PDA

View Full Version : Party Rakeback

morgant
12-09-2005, 01:31 AM
we are tired of these threads too. we ask that the viewers of this forum just use the notify moderator function so we can delete them in a timely fashion.

thanks
morg.

Wabby
12-09-2005, 01:39 AM
"the notify moderator function"

Where exactly do I find this?

jusander
12-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Bottom of every post there are 3 icons, last one is "notify moderator".

DarkKnight
12-09-2005, 01:55 AM
I must be a moron - I don't see it

craig r
12-09-2005, 02:08 AM
It is right next to 'post extras'.

craig

rt1
12-09-2005, 02:08 AM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/notifymod.gif

Photoc
12-09-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, Done. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-09-2005, 04:21 AM
this forum is so blatantly biased

at least you guys could be covert about the anti-competitive way you are doing this...i can't beleive 2+2 puts up with it

if nobody wants to read the threads, they wouldn't open them...and they wouldn't post in them

why don't you put

WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO ARE GIVING PARTY RAKEBACK AROUND HERE!!! IF YOU WANT IT, SEND US A PM!!!

Photoc
12-09-2005, 04:26 AM
Please to STFU sir. They pay for this section of the site, that is how 2+2 puts up with it (as you say). They also recieve total control over any content in this forum. IF you dont' like it, take your business elsewhere and get yer own forum.

morgant
12-09-2005, 05:00 AM
fish

are you serious???

there was just a thread about party rakeback, where five regular posters complained and asked that we mod them. so i deleted the thread and made the post you are now flaming.

now you otoh, like you recommend, dont open this forum and we wont open the party posts

Photoc
12-09-2005, 05:20 AM
Morg, I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting replies to party rakeback threads such as this. I have notified a moderator and have been returned to the forum. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sweetmoses
12-09-2005, 06:41 AM
where can i get party rb?

rhizome
12-09-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
where can i get party rb?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugggh! We need a sticky. Party does not allow rakeback.

Daniture
12-09-2005, 10:17 AM
And as off this morning it appears those who were on a unofficial party rakeback plan have just lost their rakeback as they have begun blocking individual tracker stats. So as long as it remains the same rakeback won't be a issue,

krimson
12-09-2005, 10:37 AM
The moderator has already been notified about this post

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Someone beat me to it /images/graemlins/frown.gif

12-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Please repeat after me, There is no sex in the champagne room and THERE IS NO RAKEBACK AT PARTY POKER!

Sarge
12-09-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this forum is so blatantly biased

at least you guys could be covert about the anti-competitive way you are doing this...i can't beleive 2+2 puts up with it

if nobody wants to read the threads, they wouldn't open them...and they wouldn't post in them

why don't you put

WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO ARE GIVING PARTY RAKEBACK AROUND HERE!!! IF YOU WANT IT, SEND US A PM!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Before using this Forum, please refer to the Terms and Conditions (Last modified: 2/10/2004)
This forum is sponsored by www.raketracker.com (http://www.raketracker.com) who partially controls its content.

12-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Ugggh! We need a sticky. Party does not allow rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is that no one reads the stickies!

busguy
12-09-2005, 06:02 PM
It would be nice though if,

[ QUOTE ]
. . . who partially controls its content.

[/ QUOTE ] was mostly limited to:

1) letting guys (advertisers) like Olback continuously post their annoying spam disguised as "advice" in EVERY SINGLE THREAD

2) anything outlined in the T&C's of this forum

rather than constant deleting of threads that may be remotely related (in a negative way) to any of the mod's or their business.

A fair number of these deleted threads had good information that would be useful to anyone not yet set up with a program. A perfect example was a thread a couple of days ago about "Trackers being turned off again". That thread was easily the most active that I have seen in a long time and had a fair number (20 ish) of responses in a short period of time, including some by this forum's moderators, and then for no apparent reason the whole thread vanished.

Sure, delete spam. Delete "pm me" requests. Delete anything that violates the T&C's that you've outlined. But don't delete the thread just cause you don't like it (I don't recall a "I don't like" outline in the T&C"s) . . . and for god sakes please don't delete a thread that is actually evoking discussion that may end up helping someone out.

That is the kind of crap I believe that has turned this forum into a ghost town. I for one would have liked it to succeed, but with no more than 10-15 people at any time of the day on average browsing this forum I would highly doubt that these folks will continue to pay for it's "sponsorship" for very long.

morgant
12-09-2005, 06:08 PM
i appreciate the input.

in regards to the thread you mention. i received countless requests to get rid of it. from every angle on the topic. players, affiliates, and party. i liked that thread for my own purposes, but had an overwhelming request to get rid of it.

we try to leave things be as much as possible. but you would not believe how much impact these forums have. we are contacted by sites, players, and affiliates all with differing agenda's to remove threads. we try and keep them up and only really remove threads that are notified to moderator, that seem to violate T&C's and are requested by the regulars of this place.

i appreciate your feedback and will try harder to only delete things that violate T&C's but there are things that fall in the grey on a constant basis.

despite your impressions, we are trying.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif
morg.

12-09-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we are tired of these threads too. we ask that the viewers of this forum just use the notify moderator function so we can delete them in a timely fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, now I'm edjumacated on the matter so I'll know what to do in the future. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know that some people ask this question legitimately, but maybe it should be in the FAQ if (or until...yeah right) this changes. That way people have no excuse to be ignorant.

StacysMom
12-09-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And as off this morning it appears those who were on a unofficial party rakeback plan have just lost their rakeback as they have begun blocking individual tracker stats. So as long as it remains the same rakeback won't be a issue,

[/ QUOTE ]

Did every affiliate get their trackers turned off?

scrapperdog
12-10-2005, 01:53 AM
I think it is a little late for this. Should have been done right from the start.

morgant
12-10-2005, 03:23 AM
i dont understand what you are saying scrapper?

what should have been done right? and blanket statements dont hold any water, something with a feasible solution is what i would LOVE to hear.

emonrad87
12-10-2005, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did every affiliate get their trackers turned off?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can 100% assure you - no.

scrapperdog
12-10-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand what you are saying scrapper?

what should have been done right? and blanket statements dont hold any water, something with a feasible solution is what i would LOVE to hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I am saying is that the day that Party Poker came out with a statement saying they officially are opposed to rakeback then all PP rakeback posts should have been prohibited. And I am not just saying this now. This may have killed off a little business for rakeback sites but trust me when I say the experienced skin players knew exactly what to do and where to go and did not need people spelling it out for them.

I also said all the trackers will be off. All you boys that insisted party wants you to get rakeback (and were as loud as possible about it) wanna argue with me now?

scrapperdog
12-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Here are my remarks on the 7 page "Offical Guide to Party Poker Rakeback" by Sintax. All remarks are by me and cut/pasted from that thread.

"Posts like this are why rakeback gets shut down. I would suggest the admins auto delete anything like this. Most of the poeple here dont need your help and dont want this posted on the forum right now."

"All they have to do is shut down the trackers and it is dead. Yes there are pain in the ass temporary ways around this but it would be dead for most people who dont want to deal with the crap of getting around it. They have done it before and if people dont use common sense then they will again."

"All I can say is that you are a little more confident in this system and party's unofficial position than I am. I still see this as very shaky and that party is still on the fence about this. I would rather wait 2 months until we knew everything was ok before posts like this are made".