PDA

View Full Version : Computer restarting

12-09-2005, 03:17 AM
Whilst 4 tabling Party 2/4 and running Poker Office my computer decided to restart itself unexpectadely.
Any tech savvy people out there have any theories I am clueless???

Rick Nebiolo
12-09-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whilst 4 tabling Party 2/4 and running Poker Office my computer decided to restart itself unexpectadely.
Any tech savvy people out there have any theories I am clueless???

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to read the threads I've started during the last couple weeks. since I had a similar problem.

~ Rick

12-09-2005, 01:36 PM
its possible that while 4 tabling, that your video card is either pulling too much power from the power supply, or your video card is overheating, those would be my first two guesses

Freakin
12-09-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its possible that while 4 tabling, that your video card is either pulling too much power from the power supply, or your video card is overheating, those would be my first two guesses

[/ QUOTE ]

Insufficient power supply is definitely my first bet, though it shouldn't really be an issue for a bunch of 2d apps.

Is it restarting, or do you get a BSOD? Does this ever happen when you are running multiple memory-intensive apps?

IndyGuy
12-09-2005, 05:19 PM
If he's running with default settings, WinXP will restart rather than show a BSOD. It's configurable under My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Startup & Recovery.

Freakin
12-09-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he's running with default settings, WinXP will restart rather than show a BSOD. It's configurable under My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Startup & Recovery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even for memory errors?

Cause if so, that could easily be the culprit.

12-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Its impossible with out tweaking to make xp BSOD. That was the big selling point, but normally it restarts windows explorer (your desktop) before the whole machine restarts

12-09-2005, 09:50 PM
No BSOD and I can't recall myself running multiple memory intesive apps if poker isn't one.