTE ]Truly evil, very nice.

jesusarenque
12-09-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always race past everyone, because even though most people don't want to let you in you can always find a sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is by far the worst "dick move" mentioned so far.

dblgutshot
12-09-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep someone will always eventually let you in, but i still hate the guys that do it. One of my proudest moments of my life was when I ran one of these guys off the road and he crashed into one of the trucks with the flashing signs behind it.

I feel no remorse for this.

edit: i didn't even really do anything. The traffic line pace picked up, and he kept trying to speed up to cut me off. My car has a lot more pull and so I just sped up as well. If he had just slown down there was a huge empty space behind me, but he kept trying to overtake me and ran into the truck. At the time of impact I was still under the posted (construction) speed limit.

Shajen
12-09-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Muthafuckas do this and they get got.

This is for real the only thing on the highway that absolutely makes me want to cut someone's throat. I can't stand assholes who do this. Self-important pricks.

Alobar
12-09-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time. I used to drive an old POS pick up truck and I was SEVERE with my brake checks. Now I drive something nice and dont do it as bad, because it would be waaaay to much of a hassle to get everything fixed if they actually did hit me.

I like when someone is tailgaiting me and in an obvious hurry to get by, and its a 2 lane road and someone slow is in the right lane, I'll just pace them so the guy behind cant get by. But for added fun ill slow down a little bit so the car on the right gets ahead, and then when the guy behind me jumps lanes because it looks like that lane will be faster, I speed up, and when he jumps back into my lane, I slow down again. good times

Boris
12-09-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is for real the only thing on the highway that absolutely makes me want to cut someone's throat. I can't stand assholes who do this. Self-important pricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

12-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Notice these moves (the cashier and the traffic) all involve what order we get somewhere.

The others primarily involve scents.

RunDownHouse
[ QUOTE ]
I like when someone is tailgaiting me and in an obvious hurry to get by, and its a 2 lane road and someone slow is in the right lane, I'll just pace them so the guy behind cant get by. But for added fun ill slow down a little bit so the car on the right gets ahead, and then when the guy behind me jumps lanes because it looks like that lane will be faster, I speed up, and when he jumps back into my lane, I slow down again. good times

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, "good times" is a perfect summation. I only wish I had a bit more patience to do it longer before I get bored and zoom off.

vexvelour
If some [censored] pedestrian in a parking lot walks out in front of my car and proceeds to walk really slow across the way, I put down my window and yell at them.

-Skeme-
12-09-2005, 03:36 PM
I toss cups of very hot water on frozen windows of parked cars on my way to work.

Reqtech
12-09-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is definitely a good everyday dick move.

Alobar
12-09-2005, 03:40 PM
thought of another traffic one. I get super annoyed with people in parking lots, who stop in the middle of the isle to wait for some car to back up so they can get the spot, when there are open spots not that far away, its jus they are to [censored] fat and lazy to walk. When I get in my car and someone does this [censored] behind me waiting for my spot, I just sit in my car like im going to back up, but then I just sit there and play with my radio until they finally get so impatient and pissed that they drive thru, then I immediately back out.

MikeNaked
12-09-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta do it Trader Joe's style: "I can help the next person in line."

daryn
12-09-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time. I used to drive an old POS pick up truck and I was SEVERE with my brake checks. Now I drive something nice and dont do it as bad, because it would be waaaay to much of a hassle to get everything fixed if they actually did hit me.

[/ QUOTE ]

am i the only one that doesn't care about tailgating when there's more than one lane? if a guy wants to go faster than me in a > 1 lane situation, he has the right to. if i'm in the left i will get over to the right so he can get by

Alobar
12-09-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

am i the only one that doesn't care about tailgating when there's more than one lane? if a guy wants to go faster than me in a > 1 lane situation, he has the right to. if i'm in the left i will get over to the right so he can get by

[/ QUOTE ]

its situationally dependant. I drive really fast anyway, so if someone is tailgaiting me they are hauling ass, but if its in a traffic situation it not like I can just let them by, so when they get RIGHT up on my ass it pisses me off, because there is no need for that. So I respond with equal dickishness.

