PDA

View Full Version : Multiway action. Putting on the breaks with Jacks,

SNOWBALL138
12-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Happy Holidays everyone. Take a look at this hand for me?

The player that made open queens on sixth street was both loose and passive, so I thought it was somewhat possible that my jacks up were good, but I didn't see that much value in betting because of the combined possibility of someone else having me beaten, the player with queens up having me beaten, the possibility of getting outdrawn on the river, and the relative improbability of my hand improving.

If the open QQ was somewhat more aggressive, I would probably bet sixth so I could stop a bluff on the river. As It was my plan was to fold to a bet by anyone on the river. These players were too passive, and the open QQ + the pot size and the betting action so far discourages a bluff too strongly already.

Anyone play sixth street differently or analyze it differently? Anyone bet the river?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

Seat 1: $75.75
Seat 2: $99.75
Hero: $148.32
Seat 4: $272.87
Seat 5: $33.34
Seat 6: $141
Seat 7: $51
Seat 8: $181.25

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

4th Street - (4.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___folds
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls

5th Street - (4.00 BB)

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

6th Street - (8.00 BB)

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks

River - (8.00 BB)

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks

Total pot: (8.00 BB)

Roland
12-09-2005, 12:37 PM
I play it the same.

Mac
12-09-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too

/images/graemlins/club.gif unrelated - I almost just got into my first at work fist fight /images/graemlins/club.gif

- Mac

PoorLawyer
12-09-2005, 03:44 PM
I dont think there is anything else you can do here.

Spladle Master
12-09-2005, 06:29 PM
I play it the same.