PDA

View Full Version : 3rd hand from bad run

rkiray
07-14-2003, 02:52 PM
9 handed 2/4 game, 34% see flop, sb is loose aggressive, semi-maniac (45% flops, 22% bet/raise).

I'm in big blind with QQ. Everyone folds to sb. I guess this is what happens when you are running bad. sb completes, I raise.

Flop : 329r

check, bet, raise, raise, raise, call. This is looking like an instant replay of the other hand I posted.

Turn : 6
Exact same betting action. So I've been check raised twice, but don't see anything to be scared of. This is a semi-maniac, and he probably thought I was trying to steal preflop.

River : 4

Now it goes check, check. But I lose to a 29o, flopped two pair.

lil'
07-14-2003, 03:05 PM
Again, I wouldn't have thrown in that last raise after being check-raised a 2nd time on the flop. He's got something.

I guess I would have come through those 3 hands you posted with 4 more BB than you did. A better player might have saved more, though.

rkiray
07-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Yeah,

Maybe I was trying to hard to get out of the slump. Or maybe I picked the wrong hands to posts (more comments on that in last post). I generally like to play aggressive, and since I'm tighter than most people who play these limits, I think I present a pretty effective table image. But maybe I've been overdoing it lately.