I'll tailgate some [censored] whos cruising slow in the left lane on the highway for the same reason. Hes being an inconsiderate prick. In my case, I dont cruise down the left lane of a highway like an idiot, so im never confronted by tailgaters in that situation.

edtost
12-09-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

darynisright.

vexvelour
12-09-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its situationally dependant. I drive really fast anyway, so if someone is tailgaiting me they are hauling ass, but if its in a traffic situation it not like I can just let them by, so when they get RIGHT up on my ass it pisses me off, because there is no need for that. So I respond with equal dickishness.

I'll tailgate some [censored] whos cruising slow in the left lane on the highway for the same reason. Hes being an inconsiderate prick. In my case, I dont cruise down the left lane of a highway like an idiot, so im never confronted by tailgaters in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. Also, I have been tailed doing 70 in a 55 at night when it was pouring so hard you couldn't see anything. This is just downright dangerous and it freaks me out.

daryn
12-09-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. Also, I have been tailed doing 70 in a 55 at night when it was pouring so hard you couldn't see anything. This is just downright dangerous and it freaks me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, points taken, yet.. if someone is tailing me doing 70 in a 55 at night when it's pouring so hard i can't see, then i definitely don't want to be "f'ing with him" and i'd rather just move and let him pass me somehow. the guy obviously has no regard for danger in the first place. i don't think messing with him is the smartest idea. then again this forum isn't really full of einsteins.

vexvelour
12-09-2005, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't brake-check in that situation, I was just trying to show how freakin stupid tailgaters are and how dangerous it is to do anytime.

Alobar
12-09-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

ok, points taken, yet.. if someone is tailing me doing 70 in a 55 at night when it's pouring so hard i can't see, then i definitely don't want to be "f'ing with him" and i'd rather just move and let him pass me somehow. the guy obviously has no regard for danger in the first place. i don't think messing with him is the smartest idea. then again this forum isn't really full of einsteins.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. Me personally I wouldnt [censored] with someone in that situation, just because it seems so dangerous, id just let them go by. I like to pretend I pick my spots to do it in, but lets be honest, even [censored] with someone in a parking lot can get you shot in this day and age, so the smart play is to just let it all slide. But like you said, im not an eisntein and I have anger managment issues.

Reqtech
12-09-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slower traffic on right is a foreign concept to some people, I guess.

Turtle races is a much dicker move than using the full lane to merge.

brettbrettr
12-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Elevator

Guy who is obviously late gets inpatient with old lady who takes way longer than is necesarry getting out of the elevator. Guy gives lady a dirty look, mumbles under his breath. I hit every button between the floor we're on and the one he's trying to get to.

I'll let you decide who the bigger dick is.

SippinSoma
12-09-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't brake-check in that situation, I was just trying to show how freakin stupid tailgaters are and how dangerous it is to do anytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

You definitely do not want to brake-check a RWD car in pouring rain at 70 mph with a retard behind you.

daryn
12-09-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Elevator

Guy who is obviously late gets inpatient with old lady who takes way longer than is necesarry getting out of the elevator. Guy gives lady a dirty look, mumbles under his breath. I hit every button between the floor we're on and the one he's trying to get to.

[/ QUOTE ]

he then has all that extra time to beat you to a pulp in the elevator

Andrew Fletcher
12-09-2005, 04:39 PM
NH, sir.

daryn
12-09-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You definitely do not want to brake-check a RWD car in pouring rain at 70 mph with a retard behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what is this brake-check stuff? like tapping your breaks if someone is behind you? has anyone except me ever not done this?

jakethebake
12-09-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you or the old lady? I'll say you were.

Homer
12-09-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had some a-hole do something similar to me one day. Driving down a 50 mph two-lane road. I'm kinda neck and neck with another car in the left lane, doing a solid 55-60....no one else around. This AHOLE in a big truck is turning right onto this road I'm on, but he's got a merging lane...well first he thinks he's gonna get in front of me, so he speeds up. There was no f@#$ing way he'd make it.

I can't move over because I've got someone next to me, and I sure as hell am not going to slam on the brakes to let some slow-ass truck in. So the guy in the truck slams on his brakes when he realizes he's only going behind me - which he should have realized before he even tried. We look at each other as I zoom by, and he's cursing up a storm for his gf in the truck. He speeds up and tailgates me for a solid five miles. If I had even tapped the brakes, he would have rear-ended me. F@#$ing dick.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

If the road is fairly empty and someone starts tailgating me like this, I won't hit my brakes. I'll just let off the gas until I'm going so slow that he gets pissed off and passes me.

jakethebake
12-09-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the road is fairly empty and someone starts tailgating me like this, I won't hit my brakes. I'll just let off the gas until I'm going so slow that he gets pissed off and passes me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I do too.

