PDA

View Full Version : Project Proposal

curtains
12-09-2005, 01:11 AM
I am playing sit and gos again, and will play about 24 per day. I want to have time to go thru my HH's and review my hands but I don't as I'm busy with other projects. However it's very important to go over your play afterwards. I propose the following:

I want people whom would be happy to receive every HH of every sit and go I play in at the end of the day. These people would then scan through the hand histories and pick out interesting hands and post them here. This could be a mutually beneficial arrangement as I think this will be very useful for me, and may be useful for others who want to see how the $215s are or how I play them or whatever.

I would want a reasonably long list of people, maybe 10-15....and I would alternate sending my HH's, as if I send to the same person every day they will get worn out. Thus if you signup for this, expect to receive some HH's once every week or two. Any takers?

rbear
12-09-2005, 01:13 AM
I will, for sure.

ZBTHorton
12-09-2005, 01:14 AM
I'm in.

ilya
12-09-2005, 01:14 AM
I would like to participate.

Bluff Daddy
12-09-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to participate.

[/ QUOTE ]

vinyard
I'm in

bjb23
id be down for sure

bluefeet
12-09-2005, 01:17 AM
k

mlagoo
12-09-2005, 01:18 AM
i would love to, but i'm not sure reviewing/analyzing $215 hands would be good for my progression/improvement in the low limit SNGs.

best of luck to you though, i get a lot out of you posting here and hope you continue to do so.

fluorescenthippo
12-09-2005, 01:19 AM
im in

runner4life7
12-09-2005, 01:19 AM
im definitely in, my email is eawoodington@wisc.edu

curtains
12-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Ok, everyone whom is interested please PM me your email addresses. I'll make a list of about 14 people. If I send a bunch and see no response, then I'll remove your name and replace you with someone else.

Anyway this should be good for me, regardless of your playing level. First off it saves me a lot of time and I don't have to weed through a bunch of boring hands to get through the interesting ones. Second of all, it's important to always have a good feel for what hands are "close" or would be played differently by others. Fortunately this should also be useful for most people who are signing up, thus it should be fun for everyone.

Most of all it's very important to think critically about your own hands. Just as in chess, the most important thing is usually to deeply analyze your own games.

curtains
12-09-2005, 01:24 AM
I am going to play my final set of the evening, and then I'll be back and formulate the list and contact everyone involved. Whomever was the first to send me their email will receive all my HH's from today, which will amount to 24.

Of course its not necessary that you go through each and every one of them, however it'd be nice if you could find 5 or more moments in each batch that interest you. In return I'll of course explain what I was thinking when responding on the board. Please notify me if youve posted about a hand that I somehow failed to respond to or notice.

Scuba Chuck
12-09-2005, 01:25 AM
I'm in!

curtains
12-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Ok, I have many responses, thanks! I'll be back in about an hour or so with more details. Hope you find many donklike plays so I can patch them up /images/graemlins/smile.gif

johnnybeef
12-09-2005, 01:30 AM
Curtains, my rate is $200 for a set of 8. Pm me if interested.

curtains
12-09-2005, 01:36 AM
Once again, be sure to PM me your email if you want to be in. Im simply gonig to look at my PMs and add all the email addresses to the list. If I dont have a PM from you, you wont be included.

curtains
12-09-2005, 01:45 AM
Ok list is getting full (Already like 20 people). Everyone who has PMed me up to now will be on it. After this probably not, unless I know you as a regular $109+ player. I think if the list becomes too long, such as 30-40 people, it gets a bit difficult, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

suited_ace
12-09-2005, 01:53 AM
Hell yeah.

Femto
12-09-2005, 01:58 AM
Sweetness

microbet
12-09-2005, 02:12 AM
Me.

FieryJustice
12-09-2005, 02:37 AM
If I am not in this, I am going to feel like a bitch.

curtains
12-09-2005, 02:49 AM
Ok I am working up the list as we speak, should back to you in about 10-15 minutes.

curtains
12-09-2005, 03:05 AM
Ok the list is set. I am going to send all you guys an email probably, but I will also post it here. We have 27 names. I got quite a few more proposals, but what I did was eliminate all the newbies from the list. Sorry newbs :/

Anyway the list is as follows:

1. swiftrhett
2. Degen
3. bluefeet
4. 1C5
5. ilya
6. flourescenthippo
7. bones
8. maulik
9. bjb23
10. runner4life
11. ScubaChuck
12. The4Aces
13. wuwei
14. rbear
15. The Yugoslavian
16. vinyard
17. Bluff Daddy
18. Shilly
19. Femto
20. ZBTHorton
21. rwesty
22. golfcchs
23. DMACM
24. zippy
25. microbet
26. Roman
27. GutPunch
28. pergesu
29. bad_egg

Now I already sent swiftrrhett my hands from YESTERDAY, so I will shortly be sending Degen all 24 tournaments that I played today. I also have special times where I do marathon days, so if you are lucky to be up for one of those days, then you might get a lot of tourneys. That's all, Ill send more details to you in email when its your turn. Tomorrows hands will goto number 3 on the list, the day after number 4 and so on. So the guys low on the list will receive nothing for a long time. Once the list is expired we will jump back up to 1. If I send HH's and see no response from you on the forums, I will eliminate you from the list. It may also be best to alert me when you have posted a hand, so that I will get to it promptly.

