PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Free for Two Weeks! w00t! - NSFW

12-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Two weeks ago today at 10am I had my last cig. Smoking for me has been a 20 year habit (I’m 35), so it's big deal for me. If I had known it was going to be this easy I would have done it years ago.

Back story: I got back from a trip to PA (where you can still smoke in the bars) and I was feeling like shat from gunning four packs in three days. I was out side to smoke the 10am butt and I saw there was only one left. Since I really didn’t feel like even smoking the 10am butt I thought to my self "Let see how long I can go w/o smoking". Before I knew it was the end of the day, then two days, and so on.

So I quit cold turkey sorta by mistake. Other than feeling a little annoyed the first couple days everything has been cool. I even have been out drinking a few times with not real bad issues. It's good to be smoke free and $75 richer!

Thanks for reading, here are some boobs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/acme401/pimp5.jpg

McGahee
12-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Congratulations - I decided to quit on Monday, but caved last night when I went out drinking, and it's carried over to this morning. This happens to me like every 6 months. I hate myself for it.

12-09-2005, 11:00 AM
I feel for you man. I dont think I could do it if I lived in a state where you could still smoke at the bar. That would be my biggest pitfall. Since you cant smoke any place in Mass and I dont smoke in my house, I was just getting sick of it. When it's time to quit, it's time to quit...

vexvelour
12-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Acme-

Congrats on quitting! I have been tossing around the idea for a while now. One of my biggest hangups is that for the most part I only smoke when I'm in my car. I am in my car quite a lot. Did you have this problem and if so, how did you handle it?

DrSavage
12-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Good for you! Reading this made me want to go smoke though, brb.

chesspain
12-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Keep up the good work! FWIW, I would advise you to not be too cocky about how easy it will be to remain nicotine-free. In other words, don't try to convince yourself that you can be a social smoker by having an occasional, single cigarette.

chesspain

P.S. You are young enough so that within 10-15 years (if you remain nicotine-free), your risks of developing a smoking-related illness will drop to nearly the same as for those who never smoked. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Noo Yawk
12-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Way to go. It's been @ 3 years for me.

I'm going to make a suggestion. Join a gym. If you concentrate on your health you'll not only want to stay smoke free, but prevent yourself from the inevitable weight gain.

Stay with it.

imported_The Vibesman
12-09-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Acme-

Congrats on quitting! I have been tossing around the idea for a while now. One of my biggest hangups is that for the most part I only smoke when I'm in my car. I am in my car quite a lot. Did you have this problem and if so, how did you handle it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I tried to quit I actually started by not smoking in my car. Then a week later, stopped smoking in the morning. And so on, until I was back up to ten a day.

12-09-2005, 11:10 AM
vexvelour - All the triggers, driving home, eating, watching a movie, winning a big hand in p*ker, all still make me want to have a smoke, but I've just said no. When it gets really bad I have smoked a little weed, but just enough to get your mind off of it. Other than some self medication and a shat load of gum, it's all will power.

Noo Yawk - Rejoined the gym last monday. I have to get back in to shape anyways. Qutting smoking just helps. I am going to miss leaving the gym and lighting up and freaking out all the people I just worked out with /images/graemlins/smile.gif Ahhh nothing better than the post workout smoke /images/graemlins/smile.gif

12-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Congrats Acme and everyone else who quit, keep up the good work!

12-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Congrats! I quit cold turkey a few years ago when I had my kids, but started up again like an idiot. I quit again last January until I just bought "one little pack" for a home p*ker game. I know I need to stop soon...don't want to be dragging a big O2 tank behind me when I get old(er).

Hang in there and stick it out, man!!

jba
12-09-2005, 12:14 PM
congrats dude

I've been off the smokes for like 2 years, and now I have a recurring addiction to nicorette. all the pleasures of smoking without the grossness. it's terrible, I've quit about three times but I'm a mess. lots of respect for you quitting cold turkey.

oh and very nice rack

12-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks everyone. And for all the kind words, a little repayment. Here is that same girl making out with my friend Allie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/acme401/pimp2.jpg

12-09-2005, 12:17 PM
I had my last cig on monday. I was coming down with a cold - and I regretted that last smoke. Tuesday I had a doctor's visit - and got on zyban. The doc suggested tapering down every day.. but since I had a cold, I didn't want to smoke anyway. Yesterday was day #3 and it sucked... and now it's Friday - and I feel like a new person. I'm pretty confident I can keep it up.

