PDA

View Full Version : Is this too aggressive?

12-09-2005, 12:57 AM
PLO $50
Villian and Hero's stacks are ~$50
Villian is on button
Hero is in sb with J/images/graemlins/heart.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif
3 callers inluding villian
Hero completes, bb checks
flop comes A/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero checks ?? (should i lead out this flop?)
checked to villian who bets pot (2.50)
Hero raises to $6.25 (SHould i have raised more?)
folded around to villian who calls
turn comes 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero? pot is $15 with 35 behind
If i pot and called is this a check/fold river unless A or J hits on river?
thanks

joewatch
12-09-2005, 01:57 AM
This is a very good hand, but I would prefer to win it outright with a pot bet on the flop. You may have the best hand now, but you can't be sure that somebody is going to bet, and any non-spade 2,3,5,T,Q,K is going to give you trouble.

Check-raise the full pot on the flop if that's what your plan is. So no, not too aggressive. Rather, not aggressive enough.

12-09-2005, 02:09 AM
okay thanks. lets say i pot it and i get called and the same card comes on the turn. what is the play there? pot again and if called shut-down?

Unabridged
12-09-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
okay thanks. lets say i pot it and i get called and the same card comes on the turn. what is the play there? pot again and if called shut-down?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think AA or JJ will raise you on the flop, so i'd put villian on something like KQT, or maybe KQ spades. i'd bet around halfpot on the turn(i don't think it will look weak, it will look like you have made overfull) and then check/fold a non A,J river if you get called. i don't think you need to lead out full pot on the turn, because any made full is calling either way and all the draws are probably folding either way(unless the villian is a donk he's not calling to make a straight or 2nd nut flush when you have represented a set on the flop)