PDA

View Full Version : Snow already!!!

Cubswin
12-09-2005, 02:19 AM
WTF... the radar is showing that we (DC burbs) are getting snow but i look out the window and none is falling. I dont want to go to work tomorrow. I cant be the only one looking out the window, having their hopes crushed. BTW, DC is full of snow pansies. Four inches of snow and people think the end is near... but im not going to complain if that means no work...

cubs

MyTurn2Raise
12-09-2005, 02:26 AM
well...silly Chicagoans think you can land planes in 10" of snow on the Nation's shortest runaway for an international airport.

It snowed big time here and, I must admit, shoveling sucks ass

12-09-2005, 02:30 AM
I'm in Michigan and we're getting snow like crazy right now..supposed to have 8 inches by morning I think. beh

Blarg
12-09-2005, 02:32 AM
Doesn't happen as often once you get out of your 20's.

Cubswin
12-09-2005, 02:33 AM
well... the SW flight left from Baltimore... i think that might explain the accident. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

btw... just after i finished posting it started snowing.... weeeeee

Brainwalter
12-09-2005, 02:39 AM
http://www.oxford.anglican.org/youthblog/archives/i_want_snow-thumb.jpg

IggyWH
12-09-2005, 02:43 AM
Pittsburgh's getting hit pretty good right now. Thank God for that too, it means no pouring concrete Friday /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I love the easy days. Although, [censored] will probably hit the fan when I go check temps tomorrow and the low is below freezing.

willie
12-09-2005, 02:49 AM
meh be glad you have a warm job

we're gettin like a foot here in new york tomorrow and i'll be outside workin from 8- till i die.

life is good

i'm goin to bed.

Slow Play Ray
12-09-2005, 08:49 AM
well, it's snowing like a bastard here (metrowest boston) now.

housenuts
12-09-2005, 08:52 AM
i would surmise that i'd eat the snow out of 80% of ootiots mothers' asses. i figure the average ootiot is only 18 thus their mothers are < 50. mmmmmmm brown snow

EMcWilliams
12-09-2005, 08:58 AM
I gotta walk a mile uphill to class in what I consider blizzard like conditions. THIS SUCKS!!! Boo for tests.

Evan
12-09-2005, 09:14 AM
It's snowing fairly hard in New York right now. Sucks that its a Friday and NYU will never cancel class anyway. Two years ago when we got a HUGE snowstorm that closed every school north of Richmond we were the only (yes, the only) school open. It took me 30 minutes to walk from 3rd Ave and 11th St. to Mercer and W. 4th. That really blew.

12-09-2005, 09:23 AM
I went to my brother's wedding in Milan, Italy last week. The wedding was on saturday. Overnight it snowed about 4 inches. At the reception, 30-40 year old people who had lived in Milan all their life said that's the most snow they had ever seen in the city.

Milan is an extremely dirty city. All the streets and buildings are covered in soot because there's so many diesel cars with very outdated emissions standards. It was warm enough for the snow to melt a little, so that of course means it became a dirty slush. Not nice to walk in when you're wearing a suit or a wedding dress.

ChipWrecked
12-09-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would surmise that i'd eat the snow out of 80% of ootiots mothers' asses. i figure the average ootiot is only 18 thus their mothers are < 50. mmmmmmm brown snow

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I *was* going to say that you can tell a lot of OOTers aren't at work because of the snow, it's really slow in here this morning.

samjjones
12-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Snowing pretty hard here in NYC. Thankfully, the commute was not too bad this morning.

ChipWrecked
12-09-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Snowing pretty hard here in NYC. Thankfully, the commute was not too bad this morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on the left coast, but a lot of our tri-state offices are closed, so it's pretty slow for me here in the NOC. schweet.

Shajen
12-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Here in the ATL most everyone waited til the sun came up to drive in. Apparently rain freezes at 35 degrees around here, or so the morons think.

Just glad the roads were pretty clear of traffic this am.

Snow down here sucks bad. Locks everything down.

12-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Weeeee! We are forcasted to get a farging FOOT of snow, but do we close? Nope. Bastards.

McGahee
12-09-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF... the radar is showing that we (DC burbs) are getting snow but i look out the window and none is falling. I dont want to go to work tomorrow. I cant be the only one looking out the window, having their hopes crushed. BTW, DC is full of snow pansies. Four inches of snow and people think the end is near... but im not going to complain if that means no work...

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

I would expect that wimpish behavior from DC, but Philly is the freaking Northeast - it snows in the northeast! Why is Philly full of snow pansies?

DeadMoneyOC
12-09-2005, 10:40 AM
YEah, there is a freaking blizard in bosotn and my classes are still a go. This is probably also going to cancel my trip to foxwoods tonight....so lame that classes arent canceled right now

12-09-2005, 10:43 AM
This sucks. My GF's company just canceled the x-mas party at the Rack tonight too! WTF?!?! I want my free booze and shrimp!!!! Stupid snow! Now I am going to have to get drunk at home tonight and *talk* to the GF. Ugh!

Mempho
12-09-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
YEah, there is a freaking blizard in bosotn and my classes are still a go. This is probably also going to cancel my trip to foxwoods tonight....so lame that classes arent canceled right now

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Memphis and my motto is that if I can't get to Tunica, then I can't get to work...'nuff said. I put this motto to the test last year.

BottlesOf
12-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Hahahha, that really sucks.

We were closed for a few days during that big one 2 years ago.

uw_madtown
12-09-2005, 12:15 PM
The idea of Wisconsin closing classes due to snow is laughable.

Even my high school was regularly the lone school open during snowy days. At best, we'd get a 2 hr delay. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Crveballin
12-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Yeah this is pretty pathetic in the DC area. They shutdown schools for the threat of snow. Unfortunately, I am "assential personnel at work" which means I always have to show.

soko
12-09-2005, 12:21 PM
I'm in the DC area too and all I can say is.

Pussy Snow.

I'm dissapointed, 3-6in my ass.

12-09-2005, 12:42 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!! My boss just came in and told me to go home!!!! WHOOOHOOO!!!!! I'M out of here suckers!!!!!!

Wow there are firsts for everything!!!!

asofel
12-09-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah this is pretty pathetic in the DC area. They shutdown schools for the threat of snow. Unfortunately, I am "assential personnel at work" which means I always have to show.

[/ QUOTE ]

heheh....so what exactly does it take to become 'assential'?

Evan
12-09-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, everyone was shocked. In other news walking to school today sucked HARD.

pokerdirty
12-09-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The one 3 years ago was worse, President's Day weekend... had like 2 1/2 feet of snow.

On going to class today, I was supposed to give a presentation on pedestrian signals on Bond Street & Lafayette today, but we didn't go outside due to the shittiness. I still had to present though /images/graemlins/mad.gif

fuego527
12-09-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=1#Post4149967 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4149967&an=0&page=1#Post 4149967)

theweatherman
12-09-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I gotta walk a mile uphill to class in what I consider blizzard like conditions. THIS SUCKS!!! Boo for tests.

[/ QUOTE ]

Long Islanders are such pussies.

Songwind
12-09-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It snowed big time here and, I must admit, shoveling sucks ass

[/ QUOTE ]

My snowblower has been the best buy I've made since moving to Minnesota.