...congrats to those who have quit.

TiK
12-09-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm going to make a suggestion. Join a gym. If you concentrate on your health you'll not only want to stay smoke free, but prevent yourself from the inevitable weight gain.

Stay with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going on two months now, and I just recently joined a gym. I second Noo Yawk's suggestion that you join a gym. And congrats, by the way.

Edit: I read a bit further now and see that you did rejoin a gym. Yeah, post-workout cigarettes were the [censored].
-TiK

jackdaniels
12-09-2005, 01:44 PM
I thought someone was offering a free 2 week supply of smokes. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Kidding! Congrats man. I have quit in the past and my downfall was having that one social smoke (in my 6th(!) month of quitting) - now back to almost half a pack a day /images/graemlins/frown.gif

flatline
12-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Its easy to quit for a short time. Two weeks isn't that long. Right now you're running on the excitement of quitting. If you are still smoke-free in four months, the you might be able to say that you have quit. Unfortunately the chances of that happening are low.

Georgia Avenue
12-09-2005, 01:54 PM
acme,

please shut up about your smoking habits and post more pix/stories re: them boobs. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've been off the tabbacy for...almost 3 years I think. I'm very glad, but I still smoke a pipe/cigar every now and then...ANWAY...you were saying?

"So we were playing pool the other night..."

Go On,
--GA

jackdaniels
12-09-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"So we were playing pool the other night..."

Go On,
--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please pardon our interruption. Go ahead.

12-09-2005, 02:05 PM
"So I'm playing pool at Allie's 30th B-day party we all of a sudden!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/acme401/pimp4.jpg

And I'm like WOW!

lol! Other than getting them kissing for the camera (i'm good at getting girls to do that) not much happened. The manager came over to tell the girls to knock it off. Gee guess who was gay?

Me and my bitches
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/acme401/pimp.jpg

I hate that pic because I look about 900 pounds...

jba
12-09-2005, 02:12 PM
"I hate that pic because I look about 900 pounds... "

ya but with all those hos up on you, at least 1/3 of that must be your hog

dblgutshot
12-09-2005, 02:24 PM
jba,

I'm smoke-free 2 weeks today also!

Also, nice boobies

vexvelour
12-09-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
vexvelour - All the triggers, driving home, eating, watching a movie, winning a big hand in p*ker, all still make me want to have a smoke, but I've just said no. When it gets really bad I have smoked a little weed, but just enough to get your mind off of it. Other than some self medication and a shat load of gum, it's all will power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the ideas. My boyfriend quit cold turkey a year ago and I get crap from him every single day since then. I've really never tried to quit. It's funny though, you get to a certain point where you light one up and you're like "ew, I don't even want this, but I do, but I don't.."

Congrats again.

12-09-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Keep up the good work! FWIW, I would advise you to not be too cocky about how easy it will be to remain nicotine-free. In other words, don't try to convince yourself that you can be a social smoker by having an occasional, single cigarette.

chesspain

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to reiterate this, as this happened to me. I quit for a couple of months, and my wife was a social smoker, so I thought I could be too. I fell right back off the wagon and have had trouble quitting again.

Just say no.

12-09-2005, 06:03 PM
I want to quit (rational thing to do) but life without cigarettes just seems so boring. Maybe it isn't.

dblgutshot
jba,

I wasn't meaning to address my previous message to you. This one is however, correctly adressed.

Embaressed,
dbl

4_2_it
[ QUOTE ]
I hate that pic because I look about 900 pounds...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't put you an ounce over 600lbs in that picture /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit - of course we need to see more pictures of the girls to get a better estimate of your true weight.

12-09-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to quit (rational thing to do) but life without cigarettes just seems so boring. Maybe it isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, this was one of my big Questions. What the F**k do people who dont smoke do?

I've been drinking /images/graemlins/smile.gif