PDA

View Full Version : Couple hands from tonight

poker1O1
12-09-2005, 04:17 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed)
villian is 50/18/1.2
FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO raises</font>, 1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)</font>
Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Should I have c/r'd the flop?
Hand 2: villian is 58/10/1.8
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
5 folds</font>, MP3 raises</font>, Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

River: (10.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB
I planned on raising the turn but it got goofy
(P.S. what's wrong with the converters?)

12-09-2005, 04:59 AM
Hand 1 - I think if you're planning on continuing past the flop, you must check-raise the flop here. It's likely you have villain beat, and you have a perfect opportunity to isolate him on the flop.

Calling allows hands with outs to correctly peel the flop, and will often result in you being outdrawn.

Hand 2 - I think simply raising the flop is best here. It's likely BB is sharing some outs with MP3, or has an underpair, and therefore will be making a mistake by calling a raise.

Given his stats, I think MP3's cap is a little suspect, and think his range may be a little wider than normal. A read on his capping range would be very helpful, and would assist you in playing the hand out past the turn. Though, I think raising the flop and taking it from there is the right option here.