Yeti
12-09-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so what is this brake-check stuff? like tapping your breaks if someone is behind you? has anyone except me ever not done this?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Time for an embarrassing story.

Years and years ago, my friend used to tell me how his dad would tap the brake with his left foot whilst still accelerating with his right. So he'd maintain the same speed but the guy up his ass would think he was braking. Haha, good times.

Anyway, skip forward a few years, I get my licence. Driving home one night, I decide to try this. Wow. You have no idea how powerful your left foot becomes from pressing the clutch all day. Car was all over the show skidding, luckily I didn't hit anything and the road was empty. Seriously terrifying.

I can't imagine that is what the guys in this thread are doing (surely they're using their right foot?), but, regardless, I won't be trying that again.

TheMainEvent
12-09-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Time for an embarrassing story.

Years and years ago, my friend used to tell me how his dad would tap the brake with his left foot whilst still accelerating with his right. So he'd maintain the same speed but the guy up his ass would think he was braking. Haha, good times.

Anyway, skip forward a few years, I get my licence. Driving home one night, I decide to try this. Wow. You have no idea how powerful your left foot becomes from pressing the clutch all day. Car was all over the show skidding, luckily I didn't hit anything and the road was empty. Seriously terrifying.

I can't imagine that is what the guys in this thread are doing (surely they're using their right foot?), but, regardless, I won't be trying that again.

[/ QUOTE ]

How humiliating. I can't believe you posted that.

KaneKungFu123
12-09-2005, 04:51 PM
When I hand the a mo-cy 10 baht and he nods his head and speeds off robbing me of my 3 baht change.

ibankonu
12-09-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why if there is a backup like this, I hedge out into that lane that is closing and continue at the same speed so that i am still "in line", but none can get around me. Plus if you are doing this, the guy behind you always sees whats up and saves your spot for ya.

KaneKungFu123
12-09-2005, 04:58 PM
http://www.horsedrivingtrials.co.uk/images/brit_ipc_hopetoun_2004.jpg

12-09-2005, 05:15 PM
If it's daytime, instead of tapping the brakes just turn your headlights on and off. It'll take him awhile to realize it's not your brake lights.

astroglide
12-09-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is [censored] dude

djoyce003
12-09-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I drive a full size truck, when I see some moron pull this stunt, I pull over and get into both lanes so that they can't get past me...then I work with the guy behind me to wedge the guy in and to not let him in....no way in hell is he getting past me.

djoyce003
12-09-2005, 05:58 PM
not a move I pull but one that pisses me off is the person in the express lane at the grocery store with 50 items. I will stand behind them and in a very loud voice say " i guess some people have a hard time counting to 15". they are generally relatively uncomfortable by the time they get done checking out....i made some dude drop a bunch of stuff one time, it was pretty funny.

dblgutshot
12-09-2005, 06:00 PM
So basically we learn OOTers are dicks and make a lot of dick moves, but also hate other people that make dick moves and get revenge by making an even bigger dick move.

snowden719
12-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Just so you know, the biggest cause of traffic jams is not the people who race up but the people who refuse to let them in. If you let them merge rather than trying to cut them off you wouldn't force them to stop and get in by forcing cars behind you to slam on the breaks to let them in.

12-09-2005, 06:10 PM
I don't know if this qualifies as a dick move or not.

I take my junk mail (especially credit card offers), and stuff everything (including the original envelope -- sometimes other junk/garbage) back in the pre-paid response envelope and mail it back to them. I sometimes add a post-it note asking if they can throw it away for me.

dblgutshot
12-09-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I take my junk mail (especially credit card offers), and stuff everything (including the original envelope -- sometimes other junk/garbage) back in the pre-paid response envelope and mail it back to them. I sometimes add a post-it note asking if they can throw it away for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I'm going to start doing this.

KaneKungFu123
12-09-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think thats a dick move to yourself.

