PDA

View Full Version : Taking your shirt off at the doctor's office.

fluxrad
12-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Why is it that when a doctor asks you to take your shirt off, they then immediately leave the room? Seriously. I've had this happen to me twice in the past two months, where a doctor will ask me to remove my shirt, then take off. I get to sit there for ~5 minutes while they're off doing god knows what. Then they come back and I start to feel all embarrassed 'cause...hey there, I'm just a guy here with his [censored] shirt off in your office.

What is the rationale behind doctors asking you to do this? My only theory is that they ask you to set there (in a 50 degree room, no less) so that they can break your spirit. That way, you won't freak out when they break the news that you got a skin condition from a nasty skank in Atlantic City I had sex with that one time.

I emplore you. Seriously. What the hell is with the asking to take off the shirt ten minutes before you need to have the shirt off?

TheMainEvent
12-09-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm fairly sure this is an intimidation tactic. It works pretty well too.

tonypaladino
12-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Many doctors are so full of themselves and think their time is so [censored] valuable that they cannot waste time standing there while you take it off. Instead they go do some small task that probably didn't need to be done, just because they feel the need to maintain an image that they are so busy.

benza13
12-09-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That way, you won't freak out when they break the news that you got a skin condition from a nasty skank in Atlantic City I had sex with that one time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed.

Cubswin
12-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Im not sure... i am actually having my first physical in about ten years tomorrow at 8am. ill let you know if he pulls this on me.

btw, anyone know at what age they start doing prostate exams on men? im 27 and so dont want a finger up my ass tomorrow morning.

cubs

Blarg
12-09-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Many doctors are so full of themselves and think their time is so [censored] valuable that they cannot waste time standing there while you take it off. Instead they go do some small task that probably didn't need to be done, just because they feel the need to maintain an image that they are so busy.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're definitely world-class full of themselves.

Be glad you're dudes. Many doctors are notorious for asking all women patients to take their clothes off. Even if they're just looking over their feet. Seriously. Some of them describe it as "a perk."

Reqtech
12-09-2005, 12:33 AM
They do this so that they can personally make sure the cameras are set correctly.

dblgutshot
12-09-2005, 12:35 AM
I always wondered this too. My sister is a doctor I'll ask her.

Matt Flynn
12-09-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo'd be amazed how slow a man can take off a shirt. There's always a mountain of paperwork to do anyway - it's easily a third of the job time even though it does little to help patients. It ain't an image: they are that busy. Medicine sucks for all concerned.

gorie
12-09-2005, 01:18 AM
ugh. i went to a doctor once who undid my bra himself without warning to listen to my heart or whatever with a stethoscope. and then told me to lay down (with my bra hanging loose). i think i still had my shirt on, but it was creepy and i didn't like it.

tdarko
12-09-2005, 01:20 AM
meh. every year i have a doctor tell me to drop my pants and bend over as he puts the latex gloves on. until you go through this don't bitch.

Cubswin
12-09-2005, 01:28 AM
so at what age does the latex glove start? anyone?

Eurotrash
12-09-2005, 01:29 AM
yeah, it's kind of like when you go to the doctor.. you don't see the actual doctor first, you must wait in the waiting room. there's no chance of not waiting; that's the name of the room.

the doctors are all back there, "Well, we can't take them right now, we already have this room!"

jba
12-09-2005, 01:30 AM
man boobs?

12-09-2005, 01:32 AM
lol dude, tell me you did not make that up. hillarious!

man
12-09-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah I'm really curious about this. I'm 21 and I haven't gotten a finger up my ass yet.

TheMainEvent
12-09-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah I'm really curious about this. I'm 21 and I haven't gotten a finger up my ass yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Who should be screened?
Screening means looking for cancer before it causes symptoms. Some doctors recommend that men at high risk--African-American men and men with a family history of prostate cancer--should be screened.
Doctors don't agree on whether screening is needed for men who aren't at high risk. The American Cancer Society recommends it for all men over age 50. The National Cancer Institute, the U. S. Preventive Services Task Force and the American Academy of Family Physicians believe the choice should be left up to individual men and their doctors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg
12-09-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ugh. i went to a doctor once who undid my bra himself without warning to listen to my heart or whatever with a stethoscope. and then told me to lay down (with my bra hanging loose). i think i still had my shirt on, but it was creepy and i didn't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He couldn't hear your heart without your taking off your bra? Sheesh not all that sure I like the sound of that.

"Would you put some lipstick on your nipples please? It helps conduct the sound."

Eurotrash
12-09-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol dude, tell me you did not make that up. hillarious!

[/ QUOTE ]

you sit there, you pretend you're reading your magazine, but you're actually looking at the other people..

"ehh, I wonder what he's got?"

"that guy's a goner."

then they call you. you get very excited when they call you, because you think you're going to see the doctor. but you're not! now you're going into the next, smaller waiting room. and now you don't even have your magazine.

you're sitting there with you pants around your ankles on that butcher paper.

edit: it's Seinfeld, Capo. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Blarg
12-09-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
meh. every year i have a doctor tell me to drop my pants and bend over as he puts the latex gloves on. until you go through this don't bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least you don't have to spreadeagle and have him start sticking stuff in your pussy.

If we're gonna one-up them on that, it's when you're talking about nightmarish stuff like when they do those probes up your uretha. Getting tubes forced through your dork hole, from what I've read, is really uncool.

Blarg
12-09-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you're not cute enough.

Blarg
12-09-2005, 01:44 AM
And then different someones who you hope are medical assistants of some kind pop into the room every couple of minutes while you're sitting there with your nads hanging out and go, Oops, sorry.

TheMainEvent
12-09-2005, 01:45 AM
The plus side is that they usually give you enough time to finish masturbating before they come back in the room

craig r
12-09-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure... i am actually having my first physical in about ten years tomorrow at 8am. ill let you know if he pulls this on me.

btw, anyone know at what age they start doing prostate exams on men? im 27 and so dont want a finger up my ass tomorrow morning.

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you should worry about it happening tomorrow. I think it generally starts at 40. The only reason you should worry about it is if you tell him (which you should if you are having these probems) peeing, getting it up, finishing, or nut pain. Other than that, I highly doubt they will check your prostate tomorrow.

craig

Blarg
12-09-2005, 01:59 AM
I look at masturbating more like I look at [cardgame], as one long session you never really finish.

TheMainEvent
12-09-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I look at masturbating more like I look at [cardgame], as one long session you never really finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's gotta be like the best one-sentence post ever

TheIrishThug
12-09-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If we're gonna one-up them on that, it's when you're talking about nightmarish stuff like when they do those probes up your uretha. Getting tubes forced through your dork hole, from what I've read, is really uncool.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think my penis let out a little wimper when i was reading it.

Blarg
12-09-2005, 02:11 AM
I'm still traumatized by a trip report I read on it in Esquire like ten years ago. It was friggin vivid.

TimM
12-09-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm 39 and haven't had it yet, so maybe you have at least 12 more years.