Thanks to everyone for taking part, and I hope it should be fun. Please let me know before its your turn if you need to drop out of the project. And Degen, get ready for some emails.

12-09-2005, 03:13 AM
Goddamn, i missed it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

curtains
12-09-2005, 03:18 AM
Forgive me but Im closing the list now. There may be one person who wanted to be on who forgot to send their email address, I will add them if they get it to me.

FieryJustice
12-09-2005, 03:19 AM
wtf...you dont want me on the team?

btw, i cant read. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

curtains
12-09-2005, 03:22 AM
Its ok FJ....its getting long, and we do play together a lot sometimes, depending on what buyins you are playing. So if Im going tofeel better about leaving anyone out its you. Also I don't want to start adding people now, because then its like Im picking or choosing. So unless Phil Ivey calls me on the phone and wants to be on the list. Im keeping it at 29.

curtains
12-09-2005, 03:24 AM
Shuold be interesting, its possible that after this, everyone on 2+2 will be convinced of how badly I play, since more of my bad hands will likely be posted than good/obvious ones /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Degen
12-09-2005, 03:36 AM
christmas is early this year /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hopefully i'll have some interesting hands up in the next hour or so...

curtains
12-09-2005, 03:37 AM
Yes, make sure to make only one thread per hand. I will ignore multiple hands in a thread, unless you feel they are extremely related due to some read I might have had. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtains
12-09-2005, 04:36 AM
Since posting the list I have gotten numerous emails still wanting to be on. Im sorry but its capped at this point, and also forgive me for not responding to the PMs, I have received at least a dozen so far postlist.

Degen
12-09-2005, 05:10 AM
ack i suck at pokertracker and i can't get replayer to work, just shows one player

anybody got a better replayer?

PM me for my AIM name...or IM me if you already got it if anybody can walk me through doing it on PT

pergesu
12-09-2005, 05:13 AM
Dude don't you know about the hand history replayer? I don't know if curtains is sending people the emailed histories or hard drive histories...but if it's emailed, then use the replayer (http://www.tightpoker.com/replayer.html). If not, then bitch at him and say you want the emailed histories.

Degen
12-09-2005, 05:21 AM
that thing sucks

i haven't been able to get it to work for a couple weeks, v v buggy piece of software

runner4life7
12-09-2005, 05:34 AM
do you use internet explorer? It doesnt work for me with firefox but does with IE, so thats worth a shot if you havent tried it yet.

curtains
12-09-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude don't you know about the hand history replayer? I don't know if curtains is sending people the emailed histories or hard drive histories...but if it's emailed, then use the replayer (http://www.tightpoker.com/replayer.html). If not, then bitch at him and say you want the emailed histories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im using harddrive histories.

The Yugoslavian
12-09-2005, 05:41 AM
curtains,

If you're using HHs from your HD it's gonna SUUUUUUUUCK going over two dozen HHs in raw text format.

Yugoslav

curtains
12-09-2005, 05:42 AM
There is no way to do it other than text? I will download them now and send them to Degen if necessary. I just don't understand it, cant you import them into PokerTracker and use the viewer there? Whats the deal, I do that always when my friends send me their HH's.

As a side note I guess that its not a good idea for anynoe to do this unless you have Pokertracker, so let me know if thats the case.

Degen
12-09-2005, 05:54 AM
got it, PT works fine and is fairly easy if you aren't me

1C5
12-09-2005, 10:46 AM
What I do to send HH to people which works well is forward them the emailed HH that Party mails me. Then you can just copy and paste that whole thing into any replater and it works well.

Nicholasp27
12-09-2005, 12:26 PM
i'd love to participate

12-09-2005, 12:56 PM
if its not too late, i'd like to get in on this too

Scuba Chuck
12-09-2005, 01:41 PM
It's such a crime that I have not learned how to use all of PokerTracker's features. How do you import Curtain's HH's into the database, and keep them seperate from your own? How do you use the PT replayer?

Degen
12-09-2005, 01:43 PM
create new database 'curtains'

then go to import hh's...select file, then select the text files i had his hh's in...presto

PT replayer is WAY better than tightpoker.com/replayer, glad i finally figured it out

edit-use replayer like this...

go to Tournament Statistics in the file menu then the tab labeled Tournament Notes (i beleive...could be wrong on that tab name, don't have PT on this comp...) then select the tourney you want from the first bar you see...second bar has all the hands from selected tourney...click the bar above hand #'s to make sure they are sorted in order then hit the little green 'r' above this bar...you're in business

you'll have to play around w/ the replayer a bit to get used to it, but its pretty badass once you get it down

skipperbob
12-09-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
create new database 'curtains'

then go to import hh's...select file, then select the text files i had his hh's in...presto

PT replayer is WAY better than tightpoker.com/replayer, glad i finally figured it out

edit-use replayer like this...

go to Tournament Statistics in the file menu then the tab labeled Tournament Notes (i beleive...could be wrong on that tab name, don't have PT on this comp...) then select the tourney you want from the first bar you see...second bar has all the hands from selected tourney...click the bar above hand #'s to make sure they are sorted in order then hit the little green 'r' above this bar...you're in business

you'll have to play around w/ the replayer a bit to get used to it, but its pretty badass once you get it down

[/ QUOTE ]

I Take Back all the Terrible things I Thought about You; please come to CAlif....Be my Guest...Help Me /images/graemlins/smile.gif