Allinlife
12-09-2005, 06:13 PM
why are these dick threads so damn popular

i think it's sad

Leaky Eye
12-09-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong. It is most effecient if everyone uses every last inch of the closing lane to merge. And the cause of the slowdown is uncooperative merging. The merging would be uncooperative no matter if it took place ten miles back, or at the last second. But using all of the available lane allows the most throughput for a given stretch of road. So I hate to tell you guys, but by not letting people in you are the dicks and are slowing everyone down.

TheMainEvent
12-09-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So basically we learn OOTers are dicks and make a lot of dick moves, but also hate other people that make dick moves and get revenge by making an even bigger dick move.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more of an 'America' thing than an 'OOT' thing

GoCubsGo
12-09-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I currently have a POS but I'm always scared to do brake checks because the tailgating ass hole usually has 100 pounds on me. If he hits me, it's obvious that I was just trying to get him to stop tailgating, so in his eyes, the accident is my fault and I am a moron. I don't want to get my ass kicked. Anybody have experience with this?

Leaky Eye
12-09-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Most people are so self absorbed that they take everything that happens on the road as some sort of personal interaction. Its just traffic man. That's how traffic works.

TheMainEvent
12-09-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I currently have a POS but I'm always scared to do brake checks because the tailgating ass hole usually has 100 pounds on me. If he hits me, it's obvious that I was just trying to get him to stop tailgating, so in his eyes, the accident is my fault and I am a moron. I don't want to get my ass kicked. Anybody have experience with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably start keeping a handgun in your glove compartment

CollinEstes
12-09-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong. It is most effecient if everyone uses every last inch of the closing lane to merge. And the cause of the slowdown is uncooperative merging. The merging would be uncooperative no matter if it took place ten miles back, or at the last second. But using all of the available lane allows the most throughput for a given stretch of road. So I hate to tell you guys, but by not letting people in you are the dicks and are slowing everyone down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. This is one 100% correct. It is a merge so if everyone just merged at a steady pace instead on cramming into the one lane a 2 miles ahead of the end it would run smoothly.

jakethebake
12-09-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Experience with what, being a pussy? No. Sorry.

Brainwalter
12-09-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why if there is a backup like this, I hedge out into that lane that is closing and continue at the same speed so that i am still "in line", but none can get around me. Plus if you are doing this, the guy behind you always sees whats up and saves your spot for ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY sir. A guy did this last night and I backed him up. It lasted abouta quarter mile at 10 MPH and I was LMAO the whole time.

Brainwalter
12-09-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. This is one 100% correct. It is a merge so if everyone just merged at a steady pace instead on cramming into the one lane a 2 miles ahead of the end it would run smoothly.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO, the one lane is a bottleneck. Throughput is the same regardless of where the merging takes place, it is almost always a function of only the one lane.

Merging COULD be done at the last second, but this wouldn't speed things up, and if people are merging earlier, and you uncooperatively try to skip all of them, you're the dick.

david050173
12-09-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Most people are so self absorbed that they take everything that happens on the road as some sort of personal interaction. Its just traffic man. That's how traffic works.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats girly car/ wimpy driver talk. Real men don't get passed by anyone /images/graemlins/grin.gif. You need to read some of the car centric boards to get a feel for some of these people. Once you realize that they are "racing" not "driving" you will understand why they can be such aholes on the road.

The other issue is the people that are self absorbed enough not to notice anything that happens on the road. You can decide which is worse.

B Dids
12-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Regarding tailgating.

I'll move over if I can- but if somebody is riding my bumper and I couldn't possible go faster or move over, I will slow the [censored] down and make their life difficult. Frankly- I am a GREAT arbiter of how fast to drive, so if you want to go faster than me you're an idiot anyway, and if you're trying to crawl up my ass and it won't get anything done, we'll be doing it at a speed where you might not kill me if you hit me.

I also will do the "move over slightly to block off somebody trying to skirt by on the right when there isn't really a right lane" If Seattle people know the part of I5 just south of Northgate where you enter onto 5 from Northgate way- people are horrible there.

If somebody edges into a crosswalk that I'm in, and they're just looking hella impatient, I'll slow way down. On the other side, if they stay back and don't creep up, I'll hustle out of the way.

As my friend and I were talking about today, sometimes if somebody is being an idiot and not looking where they're walking, I'll let them run into me instead of moving. This is a good move if you're me, because they're mos def getting the bad end of that impact. (I'll only do this if they're just doing something exceptionally dumb when they should be walking).

theTourne
12-09-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO, the one lane is a bottleneck. Throughput is the same regardless of where the merging takes place, it is almost always a function of only the one lane.

