PDA

View Full Version : Only in a Vegas 60-120

Lee Jones
07-14-2003, 03:36 PM
I don't remember the exact details, because I was just watching the game (a Bellagio 60-120), and the hand didn't start out that interesting, but...

I think there was a preflop raise, but I could be wrong. Either way, the flop is A-T-5 rainbow and we're heads-up. It's check by a youngish guy (in the blind maybe), bet from a solid-seeming MP and youngish guy calls.

Turn A-T-5--4. Check, bet. Young guy goes into tank. Obviously not sure what to do.

And all of a sudden it hits me - he's got a gutshot draw! He calls.

River A-T-5--4--3. And young guy bets out.

I'm thinking, "I could almost lay down a set here, because it just doesn't matter, you're going to get shown a wheel."

MP looks /forums/images/icons/confused.gif and calls. YG turns over X2 where X is like the Unicorn of Stars or an equally relevant card.

MP looks surveillance camera-ward and slowly shakes head. I leave, sure that my friend, who is in the game, is about to get rich.

Regards, Lee

pufferfish
07-14-2003, 05:09 PM
YG learned that by playing online. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

pf

andyfox
07-14-2003, 06:58 PM
4 limpers, a raise from the button. Both blinds call, so seven players see the flop of Q-J-T with two clubs.

All check to the button, he bets, everyone folds.

Everyone.

Six limpers (or the equivalent thereof) and nobody could call a Q-J-T flop.

Kevin J
07-14-2003, 07:16 PM
Even if you KNEW he had a gutshot, it seems the question now becomes, how often does he bluff? If so, the pro probably needs to call, because couldn't the kid just as easily have had something like QJ?

CrackerZack
07-15-2003, 12:41 PM
Vegas 6-12 or 8-16, I don't remember it was a while back...

I open-raised UTG+1 with JJ, the next 8 players decide they all like their hands for two bets each...ok, i got my set value. Flop is Qxx, I make the bet and pray (dumb bet but not the point), all call. Turn K, I check, checked around, River A, checked around again. My hand is good. I was confused. Still am.

Nottom
07-15-2003, 03:32 PM
I think its obvious they had TT, 99, 88, another 88, 77, 66 55, and 22. I assume the board was Q34 since no one hit their set. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif