PDA

View Full Version : What caused this re-emergence of Risk?

Slow Play Ray
12-09-2005, 10:30 AM
First, I have seen posts about Risk here every day for the past week or so (which I have basically ignored), and now my buddy send me this on AIM:

[ QUOTE ]
M****: so we might play some lord of the rings risk tonight
M****: oh ya
M****: the game of global domination

[/ QUOTE ]

so what gives?

samjjones
12-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Don't you know the p**** boom is over? All the cool kids are playing RISK now. I predict that MONOPOLY will be the next cool thing to do.

Vavavoom
12-09-2005, 10:36 AM
I so rule at online Monopoly.....

samjjones
12-09-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Where does one go about playing this? Perhaps you can organize an OOT game?

codewarrior
12-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Risk is lame. Somebody bring back Axis and Allies.

diebitter
12-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Any love for Civ/Civ2 here?

Slow Play Ray
12-09-2005, 10:53 AM
what about my question, damnit?

diebitter
12-09-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what about my question, damnit?

[/ QUOTE ]

dagnabbit suits you better.

bicyclekick
12-09-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

raises hand.

12-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Nuke Zone baby! Now THATS a good OT game.

BCPVP
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

raises hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

diebitter
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

raises hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe you didn't mention how much you accrued in your average game in casual acknowledgement /images/graemlins/grin.gif

samjjones
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Even better. I'd be up for a game of this. Of course, it would probably take a month to finish it.

Slow Play Ray
12-09-2005, 10:59 AM
i hate you guys.

wh1t3bread
12-09-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Even better. I'd be up for a game of this. Of course, it would probably take a month to finish it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. Great game though.

Arnfinn Madsen
12-09-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to play a game online. After all, I had my 15 minutes of fame from playing Monopoly. Still, occasionally I run into somebody saying: "Oh, you are that Monopoly guy /images/graemlins/smile.gif". Was surprised though to hear a guy on radio critizise my playing style a few months later, so I obviously have some leaks /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Where can this game be played online?

diebitter
12-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Happy Birthday Arnfinn. Drinking to excess tonight, in fine viking tradition, I hope?

Arnfinn Madsen
12-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks Diebitter. We have quitted plundering British villages and raping British women (guess we are related /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) but we have kept the drinking part of the tradition /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

ChipWrecked
12-09-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

raises hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually SMAC (Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, ran Civ II engine)

diebitter
12-09-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Diebitter. We have quitted plundering British villages and raping British women (guess we are related /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) but we have kept the drinking part of the tradition /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ayyy, an I be proud to have the blood of vikings and pirates in me veins! Arr!

Vavavoom
12-09-2005, 11:17 AM
***GAMES***

1.Monopoly is available on www.games.com (http://www.games.com) (Bad first link)

** as is Scrabble but thats too easy to cheat at**

2.I wouldn't mind Command & Conquer RA as a OOT tourney game...

WDC
12-09-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ayyy, an I be proud to have the blood of vikings and pirates in me veins! Arr!

[/ QUOTE ]

me too. My grandafther, who came to America, from Northern Ireland, used to love to tell people that he wasn't Irish but "part any goddamm boat that ever landed on the northern coast. The women in my family have always been whores." It still cracks me up. I tried to get it on his tombstone but for some reason my mother wouldn't have it.

McGahee
12-09-2005, 11:24 AM
The Ukraine is weak.

diebitter
12-09-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

me too. My grandafther, who came to America, from Northern Ireland, used to love to tell people that he wasn't Irish but "part any goddamm boat that ever landed on the northern coast. The women in my family have always been whores." It still cracks me up. I tried to get it on his tombstone but for some reason my mother wouldn't have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL! That's a great story! We need more of this and less of the 'here's something unpleasant I did once' type things.

Arnfinn Madsen
12-09-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Probably our common grandgrandgrand......father was celebrating the birth of your grandgrandgrand -1......father by drinking beer from your "official" grandgrandgrand........father's skull.

MMMMMM
12-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Risk was always a great game; glad to see it finally getting the play it deserves;-)

ChipWrecked
12-09-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Probably our common grandgrandgrand......father was celebrating the birth of your grandgrandgrand -1......father by drinking beer from your "official" grandgrandgrand........father's skull.

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy Birthday Leif!

AM, I mean /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Richard Tanner
12-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Slow play, to answer your question, it's probably a case of someone introducing Warfish.net to the OOT masses and the OOT masses enjoying any form of competition between themselves.

Cody

samjjones
12-09-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Slow play, to answer your question, it's probably a case of someone introducing Warfish.net to the OOT masses and the OOT masses enjoying any form of competition between themselves.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
The warfish interface is really bad. There's gotta be something better out there.

Richard Tanner
12-09-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
The warfish interface is really bad. There's gotta be something better out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think so, I don't have a problem with it, I found it fairly user friendly the first time I played.

Cody

Arnfinn Madsen
12-09-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Happy Birthday Leif!

AM, I mean /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, just a reminder of how civilized they were:

[ QUOTE ]

The Danish Vikings had gone ashore on the green island called Ireland. They were in the mood for robbing, and they were determined not to return empty-handed. They saw the name Wexford Inn over the door of an old house. Therefore they knew that the town was Wexford.

They quickly found the way to the monastery.

They met a few persons on their way, and two of them were not fast enough to run away. .

. and they were brutally killed.

The Vikings were not nervous. They had attacked and robbed monasteries before, and they knew that the monks were peaceful and that their religion forbade them to use weapons.

They drew their weapons and attacked the monastery. The big door was closed, but the Vikings used a log of a wood as pile driver, and soon the door was smashed.

The Vikings entered the monastery. As they had hoped the monks did not attack them. They only took their crosses and lifted them towards the sky and prayed to their God.

The Viking had no respect for the fine things. They smashed everything they saw. Only gold and silver had their interest.

The monks finally offered them a lot of gifts to leave the monastery and spare their lives.

The Vikings accepted the gifts, but when they had got them, they continued the looting.

The Vikings put gold and silver into their sacks of flax. There were candlesticks of copper, crosses and many other valuable things from the monastery.

Now the Vikings just had one last little problem. FOOD!

They had eaten it all and they couldn't find the larder. They looked for the larder in the whole monastery, and at last they found a little door.

When they opened the door they saw plenty of nice looking food. They eat as much as they could, and took the rest with them.

Now everybody could leave satisfied.
Egill Halfredson was looking forward to his wedding with Tora.

On their way back to the boats they caught ten young men and girls, who were meant to serve as slaves for the rest of their lives.

The Vikings also set houses on fire, and then they left Wexford .. . . .

[/ QUOTE ]