PDA

View Full Version : 3-6 online hand

glass
07-14-2003, 01:38 PM
Online 3-6. I usually play in loose passive 1-2 games but have done well recently in 2-4 so thought I would try a 3-6 game. In this hand the BB is fairly new to the table but seems tight and has done nothing to suggest that he is not a solid player.

EP calls. I call in late middle with 44. Small blind folds, BB raises. Ep calls. I call.

Flop: 99A

BB checks. EP checks. I suspect BB has AA. Whatever, I'm sure my 44 is not good and check, knowing I will be folding when the BB bets the turn.

Turn: 4

BB bets. EP folds. I think about calling. I think BB has AA but I suppose there are other hands he may check the flop with so I decide to raise. I hate the idea of losing bets when I have such a monster hand. I'd look like such a wimp! He reraises. I lose the plot and cap it. My reasoning was that although I now "knew" he had AA I would only "really know" if he bet the river after I cap the turn.

River:5

BB bets. Now I "really know" he has AA so I call. Just to make sure. He has AA and wins a 13BB pot.

Obviously the flop check is highly suspicious but what other hands might a solid 3-6 player check this flop with after raising preflop? Is capping the turn really stupid or just a bad idea?

lil'
07-14-2003, 01:55 PM
You should probably fold 4-4 in LMP with an EP limper. Not enough callers to chase a set here.

As for the rest of the hand, doesn't that suck. You catching a 2 outer to the 2nd best full-house is more than the A-A guy could have possibly dreamed of.