Merging COULD be done at the last second, but this wouldn't speed things up, and if people are merging earlier, and you uncooperatively try to skip all of them, you're the dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Brainwalter is right. It doesn't matter if everyone merges at the last second, or a mile back when they first see the contruction sign, the total system speed will be the same. Normal people are angry because a couple assholes cut down their individual wait time, and add to everyone else's.

Leaky Eye
12-09-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Brainwalter is right. It doesn't matter if everyone merges at the last second, or a mile back when they first see the contruction sign, the total system speed will be the same. Normal people are angry because a couple assholes cut down their individual wait time, and add to everyone else's.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are volumes of research on traffic patterns done by nearly every city state and national government in the world. They make for interesting readin when you are REAL bored.

The reason this is wrong is because traffic does not resume normal flow once it becomes one lane, or less lanes. The longer the lane restrictions the lower the throughput. Queueing prior to merging makes this area of lessened flow longer. And the merging difficulties are EXACTLY the same at the moment of queueing. If there is pavement that can hold a car, you want a car on it.

Leaky Eye
12-09-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TY sir. A guy did this last night and I backed him up. It lasted abouta quarter mile at 10 MPH and I was LMAO the whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely hope that people that do this get tagged for failing to follow even the basic rules of the road. Were I a cop I would give every one of them a careless.

MikeSmith
12-09-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be one of those guys that saves a minute of their time to cause problems for everyone else, if the sign is ten miles back and everyone has merged MERGE!!!!!!!!! There is a reason they put the sign back so far its not an accident.

ISF
12-09-2005, 10:44 PM
Dont know if this is everyday but several times when people took my laundry out of the washing machine to use it and placed on a surface that was dusty I have urinated in their laundry.

Leaky Eye
12-09-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be one of those guys that saves a minute of their time to cause problems for everyone else, if the sign is ten miles back and everyone has merged MERGE!!!!!!!!! There is a reason they put the sign back so far its not an accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be one of those guys that votes based on your personal wild speculation about the politicians motivations instead of trying to determine the effect of their policies. (Everything that is wrong with American democracy)

And yes my post is a much more sensible response to yours, than your was to mine.

Brainwalter
12-09-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are volumes of research on traffic patterns done by nearly every city state and national government in the world. They make for interesting readin when you are REAL bored.

The reason this is wrong is because traffic does not resume normal flow once it becomes one lane, or less lanes. The longer the lane restrictions the lower the throughput. Queueing prior to merging makes this area of lessened flow longer. And the merging difficulties are EXACTLY the same at the moment of queueing. If there is pavement that can hold a car, you want a car on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK well I'm not an expert, but longer lane restrictions are not the same as cars in unrestricted lanes merging early. You might be right, but I'm not willing to concede that everyone merging half a mile earlier has the same effect as the lane restriction starting half a mile earlier. At least not without evidence.

tonypaladino
12-10-2005, 02:16 AM
When I am crossing in a crosswalk, it seems that most drivers trying to make the turn fail to realize that I have the right of way and give a horn tap. As soon as the motherfuckerasswad taps on the horn I stop dead right there in the middle of the street and just stare at the driver for a good 5 minutes blocking traffic. Once this happened as I was lucky enough to be carrying a bolt cutter I had just bought at Home Depot. I got out of the guys way and as he passed I smashed his tail light in with the bolt cutter. Good times.

Edited for stupid speeeellling mistakee

dblgutshot
12-10-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I am crossing in a crosswalk, it seems that most drivers trying to make the turn fail to realize that I have the right of way and give a horn tap. As soon as the motherfuckerasswad taps on the horn I stop dead right there in the middle of the street and just stare at the driver for a good 5 minutes blocking traffic. Once this happened as I was lucky enough to be carrying a bold cutter I had just bought at Home Depot. I got out of the guys way and as he passed I smashed his tail light in with the bold cutter. Good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just scares me.

Blarg
12-10-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big fan of the reverse dick moves...

