PDA

View Full Version : A3s river action

pauliewalnuts
12-09-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm curious as to what you guys would do on the river here. This guy could literally have anything.

Party 3/6

Folds to thee HJ(LAP) who limps, Poster checks, button folds, SB completes, I check in the BB with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Flop(4sb)2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I bet, HJ folds, poster calls, SB folds

Turn(4BB)6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, poster calls

River(5.66BB)J /images/graemlins/club.gif

I???

SenecaJim
12-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Assume sb folded on flop? Loose player could have stayed with backdoor and picked up flush draw on turn. Maybe has A diamonds. Probably has a pair. HU, I would probably take a stab at this with no reads on player

12-09-2005, 12:00 PM
It's very possible you're ahead here, though I see no value in betting this river. We're good very rarely when we are called, and are unlikely to fold out any stubborn A-high hands. For this reason, I like check/calling to induce a bluff from a busted draw, or missed overs.

Simply check/folding may be superior, though I'd likely check/call here as the pot is kinda decent.

pauliewalnuts
12-10-2005, 03:37 AM
I'm not usually one to bump my posts and I know this isnt a sexy hand, but knowing the right spots to call the river with A high is something I'm really trying to work on.

Hoping a few others could chime in...