PDA

View Full Version : Omaha High - Get All Your Money in Preflop with AAxx?

Utah
07-14-2003, 05:25 PM
I have been playing Omaha High Pot Limit a lot lately and I am getting killed with AAxx preflop. However, this could simply be the result of either standard deviation or bad play and I am not sure which.

My strategy has been to limp, hope to get raised, and then reraise like hell if given the opportunity.

I have been doing this since I saw the players at the World series two years ago do this in the big pot limit game (e.g, I saw devilfish and another player both put in about 50k a piece before the flop. Devilfish with AA doublesuited anf the other player AA, 7,9 of a different suit). Also, Bob Ciaffone's Pot Limit Book and TJs book both seem to advocate this type of play.

Is this strategy correct and are AA that big of favorite to warrant such a move?

Also, I dont raise if the other two cards are completely disconnected. However, I will with a hand like AA,Q, 6suited with an A).

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Ray Zee
07-14-2003, 08:32 PM
if you can get it headup and most of your money in then it works. otherwise the opponent will have a big playing advantage over you if he can put you on aces. and most people will only put alot in before the flop with them so its an easy person to play against.
aces are not a big favorite over the hands that give them action.

Louie Landale
07-15-2003, 12:53 PM
Yes. There value drops drastically against more than one opponent.

gambelero2
07-16-2003, 05:30 AM
What are the real odds?

1. AAxx once suited versus the best two hands (selected without knowledge of the AAxx hand), best three hands, best four hands etc. Obviously you may go from 60% to 25% heads up to against four players respectively and still have way the best of it--especially if there is some dead money in the pot.

Aragorn
07-27-2003, 11:31 AM
If you don't, you are giving your hand away.