Also in traffic if there are jerks driving by on the shoulder and I'm in the right lane I'll move my car half way onto the shoulder so they cant wizz by. There's really no reason for this except vindictiveness...I should stop that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this. Screw 'em. You can get a whole other lane going on the shoulder of the road when people do that, each car scooting up to cut in, often doing it dangerously, making it takes way more than twice as long for you when it already takes 15 minutes in grid locked traffic to get up an onramp. I'd have to be insane to give a damn about those creeps not getting their fair chance to jam in front of me.

P.S. A great pleasure of having a crap car, admittedly one of the very few, is when you see guys trying their "ballsy" moves of scooting toward your car like if you don't move and let them in you'll get hit, so you've gotta move cuz you don't have the stones to stop them -- and staying where you are while they steam and have to give up. It's a soothing feeling when their dickless ways don't get them ahead for once because you both know that if there's a collision, they're going to be the one coming out the worse for it. Sure buddy, crash your sweet new ride into my old beater. I'll be crying so hard to lose a few more flakes of rust. And any time you want to hand me a few hundred bucks, I'm up for it. Allah akbar!

mikeyvegas
12-10-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I am crossing in a crosswalk, it seems that most drivers trying to make the turn fail to realize that I have the right of way and give a horn tap. As soon as the motherfuckerasswad taps on the horn I stop dead right there in the middle of the street and just stare at the driver for a good 5 minutes blocking traffic. Once this happened as I was lucky enough to be carrying a bolt cutter I had just bought at Home Depot. I got out of the guys way and as he passed I smashed his tail light in with the bolt cutter. Good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boltcutters, wow.

12-10-2005, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bolt cutters, huh. I wouldn't have corrected you

Blarg
12-10-2005, 06:00 AM
Good thing. You don't want to end up another member of the thumb jar he keeps on his nightstand.

tonypaladino
12-10-2005, 07:25 AM
stop telling people about the jar /images/graemlins/mad.gif

mblax10
12-10-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is definitely a good everyday dick move.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought this was called a Mexican speedtrap, don't remember the origin. I also like to pull this move whenever the situation allows.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Just went to Von's for some salmon/bagel breakfast action. Total was 10.98. Gave girl 15, got 4.02 back. Left Von's. Saw guy with a Santa hat, ringing the bell for the salvation army. He had no legs and was using a voice-box to speak. I reached in my pocket, around the 4 bills, grabbed the two pennies, and made my donation. He said merry xmas, I said have a nice day.

jdl22
12-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Jihad,

How is that bad? Instead of giving nothing you gave $.02. While that doesn't make you a saint or anything, it's still actually is better than nothing. It's not like giving a waitress a 2 cent tip, nobody got slighted here, especially considering you're likely not the type to give anything.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-10-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
especially considering you're likely not the type to give anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be very willing to wager that I am in the upper 1% of donators at this site, to include all of the retardedly rich posters. Internet <> RL.

jba
12-10-2005, 09:10 PM
so here's a dick thing I did the other day

I'm in a car sharing group, which basically means there's a whole bunch of cars parked all over the city that I can jump in and drive.

so I schedule a car and the person before me is wicked late returning it, like over 30 minutes. meanwhile my chips are being blinded off.

the person finally shows up, I get in and call the company and tell them I think there is a smell of smoke in the car but not really sure, get off the phone and roll up the windows and fire up a blunt. propably resulting in an extra $50 pop + possible cleaning fees.

OtisTheMarsupial
12-11-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So basically we learn OOTers are dicks and make a lot of dick moves, but also hate other people who make dick moves and get revenge by making an even bigger dick move.

[/ QUOTE ]

That about sums it up.

Johnnyj580
12-11-2005, 06:04 AM
I hope this wasn't posted b/c I'm too tired to read through the whole post.

People who fill up thier goddam waterbottles at the gym when you're waiting in line behind them for a few precious sips. "Its ok fuckhead, finish filling up your gallon jug. Why would you go to the water fountain that gets the least traffic?"

Johnnyj580
12-11-2005, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aahahaha. I do the exact same thing. The true challenge in this is keeping a straight face as you see the despair in thier face when you switch rows.

Isura
12-11-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you. But I hate the sucker more. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

dblgutshot
12-11-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aahahaha. I do the exact same thing. The true challenge in this is keeping a straight face as you see the despair in thier face when you switch rows.

[/ QUOTE ]

An important thing to do is when you are about to switch rows, get your keys out so they stop and think you have just reached your car. Even better if you walk behind a big truck or van so they can't can't see you and just wait for your car to pull out.