PDA

View Full Version : (22) Top pair no kicker

golfcchs
12-09-2005, 02:09 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Hero (t1400)
CO (t755)
Button (t755)
SB (t2210)
BB (t320)
UTG (t1540)
MP1 (t1020)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t300</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls t250, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t700) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t400</font>, Hero raise all in t1100 SB calls t700.

SB has been kinda lagy. Given that is this an easy push?

Also does anyone not raise here (CO and Button have been tight)?

pergesu
12-09-2005, 06:15 AM
I would fold preflop.

Considering that your kicker just above the middle, your read is going to define your action here.

This is probably a question that really shouldn't even be asked, because if you're raising A9 in this spot then you should know what to do on this flop (again, because your specific read will dicate the action you need to take).

12-09-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does BB's stack change this?

golfcchs
12-09-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold preflop.

Considering that your kicker just above the middle, your read is going to define your action here.

This is probably a question that really shouldn't even be asked, because if you're raising A9 in this spot then you should know what to do on this flop (again, because your specific read will dicate the action you need to take).

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I was more interested in seing if other people raised in this spot. I think this is a standard push over a lagy player.

12-09-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I was more interested in seing if other people raised in this spot. I think this is a standard push over a lagy player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see this as anything but a standard fold. The way I see it you are in a good chip situation and have lots of time to sit back and pick your spots. Being in bad position with a very marginal hand and having the big stack yet to act makes this an easy fold. If you were SB and put the BB all in that would be correct IMO.

12-09-2005, 11:39 AM
PF I probably would have folded, and partly because of a LAG in the SB/big stack. Once you got to this flop, however, now I would push over like you did.

12-09-2005, 11:55 AM
You tested the waters by raising preflop, you got an answer. Now you have to assume SB is not playing nothing. I would fold to the raise.